Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 AM

269 posts, read 1,257,896 times

Advertisements

I already told Petrix I am not a realtor and if you the read posts of Pettrix you will see 90% of them are negative, some people seem to lack vision and objectivity. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong but did you ever know anyone who lost money buying land? There are many,many people who have made a fortune buying land and if you read their books they almost all say to buy land within and hour of a growing metropolis and wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlexisnexis View Post
I already told Petrix I am not a realtor and if you the read posts of Pettrix you will see 90% of them are negative, some people seem to lack vision and objectivity. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong but did you ever know anyone who lost money buying land? There are many,many people who have made a fortune buying land and if you read their books they almost all say to buy land within and hour of a growing metropolis and wait.
Yes, I do know of MANY people who have bought land and lost EVERYTHING. Right now, 60% of those who bought vacant land using an ARM in Arizona have LOST EVERYTHING. They have been foreclosed on! How do I know? It was on the FRONT PAGE of the USA Today a couple of weeks ago, it is in the Arizona Republic, Freddie Mac, real estate appraisers, etc.

WHY??

Well, there are many reasons. First there was a panicked over-priced selling and buying in Arizona (also other states) but AZ got hit hard. Right now, there is so many vacant land parcels for sale, that the INVENTORY is creeping up to triple what it was 3 years ago!! Prices are dropping and still nothing is selling. People have LOST money on land! It will take 5-10 years for Prescott to get back to normal.

I am not lacking vision & objectivity. I am a careful investor. There is NO WAY that you can tell me Ash Fork is a better market than Prescott. Prescott is 100,000x better than Ash Fork in both economy, jobs, location, housing, value, roads, infrastructure, etc, etc.

Ash Fork, a town with one store, a run down gas station, in a town full of illegals, meth heads, militants, loaners, etc. A water hauling, no CC&Rs, mobiles, 12 roosters, 15 broken down cars, 20 refrigerators, 10 stoves, all in peoples back yards. No enforcement, no police department, no hospital, no real store, no infrastructure, no real jobs, no money, etc, etc.

If it was so great, there are investors that I know that have MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to play with. NOT ONE, is even remotely interested in Ash Fork. It is only those who dream of making it big, with little money to invest ($2K-$3K per acre), who are holding out & waiting for it to make it.

Like I said, maybe 20 tons of TNT and someone without $300 million dollars, buying the entire area, kicking everyone out, blasting the town to bits, starting from scratch. Then it might have a chance.

Do you think all of those militants, militia men, etc., who live in Ash Fork are going to do what the government wants them to do? NO WAY!! That is why they live there. To escape everything and everyone. You will have bloodshed and death before they will comply. IF they want to park 5 broken down cars, they do it, if they want to store broken down appliances in their yard, they do it. Good luck knocking on their door. You will get shot.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:32 PM

Yes, I do know of MANY people who have bought land and lost EVERYTHING. Right now, 60% of those who bought vacant land using an ARM in Arizona have LOST EVERYTHING. They have been foreclosed on! How do I know? It was on the FRONT PAGE of the USA Today a couple of weeks ago, it is in the Arizona Republic, Freddie Mac, real estate appraisers, etc.

Petrix,if you were more positive and objective,your words might carry more weight but almost all your posts are negative and where are the articles about people losing money in raw land not homes raw land
When did I ever say Prescott was better than Ashfork? They are 2 different markets but like the stock market do you want 1 share of Google or for the same amount of money 150 shares of Microsoft?
You can buy 1 single lot in Prescott for $200,000 or for the same money get 100+ acres in Ash Fork with the same mild 4 season climate as Precott.If the price of land goes up $1000. an acre you have doubled your money in Ashfork to the toon of 100,000 profit but you have only made a $1000. profit in Prescott.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 33,644 times
Thanks for the info. on Ashfork - I'll just hold onto my land and hope for the best. I sure like the weather there.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 AM

The weather is better in Ash Fork and N AZ than 90% of the USA,this area will do fine,hold onto your bootstraps and enjoy the ride.

Richard

Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,361 times
I own land in Ashfork and purchased it as an investment. How long do you think it will take to appreciate? I heard about the theme park in Williams, but from what I'm reading and have heard, its still a pipe dream and Mike Morgan is now non-existent.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Ashfork a boomtown. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

You people are silly.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Ashfork a boomtown. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

You people are silly.
That is what I have been saying all along....

Maybe 50 years from now, it might be different, even then, I still see Ashfork being the same Ashfork.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubbasgirl View Post
I own land in Ashfork and purchased it as an investment. How long do you think it will take to appreciate? I heard about the theme park in Williams, but from what I'm reading and have heard, its still a pipe dream and Mike Morgan is now non-existent.
The theme park is slowly going away. If it happens, it will be 1/10th the size of what it was supposed to be. Theme parks are closing down in a lot of cities. I believe Denver Six Flags went belly-up. So, investors are in no hurry to build parks.

As far as "appreciation". Right now, values have dropped in Ash Fork and throughout Arizona and the nation. Phoenix is getting destroyed » A Preview of Housing Armageddon? - Housing Doom

This is BAD NEWS. E-Loans just announced 500 people losing their jobs, Washington Mutual is being shut-down by the government for illegal activities regarding loans and appraisers, etc, etc. Countrywide might go BANKRUPT. Housing & land values have fallen 5%-35% depending on where you live. This amount will increase next year. Right now, in Ash Fork, you can get an acre of land for around $1,500

It will take, IMHO, 3-5 years to get back to "normal". During that time values of land will continue depreciating, especially in rural remote areas like Ash Fork. Even Prescott is taking a hit, and that is high-end retirement town. It's gonna get uglier.... I think it might even be as bad as it was in the early 70's. That was a disaster in the housing market.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 AM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
Talking Water

QUOTE:
It is a real PIA. Also, it is a real property value killer. SHOW ME, one thriving town that has this setup? Prescott, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Chino Valley?? NOPE. None of them have this setup. That is ONE reason of MANY why Ash Fork is Ash Fork...

I live in Chino and we do have this type of setup for water. There are homes built on or in the mountains and they do have to haul their own water. Digging a well at that high altitude is NOT an option. The private well which provides this service is on RD3 going West. Private well. You have to pay. https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...ilies/cool.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona