Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 10:37 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
You can buy celery pills/powder... but if you are going to eat pills, might as well stick to the real medical pills
I'd rather take a food based pill than a lab mfg'd pill for any issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 10:48 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Commercial food pills are lab/factory made as well...

Unless you make it yourself, it's from an assembly line

Old 04-06-2018, 11:10 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:

You posted the following on a recent blood pressure thread. Arent Atenolol and Amolodopine and most diuretics manufactured in labs?

Quote:
I take Atenolol and a diuretic a while after breakfast and then the 5mg Amolodopine about 5PM. This works for me.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
You posted the following on a recent blood pressure thread. Arent Atenolol and Amolodopine and most diuretics manufactured in labs?
Agree. Why not just stop taking ALL "big pharma" drugs?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:51 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I don't know why so many who are into pharma and dislike alt medicines, continue to post and argue etc....we can all take what we want to take, right? Why question everyone's motives?

Old 04-07-2018, 11:04 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
Quote:
Well, your brother needs you to do that for him all the time...so don't move.
Yes, he does. But it's okay. He's an artisan baker so we have the whole bartering thing down pat.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:05 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Stress is a catalyst to high blood pressure - and the debating back and forth as to who is being rude and the subsequent retorts can raise the numbers.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Stress is a catalyst to high blood pressure - and the debating back and forth as to who is being rude and the subsequent retorts can raise the numbers.
Hopefully no one is so sensitive that they are stressed by anonymous message board posts.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:10 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
^ How we interact with and react to others can affect our BP. Not engaging in foolishness can save tons of headaches. So can speaking up when necessary. People who swallow insults and cower from fear of judgement suffer just as much as those who are ill tempered and judgemental. The mind-body connection is dynamic.

I popped in to share another tip: research deep breathing techniques for stress/anxiety and BP issues. May come across something useful.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:01 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
^ How we interact with and react to others can affect our BP. Not engaging in foolishness can save tons of headaches. So can speaking up when necessary. People who swallow insults and cower from fear of judgement suffer just as much as those who are ill tempered and judgemental. The mind-body connection is dynamic.

I popped in to share another tip: research deep breathing techniques for stress/anxiety and BP issues. May come across something useful.
Does that speaking up include correcting misinformation or misconceptions? Or do you figure it's better just to go along to get along when the provider of that misinformation regards any disagreement as a personal attack?

I've had high blood pressure for years, have done what I could in the way of life style, diet and compliance with medication regimens to keep it under control, done pretty well with it, thank goodness. Don't know about anyone else, but any stress I may encounter comes from my real life experiences, and not participation in internet forums. That I regard as purely entertainment, to be dispatched into the wilds of cyberspace as I see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine