Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times

Advertisements

Wow, I'm not sure how to respond to all this.

All I really can say is, when someone, elderly or not, goes into emergency in extreme pain after falling, then told to "sign these papers agreeing that you understand that because you don't have insurance, you will be treated just like anyone else". So you see the doc, sent home with some pain meds. With in the next day or two of even more extreme pain you go back to emergency to find out that your hip was broken. This I know as fact, but have heard of many others having the same type of issue all due to not having insurance.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Try living in a state where the policies now require everyone to have health insurance. Trouble is it is based on income...sounds good ....
1. until you lose a good chunk of that income and can no longer afford it...they will not adjust you payments to accommodate...

2. anyone can be turned down due to pre-existing medical problems...now what do you do....you can't afford the premiums if you can find an insurer.

3. the state "miscalculated" the amount of unemployed people that it would have to provide free insurance to and now is going bankrupt

4. oh and did anyone put a clause in that prevented illegal aliens from qualifying for free insurance??? NO

5. if you don't provide proof of insurance with your income tax filing...no return for you...you get a $1500 fine!!

Well, this is what the debate should be - on how we can come up with an effective solution. This is America, isn't it? This country sent men to the moon, it should be able to figure out a way to provide affordable insurance to every citizen. Instead, you see the Republican barbarians at townhall meetings showing up with guns, shouting down people etc (many of these funded covertly by insurance companies). Where is the "debate" here? It is only noise they are interested in. Their goal is to be disruptive.

One more thing - illegal aliens is a red herring. Nobody is calling for coverage to illegal aliens. In fact, right now, an illegal can walk into an emergency ward and get all manner of treatment, which you and I pay for anyway.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:31 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Your own set of facts, again.

Not to mention a lack of respect for others rather than the empathy you claimed, and a little name calling there just for starters.

You're doing good today... eh?
Floyd, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee....Big Daddy is hardly name calling. When I have time I will find the posts I am referring to. I don't display a lack of respect for anyone unless it is how I am treated. I'm blunt but I do respect others opinions providing they are stated in a "respectful" manner.

Yah, I'm doing real good today.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Well, this is what the debate should be - on how we can come up with an effective solution. This is America, isn't it? This country sent men to the moon, it should be able to figure out a way to provide affordable insurance to every citizen. Instead, you see the Republican barbarians at townhall meetings showing up with guns, shouting down people etc (many of these funded covertly by insurance companies). Where is the "debate" here? It is only noise they are interested in. Their goal is to be disruptive.

One more thing - illegal aliens is a red herring. Nobody is calling for coverage to illegal aliens. In fact, right now, an illegal can walk into an emergency ward and get all manner of treatment, which you and I pay for anyway.
Hold on.....it is not only the Repubs showing up, it is also the good ole Dems as well! At least try to be fair!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:33 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:

well ya gotta get rid of the dishonest people first which is impossible. all kinds of things are slipped into these bills that seem not to be noticed until to late. You can debate all you want...it is the writers of the bill that you have no control over.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Hold on.....it is not only the Repubs showing up, it is also the good ole Dems as well! At least try to be fair!
To quote Barney Frank, "Which planet do you spend most of your time on?"

Old 09-04-2009, 06:35 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
oh crap...KICKS self....let me self get sucked into political issues....I retract anything I said!!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
To quote Barney Frank, "Which planet do you spend most of your time on?"
To quote myself: "Thank God it's not the one you reside on!!!!!"

Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Floyd, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee....Big Daddy is hardly name calling. When I have time I will find the posts I am referring to. I don't display a lack of respect for anyone unless it is how I am treated. I'm blunt but I do respect others opinions providing they are stated in a "respectful" manner.

Yah, I'm doing real good today.
You have time for disrespect, but not enough to verify your "facts"? Hmmm...

BTW, "Big Daddy" is name calling.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
You have time for disrespect, but not enough to verify your "facts"? Hmmm...

BTW, "Big Daddy" is name calling.
If anyone on here is disrespectful it is you Floyd. I will find the posts to verify my facts. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

BTW wouldn't you rather be called Big Daddy opposed to the names you have called others; morons, idiots, etc etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: