Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,916,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your mother's dog and also for her. As an animal lover I can only begin to imagine how she feels and the thought of this makes me sick.

As far as banning certain breeds, absolutely not, I am very much against that. Once they start with a breed it gets totally out of hand as evidenced by this list. They even have a Pug on the list.

List Of 75 Banned Or Restricted Breeds Is your Dog On The New List??You Might Be Suprised.

Many states in the -48 require a 6 foot fence, liability insurance and for the pit to be muzzled at all times outside of it's own yard. The insurance is very expensive. I have owned 3 purebred pits in the past and currently have a mixed pit. There was never a problem with them being around cats or other dogs. It has to do with breeding and how these dogs are raised. As far as those who own them for a "macho" status I won't even go there since it makes me furious. It's as they say, "ban the owners, not the breed." Again, I am so sorry for what happened.
My son and his gf have a little pit. She is the sweetest, most docile, loving dog I have ever encountered. She can also climb my six foot cedar fence and jump down the other side. I was going to put a ledge about a foot from the top but elected to just stay outside with her when they came to visit.

Sanction the owner, not the breed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska