Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 01:02 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
It takes time to fortify an election! How many ballots left seems to increase and how much time is extended daily. They have to layer the ballots in AZ they can do huge drops here in the cover of night like PA that's too suspicious. Got to give the destruction of our Republic time as fortification isn't quick!
There is nothing suspicious. This election and the last are probably the most secure in our history, despite the lies you have been and are being fed. That extra security and checking every dotted i and every crossed t, is one of the reasons why it's taking so long. Arizona allows same day ballot drop offs until 7pm. They got 290,000 ballots on election day. Every single one of those signatures needs to be verified by a human, cross-checked against the signature on file. 290,000, by how many workers? I guarantee not that many, especially today. Arizona election workers were getting death threats weeks before the election. How many people do you think want to do that job in those conditions? They probably have half the staff they had just a couple years ago. They actually put out a call for certain counties, asking people who are registered voters to come in to help.

If they were able to verify and count 290,000 ballots in a few days, THAT would be suspicious.

A lot of election deniers have been calling for hand counting vs machine. If that happens it might be weeks before any election results are known in future elections. People don't understand the system and just take the bait of every online troll telling them it's rigged (as well as certain politicians, who practically come right out and say "If I win, it was a fair election, if I lose it was rigged").

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-11-2022 at 02:11 PM..

Old 11-11-2022, 01:37 PM

219 posts, read 176,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Because I’m responding to nonsense with facts?

Right, it must be a conspiracy and anyone with a counterpoint must be an operative.
I never said anything about a conspiracy. Just wondering if you are Katie Hobbs?

Old 11-11-2022, 01:40 PM

219 posts, read 176,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
High gas prices and inflation are world-wide, not specific to us. We import a lot of stuff, don't forget. What could any one politician do about that, let alone a governor?

I also think a lot is companies simply raising prices under the guise of inflation, because they can. Exxon just posted the highest quarterly profits in their history, you really think they want prices to come down? These companies, food companies included, are raking in money. Prices IMO are artificially high on top of inflation just due to greed.

But again, there is not one thing any state governor could do to change gas prices or inflation.

Not entirely true. Governor Kemp in Georgia actually suspended the state gas tax to help with prices for the consumer.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:41 PM

770 posts, read 837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Ballot counts have been consistently released around 8:00pm. LOL
The ****ery is obvious so pathetic they are barely counting 60000 ballots a day.

Old 11-11-2022, 02:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
The ****ery is obvious so pathetic they are barely counting 60000 ballots a day.
Why not jump to the more reasonable explanation first, before going off the rails with the paranoid nonsense? The poster above explained very eloquently why it takes a long time to manually count ballots. It’s really not that confusing.

Old 11-11-2022, 02:04 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
I never said anything about a conspiracy. Just wondering if you are Katie Hobbs?
LOL, right. The fact that that’s where your mind goes when someone combats nonsense with factual information says everything.

Yes, I’m Katie Hobbs. /s

People really need to get a grip.

Old 11-11-2022, 02:12 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
[/b]

Not entirely true. Governor Kemp in Georgia actually suspended the state gas tax to help with prices for the consumer.
That's true. That's probably about it, though.

Old 11-11-2022, 04:43 PM

189 posts, read 196,318 times
Quote:
All the in person ballots were counted on election night. The problem is 290k Maricopa residents dropped off ballots on election day, and tens of thousands more mailed theirs in the last few days before Tuesday. And since all of those have to be individually signature verified, which is a painstaking process, they can't just be tabulated immediately.

If there was no mail voting, which Arizonans love, then it certainly would be quicker. Perhaps moving up the deadline to mail or drop off your ballot might be something to look into in the future so election officials can get an earlier head start, but the legislature would need to change the law.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:46 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
It's my position I brought up, HOWEVER, it doesn't make sense to vote for Katie Hobbs such as yourself.
You told us you were done...twice.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:53 AM

25,708 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
This ^^^

Florida hasn't counted everything yet. The races were just so lopsided that they were able to confidently project the outcomes early. Fla. has around 10% left to count as of tonight. AZ has around 15%.
As of this morning (Saturday, nov 12th) Florida had counted 95% & AZ counted only 83%.

Florida has 3 times the population as AZ, so AZ has some issues they need to clean up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona