Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 11:02 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times

Advertisements

^^^. Go read the WA and Idahoho forums. According to them those places suck worse! Thry are full of drugs and crime and it either rains all the time - rain sucks - or it's 118 below zero all winter.

So let's face it, everywhere except Aspen and Malibu sucks. Can someone pay it forward and loan (give) me about 30 million dollars so I can buy a modest home in either place. Thanks.

Or maybe a million five so I could get a summer place in Flagstaff, that wouldn't suck too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 12:08 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
<snip>Someday, Northern Arizona will grow, and be like the great resort towns in Colorado like Durango, Telluride, Vail, and Aspen. I predict this will be within 15 years

I sure as heck hope not!!!

California cities are mostly anti-growth with a few exceptions such as Temecula and Murrieta in Riverside County.

I remember when they changed it to Rancho California for a little while. Inland Empire, the armpit of SoCal
Hmm, in re reading this I see so much fail. But it would take a whole other thread to cover it. I'll just briefly comment in green.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:49 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,144,492 times
I miss it terribly and will return unless the world ends or i die first. Coming back East was suicidal

Old 06-02-2016, 01:00 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgynomad View Post
I love this thread.
Arizona sucks. Anyone who says otherwise has either had their brain melted by consistent 118 degree weather, or has been smoking the great biker crank that's been moving through here for the past 20 years.

Flagstaff is the place everyone wants to move, thus, nobody gets to move there.
Anyone who says they love hot weather, has never done construction in 118 degree heat, with jeans and a long sleeve on. More than likely they run from A/C to A/C and make decent enough money (or live off someone else ie parents/welfare) to notice the dramatic spike in utility bill from the months of May-October.

For those wanting to move here, don't..We have enough room, water, or patience for you.

If you believe this is a great place to move, I've got some awesome Arizona beachfront property I'd love to sell you.

All jokes aside I love this place, but when you grow up and spend a good 23 of 26 years in a place, it tends to grow old.

Opposites attract, my dream spot would be Washington or Idaho.
I worked construction here in June of 2008 and worked as a local mover in July of 2009, and I would still rather live here than in Flagstaff. I hate anything below 60 degrees

Old 06-02-2016, 07:18 AM

364 posts, read 618,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I miss it terribly and will return unless the world ends or i die first. Coming back East was suicidal

Can you explain why you say moving to the east coast was suicidal vs Az? And what do you miss about AZ.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:39 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,144,492 times
The weather, the scenery, the people, the whole West Coast attitude, and the job market. Out there you can go from Call Center to call center for years until bridges would burned. It is a dynamic area. There is always a new company moving in. There is constant change.

Septembers Bar I miss you and I love you. I love you all. The King of Country Club is trying to come back!

Old 06-06-2016, 06:39 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Hey, now do not forget the heat as it has been hot the last few:

What is 100+ degree weather like? Is it too hot to handle?

Kills thermometers, cars come with oven mits, oh the misery!

Old 06-07-2016, 11:55 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Most of the comments the OP is saying is beyond inaccurate. It's not even worth taking the time to address. I grew up in southern California, and live in South Florida (Miami metro). Arizona was my favorite place of all and when you leave Arizona, you take a lot of it for granted.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:17 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times
This thread is like a venus fly trap.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:46 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Most of the comments the OP is saying is beyond inaccurate. It's not even worth taking the time to address. I grew up in southern California, and live in South Florida (Miami metro). Arizona was my favorite place of all and when you leave Arizona, you take a lot of it for granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
This thread is like a venus fly trap.

SNAP! CRUNCH! YUM...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona