Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 11:18 PM

9 posts, read 36,910 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Any 411 on Peoria? Good place to raise a family? Private schools any good?
Planning to move to Vistancia but still undecided. Need to collect as much info as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
North parts of Peoria are very nice. I hear the public schools are good. Where will you be working? Vistancia is very far from phx, if you have to work there.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
If you have kids in elementary school, the new one just opened in Vistancia this year. It has been receiving very good reviews from the parents. The high school (Sunrise Mountain) is good and we have been pleased so far. We love living in Vistancia but I agree with the other poster, if you are working in Phoenix or Tempe, try to find something closer. My husband made the drive to Tempe for 2 years and finally threw in the towel. The traffic is a nightmare during the rush hour.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks!
The job is in Goodyear and using mapquest it shouldn't be too bad right?
We have friends in Scottsdale, would the drive be bad to go visit them?
We live in LA now and it takes me almost 2 hours driving home.(Beverly Hills to pasadena - no traffic 30min!) Would it be as bad to drive to phoenix during rush?

Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Mapquest sucks! For distance it's fine, but for estimates of time in rush hour, forget it! No it won't be 2 hours, but it will still be a drive!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:42 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myh2obaby View Post
Thanks!
The job is in Goodyear and using mapquest it shouldn't be too bad right?
We have friends in Scottsdale, would the drive be bad to go visit them?
We live in LA now and it takes me almost 2 hours driving home.(Beverly Hills to pasadena - no traffic 30min!) Would it be as bad to drive to phoenix during rush?
It takes about 30-40 minutes to get from Goodyear to Vistancia depending on where you are going to/coming from. But why not live in Goodyear if your job is there? Vistancia has nothing on Estrella Mountain Ranch if you are looking for master planned places with community amenities. There are also a gazillion new homes in the master planned Canyon Trails area of Goodyear that are priced from less than 200K (and up, of course). Goodyear is also much more convenient to Phoenix things than Vistancia, though the drive to Scottsdale will be a challenge. Another option is Verrado in Buckeye - maybe 15 minutes away from Goodyear.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM

82 posts, read 280,898 times
If it were my choice, I wouldn't live in Goodyear, Avondale, or Buckeye but I have never liked that area of the valley. In my opinion, the NW valley is nicer than the SW valley. Notice that I said opinion...others are entitled their own opinions.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 PM

148 posts, read 848,250 times
Default Another vote for the NW valley

I agree with Sugarlips about living in the NW valley. There are some nice neighborhoods up here such as Sierra Verde in Glendale and Fletcher Heights in Peoria (the two I have lived in). I used to commute to Litchfield Park and it only took me 22-25 minutes with no stop and go because you are going against rush hour. My second choice would be the Litchfield Park area but I do prefer the NW valley. YOu also would be closer to your friends in Scottsdale living in the NW valley if they are in the northern part of Scottsdale. The NW valley is a little more expensive than Goodyear/Litchfield Park but worth it in my opinion.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Default thanks

Thank you all for all the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona