Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,636 times

Advertisements

whereabouts will you be building . my buddy lives on Picacho road and his neighbor built a house without permits . not sure if he put in a septic or not .the power company (APS) did not even put a pole near him and he had no power . the original owner sold out and i have not observed any power to the place yet . so it looks as if they won't tear anything down.
if you start something and leave for a while the **** heads will destroy it . right now a neighbor from across the road left a small travel trail on his property and i check it every day . they might be building around March or thereabouts . hope you have good luck with your structure .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 AM

22 posts, read 50,646 times
Thanks! I have a couple of lots, but one is in the very top of KEW off of Cedar. They would really have to want to get to it, but it sucks that people wreck stuff. What about finished homes? Are there a lot of break ins, or do they just hit abandoned stuff? I saw a destroyed trailer, and a random shack with an open door on the hill last time I was there.

Would barbed wire and a gate make a difference, or would that be more of an invitation? How brazen are they?

I want to live in my home full time, and a septic system and permits don't scare me off...I am just trying to push the limits of what I can do without them. I will build a couple of 120 foot small structures, and see where it goes from there. Feel free to check them for damage, too...

Old 02-22-2012, 03:32 PM

17 posts, read 41,210 times
I', moving to Ash Fork in about 2 months. We are buying a place on Arizona rd. It needs work, but I will just do one thing at a time. My wife and I are tired of where we have lived for 40+ years. I will need advice and it sounds like I'll get it by what's posted here.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Maher View Post
I', moving to Ash Fork in about 2 months. We are buying a place on Arizona rd. It needs work, but I will just do one thing at a time. My wife and I are tired of where we have lived for 40+ years. I will need advice and it sounds like I'll get it by what's posted here.
i believe that Arizona road is two-three miles West from Ash Fork . that means you will have to haul your own water .

Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Thanks, the owner is leaving one for us. Here I mow a lawn every week. So it's just changing one chore for another. I need to learn some more about solar and wind power. I have been a country person my whole life and don't mind being busy. I like being independent, but I am always willing to help others. I am lucky to have a wife who understands.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 PM

being an independant person is a big plus when you live out here . i'm sure when you get here you will find a lot of neighbors willing to share with you .
i live north from Ash Fork and we have power and phone service . not sure about where you will be located at . has been a few years since i was down that way but what i remember is that it was a nice area .if you need any assistance just get a hold of me .

Old 02-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the offer. We will be there by mid April and I'll get in touch. It would be nice to meet someone new.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM

Zonie5, where do people take their garbage or is there pick-up available?

Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 PM

there is a company or two that pick up . they are a bit pricey though . up until today i had been burning mine or bury it on my property .
today i took a bag of pop cans to town library library . took five bags of garbage up to Williams transfer station and paid $3.58 to dump it .

Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM

forgot about another land fill nearby . at one time Seligman had a landfill . have not heard if it still is operational . Seligman is another town about 22 miles West from Ash Fork . it is a bit bigger and has a couple good restaurants there .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona