Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Ching View Post
The PROBLEMS with Medicare and SS are that baby-boomers are all hitting old age right now, and there is more care being given than money being put IN. THAT'S the main problem.
That is just "one" of the problems.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Republican Gomorrah - this is a fascinating conversation with Max Blumenthal in 3 parts. In part 2, he discusses Palin.

Part 1 -

YouTube - DN! "Republican Gomorrah (1\3): Inside the Movement That Shattered the Party"

Part 2 -

YouTube - DN! "Republican Gomorrah (2\3): Inside the Movement That Shattered the Party"

Part 3 -

YouTube - DN! "Republican Gomorrah (3\3): Inside the Movement That Shattered the Party"

Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I gave my opinion and that's the way it is so stop trying to force yours on other people! Your whine is that of a left winger.
I posted a set of facts, not just my opinion. You still have not based anything on facts.

You cannot refute, with your opnion, the fact that Communist Cuba has a more effective health care system than we do!

The US has an infant mortality rate of 6.26 per 1000 live births. That compares to Hong Kong with 2.92. Japan with 2.79 and Sweden with 2.75. Burmuda has 2.46. The lowest is Singapore with 2.31. Yet we devote a higher percentage of our economy to health care than any of those nations!

Worse yet there are parts of the US with far higher rates than the average. Indian reservations and Bush Alaska historically have had a very high rate, though I don't have current figures. Puerto Rico is reported at 8.42, and American Samoa is 10.18.

Your opinion might make you feel good, but our babies die because of what you promote.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Republican Gomorrah - this is a fascinating conversation with Max Blumenthal in 3 parts. In part 2, he discusses Palin.
That is an absolutely fantastic interview. He provided the connections to a lot of things that I knew had to exist, but had no idea what or how it had actually happened.
"That's what we're seeing with the health care debate too, ... a movement that's terrified that the government will start to be able to solve people's crisis, because they survive and thrive on manipulating people's personal crisis."
-- Max Blumenthal

Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Gee, the dual role of victim and the valiant fighter soldiering on refusing to give in.

Victim? Victim? LOL you are out of your mind. NO victim here Mrs. Notrees.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
I posted a set of facts, not just my opinion. You still have not based anything on facts.

You cannot refute, with your opnion, the fact that Communist Cuba has a more effective health care system than we do!

The US has an infant mortality rate of 6.26 per 1000 live births. That compares to Hong Kong with 2.92. Japan with 2.79 and Sweden with 2.75. Burmuda has 2.46. The lowest is Singapore with 2.31. Yet we devote a higher percentage of our economy to health care than any of those nations!

Worse yet there are parts of the US with far higher rates than the average. Indian reservations and Bush Alaska historically have had a very high rate, though I don't have current figures. Puerto Rico is reported at 8.42, and American Samoa is 10.18.

Your opinion might make you feel good, but our babies die because of what you promote.

I don't have to refute anything to you! Babies die because of what I promote?? What a stupid statement!!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
I had it right Pat....your posts clearly show its nothing but air

There is no fix for that

Put that in your facts column

Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
I don't have to refute anything to you! Babies die because of what I promote?? What a stupid statement!!
Well, you don't "have" to refute anything, Pat, but the FACT remains that this statement has a lot of truth in it.

Quote:
You cannot refute, with your opinion, the fact that Communist Cuba has a more effective health care system than we do!
You also can't refute the fact that infant mortality rate in the U.S. is fairly deplorable. I don't think that Floyd meant that you personally were responsible; I think that what he meant is that your...opinions...sometimes come across as Social Darwinism.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
It's a well documented and clearly accurate statement.

You of course can't refute it!

And of course you don't seem to care what is true and what is not, which makes your opinions worthless to others.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
I had it right Pat....your posts clearly show its nothing but air

There is no fix for that

Put that in your facts column
My posts are my opinions; I was not aware the CD's were "fact finding" - I prefer to not copy and paste as you and a few others do on here. And, any facts I want to check on will not come from the Forums.

I see you conveniently chose to ignore my comments about when you posted "your" supposed boat and went into attack mode....hmmmmm. As far as nothing but air you need to pull your head out of your arse same as FD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: