Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM

64 posts, read 377,001 times

Advertisements

Pine Bluff was also rated as the second least secure city in the country by Sperling's BestPlaces. This study rated cities based on crime statistics, extreme weather, terrorist threats, job loss numbers, life expectancy, environmental hazards, and air quality. Memphis was rated as the least secure city in the country, while Corvallis, Oregon was rated as most secure. Pine Bluff also scores poorly in many other studies by Sperling's, such as Most Stressful Cities and Worst Places for Crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Amazing that an isolated city less than 50,000 can have such problems. A lot of people who work in Pine Bluff live closer to or in Little Rock because there is simply nothing attractive about Pine Bluff. As one of the posters above said, if you are dead set on the Delta, look into Jonesboro. I heard from somebody that it is the only town in the delta region that is actually prosperous.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,928 times
As a Pine Bluff native, who doesn't live there anymore, I'll say this and it's been said in previous posts; the areas around PB is not bad at all but still maintain the lower housing prices. Living inside PB is not recommended. But, your husband will be able to work at the prison and you live in Watson Chapel or White Hall and life will be great.
The deer hunting in Cleveland County just south of PB is great. You're close to some of the best duck hunting in the world! Lake Pine Bluff and the Arkansas River slack water area has some of the largest bass and catfish in the state. So.....don't let all these PB haters disuade you. Yes.......PB can be a rough town if you live down on Harding street but the outside areas can make for some good country living if that's what you want.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
I haven't found any of the negative infomration on Pine Bluff that is given in these posts, but on Wikipedia [mod] any Wiki reference must contain the following info per markablue, senior moderator - sorry folks, either make a link or don't quote Wiki -they make it very difficult:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia's license, the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) requires that any derivative of works from Wikipedia must be released under that same license, must state that it is released under that license, and reproduce a complete copy of the license in all copies of the work, and must acknowledge the main authors.

In other words, any quote from Wiki should contain the above links plus the link to Wiki page.

I know I posted this in another thread, so for those who've already read this, I apologize but I have to wonder what the people who are so down on Pine Bluff think of this information.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-05-2008 at 03:57 AM..

Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I haven't found any of the negative infomration on Pine Bluff that is given in these posts, but on Wikipedia it says, "Moderator cut: no wiki quotes...please...links only
I know I posted this in another thread, so for those who've already read this, I apologize but I have to wonder what the people who are so down on Pine Bluff think of this information.
You can't believe everything you see on Wikipedia. I hightly doubt Hot Springs is the 13th most dangerous metropolitan area. I can DEFINATELY believe Pine Bluff is.

EDIT: I see Pine Bluff is 3rd most dangerous on that list. Its surprising to see Hot Springs on there, its not generally seen as a high crime area.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-13-2008 at 06:08 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
TWB

21 posts, read 85,289 times
It's been awhile since I've been to Pine Bluff. But, most Arkansans believe that PB is the armpit of the state. There are many other much nicer places to live in Arkansas.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 PM

14 posts, read 30,384 times
Pine Bluff? Why not Stuttgart Ark.? You'll have lots of felons there too.., at the state penitentiary. They even pick peas for the gov.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:03 AM

23 posts, read 117,589 times
Well after a few months now of people answering my original question, I am even more lost heh. I haven't a clue of where would be the best place, best suited for my husband and my needs/wants. About all I have manage to gather from all this is that western/central western Arkansas or north/ north western Arkansas areas are more of what we might like. Still dying to get out of Montana and still craving to move to Arkansas. I hope you all keep popping in with suggestions though, as I read them all and check them out. Thanks for all the imput and feel free to add some more

Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,632 times
Hi, I just inheritated a small cottage on Pine Place, I am from Canada, I don't know anything about Pine Bluff, but after reading some of the comments I am mot so sure if I would like to spend some vacation time there. Should I give it a chance or just try selling the place and forget about it.
Thank You

Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 15,164 times
Smile Its not that Bad!!!!!

Pine Bluff has really changed. The crime rate is going down. I work in Pine Bluff and have never had any proablems. If your husband is looking to work in the prison system, Pine Bluff is the place. Dont get me wronge, Pine Bluff has its bad spots. But many people in here have made this place sound much worse then it really is. I worked for 4 years in the prison system. The pay is good for the area. There are 4 prisons in Jefferson County and the County S.O. just built a really big new jail downtown. Living in Jefferson County is cheap. If you have kids, look for a place in the White Hall, Woodlawn, Watson Chapel, or Sheridan School Districts. These areas have little to no crime, and are really close to Pine Bluff. The housing market is good here and new homes start at $85,000 and go up. Also there are two large prisons in Lincoln County. The best place around there is Star City. The Star City Schools are also good.

Best of Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas