Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 12:12 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,262,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2hoop View Post
Welcome to Alaska! Did you guys find a place to live yet?
Thank you!
Yes, we did. It's extremely close to the airport in a nice little residential area. We're renting for the first year

Hubs loves the LACK of commute to the airport lol. I can get him there in 5 mins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 AM

23 posts, read 28,520 times
What is a good site to search for homes to rent in Alaska?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillamochagrl View Post
Zillow or Obanion's relocation service. Those worked well for us.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Zillow or Obanion's relocation service. Those worked well for us.
Thank you, I'll look at those sites

Old 07-16-2015, 10:27 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,621,239 times
Quote:
Jack White Reality has rental listings: Search Rentals - Page 1
Some of other Realtors might too.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Jack White Reality has rental listings: Search Rentals - Page 1
Some of other Realtors might too.
Thank you

Old 07-22-2015, 11:41 AM

39 posts, read 88,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpowers187 View Post
Out of curiosity, are you guys getting a paid move? If not what moving companies have you found that you might recommend? I am also getting a federal job going from Temecula, CA to Anchorage in October, but it is not going to be a paid move. Looking to be more expensive then I had originally anticipated, especially with having to ship 2 vehicles.

Temecula caught my eye...we lived there for just one year. Too hot. Couldn't hang. We are ORIGINALLY from Alaska. My husband works for the federal gov't and we've lived everywhere with his job. Currently in Washington state. Miss Alaska everyday! Good luck with the move!

Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 AM

39 posts, read 88,773 times
We currently live in Washington state. Seattle area. Homesick for Alaska everyday! Born and raised. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2015, 10:48 AM

Time is quickly moving and we're getting all of our ducks in a row for our big move....we have two small dogs that need to fly with us to anchorage, does anyone know if they can fly in the cargo area in November? What papers will they need to fly?

Old 08-20-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Time is quickly moving and we're getting all of our ducks in a row for our big move....we have two small dogs that need to fly with us to anchorage, does anyone know if they can fly in the cargo area in November? What papers will they need to fly?
We just did the same thing with our cats about a month ago. To fly, they will have to get a health certificate clearing them for flight within a two week period of the actual departure date. Vets won't bend on that requirement. I am not sure what shots dogs will need, but our cats had to have rabies shots, I think.

It's expensive to ship animals. My husband flies for the airline and we still had to pay $200 or so to have our cats shipped up here. Of course, I picked them up at the cargo terminal once they got here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage