Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 PM

509 posts, read 1,697,714 times

Advertisements

i have lived in Ash Fork area since 1993 . i find it amusing to read the many responses by individuals who have no knowldge of what they write of . the town does have piped in water , cable service and natural gas lines are here too . since i live 5 miles North of Ash Fork in a subdvion called Kaibab Estaes West and haul my own water . out here we have no sewers , no paved roads ,no street lights . law enforcment is by county Sherriff that is slow at times to respond . for that reason most of us carry firearms and have thm handy in our homes . for that reason the crime here is very minimal .
then there are times i look out the door and find cattle in my yard or on my deck . Arizona is "open range" state . that means if i don't want cattle on my property i have to put up a fence to keep them out .
if any iterested parties want to buy a house then have one for sale . reason for the sale is that i met a lady from Texas and plan to move there .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 43,867 times
Default Ashfork property for sale

I have been interested in buying a parcel in the Ashfork area. Can you tell me what you have or can I call you? You can also reach me at: 626-454-0347. Please ask for Paul.

If anyone else has a parcel or home in the area, I would be interested in looking at what you have to offer. Please call the above number.

HAS ANYONE DRILLED FOR WATER IN THE ASHFORK AREA IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS?

Old 08-31-2008, 06:28 PM

not sure if anybody has tried to drill for water lately . do hear all sorts of attempts at it , but without success .
you can look at my house on the net at www.countrylifeaz.com (broken link) . look for listings and i think mine has a heading of " a piece of heaven" . pretty well describes my house and and property .

Old 08-31-2008, 09:31 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,657 times
Ashfork is small, rustic, lacks water, lacks shopping or services other than the bare necessities, and is basically for those folks who really want to live off the grid. There are a lot of illegals living in the area and a lot of problems with drugs (I work for the sheriff's office so I'm familiar), partly because it is on I-40, which is the drug route of the nation. Is Ash Fork ever going to boom? Highly doubtful. There is nothing there to "boom" for. It's too far (at today's gas prices) for a person to commute to work and it really offers no way to make a living there in town.

But, I know people who live there and love it...they don't mind the lack of water, the lack of shopping and medical care...they like the closeness of the community and the fact that they DO live off the grid and away from the hustle of "big city life". It really is not a place for most folks...teenagers hate it as there is nothing to do and teen crime is extremely high in that area...but some retirees and people who like their space find it heaven, I suppose.

Never, ever buy land or property in a town anywhere without checking it out first in person.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM

living off the grid ? define the term . there are two areas that constitute most of Ash Forks residents . on North side of I-40 is KEW (Kaibab Estates West) . has power , phones service and everything neede . on South side of I-40 is Juniper Woods . there they have no power or phones . most residents there use generators or solar . they might not have ameneties of a big city , they are happy . there is no need for you to be critical of Ash Fork , you come across like somebody with a axe to grind along wth a bad attitude . in KEW we have mostly retirees who are willing to pay he price of peace ad quiet from a bigger town . if you are with the Sheriffs departmen then i wonder why you are so animostic . the deputies i have encountered have been very profesional in carrying out their duties .

Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
there is no need for you to be critical of Ash Fork , you come across like somebody with a axe to grind along wth a bad attitude . .
I read the same post and found nothing they said to be "critical" or mean in any way. Remember, with the internet, you can't read into posts, it always comes across incorrectly.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfork View Post
HAS ANYONE DRILLED FOR WATER IN THE ASHFORK AREA IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS?
The hydrologist list the average water table at around 1,400+ feet below ground level or even deeper. The Sears Tower is 1,354 feet, so that gives you an idea how deep the water is. They would encounter granite and other forms of bedrock which would make drilling expensive and difficult. Plus, the pumps needed to bring the water up 1,400 feet, would be costly upfront and long term, as the electricity they would use to pump water 1,400 feet would get ridiculous.

All-in-all, the costs would be around $35K or more. With no guarantee if and what you will find. Sometimes you will find NOTHING, even after 1,400+ feet. Spending $35K and not finding water is something most people don't want to do.

Can it be done? Sure, if you have the money. Don't expect a return on investment. It must be a labor of love. That is why everyone hauls their water and they have above ground water holding tanks.

Drive 45 minutes south to Paulden and you will find water at only 200' deep. It sits atop the Big Chino Aquifer. Chino Valley areas tap water as shallow at 50' below or even lower.

Remember, the main source of life, is always going to be WATER. Without it, the town and the people die.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM

995 posts, read 783,847 times
Great Thread!! I know one thing, there is some slow A$$ drivers in here.
it takes about 25 min. to drive from Ash fork to Paulden.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM

995 posts, read 783,847 times
[quote=exlexisnexis;683864]Hi there, Petrix and I went back and forth on this on a previous posting labeled land in Az,here is a cut and past from that discussion.
Petrixx does not like Ash Fork but I think it is a great area to invest,Williams which is a few minutes away has worse water problems and is booming.

Location and water Ashfork has both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 miles west of Flagstaff 2 hours from Sedona

50 miles north of Prescott 1.5 hours from Grand Canyon

18 miles west of Williams 2.5 hours from Laughlin

3 hours from Phoenix 3.5 hours from Las Vegas

You forgot My favorite, Less than 3 hours from Lake Powell

Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM

8 posts, read 43,867 times
LBEAR, Thanks for your input. You mentioned the "The hydrologist" in your last post. Can you tell me who or what that is and where do they get there information? How do you know the water levels in Paulden and Chino Valley? Can you share where you get your information about that? Also, in my search for where to find water in the North Prescott/ Ashfork areas I have also heard that the Paulden/Chino Valley water has a high level of Arsenic in the water, 50 parts per billion which is high per govt. standards. In your research have you found any truth to this? Thanks again for your help in input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona