Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:38 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,033,517 times

Advertisements

Don't want a fight with Met....

Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Actually, you did just that, unless you want to excuse yourself by...virtue of having a less than stellar command of the English language.

And no, my reasons for not voting for ultra conservatives have absolutely nothing to do with anyone's stance on the legalization or decriminalization of cannabis.

Political threads of this nature quite simply seem to cry out for a bit of flippancy now and then.

But I didn't vote for Palin for governor of Alaska and I won't be voting for the McCain/Palin ticket.
your comment referred to Pot, if you choose to vote for a ticket that is not ultra conservative or republican period, that is your choice, your comment about voting against someone who is anti pot-drew my attention. it is obvious you wouldn't vote for a conservative. At least you are honest...

Nita

Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
No, I'd rather be boiled in oil than vote for an ultra conservative, especially a hypocrite that "inhaled". My "pot" comment was specifically referencing that...

I don't want to put Sarah down as far as being a mother goes but...

if her parenting is anything like her politics, she let her daughter down big time. A bit of communication may have prevented this girl from becoming a teen mother.

The abstinence stance certainly didn't work out, did it?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No, I'd rather be boiled in oil than vote for an ultra conservative, especially a hypocrite that "inhaled". My "pot" comment was specifically referencing that...

I don't want to put Sarah down as far as being a mother goes but...

if her parenting is anything like her politics, she let her daughter down big time. A bit of communication may have prevented this girl from becoming a teen mother.

The abstinence stance certainly didn't work out, did it?
are you niave enough to think her daughter didn't know about birth contro. and are you and your family so perfect nothing like this has ever happened? Well maybe it hasn't cause maybe they just all get abortions after smoking their pot!!!!!??? and doing whatever... A kid gets pregnant, and now it is mommy and daddys fault...I do see why someone said fighting with you is useless: you are right and just a bit above the rest of us.

Nita

Old 09-05-2008, 08:46 PM

280 posts, read 686,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleer View Post
When you accept VP from someone you've never met. And you don't know what a VP does. You're either very ambitious and don't care/know that you are (quite obviously) being used. Or you are totally clueless to the fact that you are being used. And I'm guessing the latter.

Being used - are you serious? She just became an overnight sensation and regardless the turnout of this election will be able to write her own ticket. I wish I could be "used" in such a way!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Don't want a fight with Met....
think I will just let it go for now.....I have said all that can be said...

Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
are you niave enough to think her daughter didn't know about birth contro.
Not quite. I think that a parent who would have talked with her about it instead of pushing the absolute abstinence stance could have made a difference. Communication is a much more important part of parenting than simply preaching.

Of course Sarah's daughter knew about birth control, and the boy involved no doubt did as well. For whatever reasons they chose not to utilize that knowledge. Maybe some parental communication on both sides would have made a difference.

Quote:
and are you and your family so perfect nothing like this has ever happened?
Pretty much so, yes.

Less flippantly, we're all very good communicators. I think that teen pregnancy is less likely to occur in families that actually talk among themselves rather than simply issuing edicts about what is or isn't done. So no, this sort of thing has not happened in my family.

Quote:
Well maybe it hasn't cause maybe they just all get abortions after smoking their pot!!!!!???
Nope, I'm very much pro life and my offspring is very much unable to smoke anything due to health concerns. But he does have the concept of responsible parenthood down extremely well. Because he believes, as I do, that abortion is flat out murder, he takes care in his relationships.

Edited to add that it's really quite a shame that you're unable to make whatever point you are trying to make without taking petty and erroneous little cheap shots at my family. But I suppose that lies all you have to work with. It's too bad that you can't truly believe in something without being able to stand up for that with anything resembling the truth. If you have to defend your...ideals with fabrications, they really aren't worth having in the first place.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-05-2008 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Hey Met....sure looks like poor old Nita might be related to poor old starlite

Ya gotta be a few bricks short of a load to vote conservative....they both fit well

Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 PM

So good to see you again

Why the hell is it that neo-cons are so abysmally sub literate?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:31 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Its in their Kool-Aid....screws up the thought process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska