Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,784 times

Advertisements

Having been on the grand jury at the Palmer courthouse a couple times, I can say yeah, drugs are a problem in Wasilla. The drug trade is feeding the property time trade. It wasn't so bad when it was just some pot but meth has been a real curse here.

Marijuana is semi legal here and has been that way since the mid-70's. I do wonder what the lack of Twinkies has done to the average pot smoker. Have they adapted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
Heroin is bad in Anchorage it seems..

Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
It seems as if the Native population always gets blamed for Alaska's high drug and alcohol abuse rate, but I've seen plenty of white trash sipping on the firewater and otherwise indulging in all manner of recreational substances. I have to agree that meth seems to be a problem in Wasilla as well as many other parts of the state.

Skagway and Haines seem to be two of the cleanest communities.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,290,066 times
There's a bit of it around here. A few high schoolers were busted for heroin possession a couple of years ago and caused a big scandal, and a guy who lives around the corner from me, and is pretty well known for various reasons, sells coke. Pot is fairly common, especially among the skiers and snowboarders. Alcohol seems to be the bigger problem here. For the size of the town there seem to be quite a lot of DUIs, particularly among the sledneck types. It's easy to stay away from, though. If you don't go looking for it you won't have a problem with it.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 AM

118 posts, read 208,292 times
Any where you go in the world where there is peeeeeeeeple you will find them getting messed up on something. I'd say getting high is pretty innate bout to take a bong rip myself.

goodnight

Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM

502 posts, read 985,913 times
REDJACKET WROTE: First Out Frontier, but I'd can't imagine Pugs being any sort of a problem.

Is Pugs slang for drug addicts ? Also I should have asked in the opening Thread,

AND, IS HOME INVASION, (OR HOME ROBBERIES) AS A RESULT OF DRUGGIES SUPPORTING THEIR ADDICTION, A BIG PROBLEM IN ALASKA, ESPECIALLY, THE OUTBACK ?

Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM

681 posts, read 1,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
REDJACKET WROTE: First Out Frontier, but I'd can't imagine Pugs being any sort of a problem.

Is Pugs slang for drug addicts ? Also I should have asked in the opening Thread,

AND, IS HOME INVASION, (OR HOME ROBBERIES) AS A RESULT OF DRUGGIES SUPPORTING THEIR ADDICTION, A BIG PROBLEM IN ALASKA, ESPECIALLY, THE OUTBACK ?
There have been cases of home invasion around.....but with the level of gun ownership around the state a potential home invader ought to think long and hard before busting through someones door. There was even a case in Fairbanks where a lady chased a home invader with a sword.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:54 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post

You can check stats on city-data, but I believe it's on par. Most homeowners own guns, so it's a risky business for home invaders lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,784 times
Random home invasions are rare for the reason mentioned, most invasions are from known acquaintances who who you have something they really want....like prescription opiates or meth.

If you do have any prescription opiates, don't tell anybody. Seriously!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
I knew somebody who blabbed about their dad's prescription opiates and got shot and killed. Good advice to keep your mouth shut, Gnomad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage