Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM

127 posts, read 346,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchan3000 View Post
did you watch any of Sarah Palin's RNC speech? she mocked community service...you don't find that hateful?
She wasn't mocking community service. She was responding to Obama's assertion that she didn't have any experience. She compared the responsibilites of the mayor of a town to those of a community organizer.

I'm not from Alaska, and I don't know much about Palin. But I am from Illinois and I know a lot about Obama. He is in NO WAY ready for the office of President. But we may all find that out soon enough.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchan3000 View Post
remember this?
remember this< but there is nothing there? Did I watch the speech, of course, just as I watched the democrat speakers, No, she did not mock community service, she simply pointed out the difference in it and having the responsibility of running a town, city or state? I am very involved in commuity service but certainly do not pretend to have the same responsibilities of our mayor, or our governor.

Nita

Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Now that is just plain funny, coming from you. What was that comment you made last night about someone's family smoking weed and having abortions?

Of course no one should believe everything they read or see in the media. We all come to our own conclusions and any of us can find some sort of media outlet that can back up our beliefs.
ok, I made the statement, why? because of some of your statements, mainly in referance to what kind of a mom she is and not voting for her because of her stand on pot. You are right, I should have used more tact: I, however didn't call you a psychopath or say I would spit on you. I apoligize for what I said...

Nita

Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Might do this country some good to smoke a little more weed and mellow itself out. Hell I'd have accepted the offer if I was asked to run for VP. Relax people...it's not like she's running for prez.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Oh really, Nita? You made your comment right after I said this:

Quote:
No, I'd rather be boiled in oil than vote for an ultra conservative, especially a hypocrite that "inhaled". My "pot" comment was specifically referencing that...

I don't want to put Sarah down as far as being a mother goes but...

if her parenting is anything like her politics, she let her daughter down big time. A bit of communication may have prevented this girl from becoming a teen mother.

The abstinence stance certainly didn't work out, did it?
The "family values" stance is a big part of the Republican platform. If they can't live them in real life, how can they inflict their...values....on the rest of the country?

No, it certainly doesn't make her a horrible person because her daughter sought attention in the most normal way for girls of her age to do. And it's really too bad that the poor kid's going to be put through the media wringer.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-06-2008 at 11:24 AM..

Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 AM

16 posts, read 25,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
remember this< but there is nothing there? Did I watch the speech, of course, just as I watched the democrat speakers, No, she did not mock community service, she simply pointed out the difference in it and having the responsibility of running a town, city or state? I am very involved in commuity service but certainly do not pretend to have the same responsibilities of our mayor, or our governor.

Nita
she said (in that high-pitched whine) at the RNC, and has repeated several times since: "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."

this is nothing but mocking, and anyone who says other wise is either stupid or playing passive aggressive. personally, i don't think obama's camp should be focusing on her experience anyway; there are plenty of other reasons why she should not be elected to office.

Also, "remember this?" i was referring to your quote, i'm not sure why you didn't get that.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:21 AM

127 posts, read 346,725 times
Quote:

Family values is a big part of the Republican platform. If they can't live them in real life, how can they inflict their...values....in the rest of the country?
I'm not going to touch the pot comment. . .I don't really care. But the daughter issue got my hackles up a bit. Parents can be the PERFECT parents and their children can still do the wrong thing. . .trust me, I was once a teenager. We have no way of knowing what they discussed regarding birth control, etc. Just because one doesn't want condoms handed out in the junior high schools doesn't mean one doesn't discuss birth control with one's child. I just think we should lay of the "parenting skills" of the candidates. . . all of them. It isn't fair to judge a person on the mistakes their 17 year old.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:23 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I wonder if those that think smoking a little weed is so wrong...go out and get drunk once or twice a week. What a crock...
I voting for her based on the fact she's ok with the hemp.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 AM

16 posts, read 25,985 times
Quote:

Family values is a big part of the Republican platform. If they can't live them in real life, how can they inflict their...values....in the rest of the country?
this is absolutely right-on, she opposes a woman's right to choose yet doesn't support programs, like sex education in schools, healthcare, funding for early childhood education, that would prevent unwanted pregnancies and help women who choose to have the baby support it financially and emotionally. She can make judgments about cosmopolitan liberals that apparently have no moral standing, but god-forbid someone judge her hypocracy.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
It isn't fair to judge a person on the mistakes their 17 year old.
Of course it isn't.

To me, Sarah Palin seems very intolerant of anyone who doesn't live the traditional way. Hopefully she'll learn something from this and soften some of her extreme rightist views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska