Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,226 times

Advertisements

Pine Bluff sucks big time It is a crime infested undesirable place to live. Once you get here you are stuck that is why so many live here. You cant get out jos suck the unemployment office and food stamp office looks down their noses at you simply because they are sitting on their fat emplyed azzes and think you are total trash for BOTHERING them. If you want to be unemployed and broke in a hell hole where we have the nickname LITTLE CHICAGO because of the raping murdering pediphiles then PINE BLUFF is the place for you. If not get a clue and scadooooooo. I drove a truck for many years and I have been all over the US and I was forced to come back here when my mom died and had no one to take care of the rest of hte family here. If your hubby is a c/o then I would also like to tell you that C/os here only make 26k a year. Please for God's sake and your own DONT COME TO PINE BLUFF try cabot, jacksonville. DONT GO NORTH lived there too way to expensive!!!!!!!! You have to live like the TRUMPS to get anywhere and if you are not home grown from there you are an outsider. Also in Pine Bluff the fishing used to FANTASTIC but the papermill and the railroad and hte corp of engineers have taken all the good spots and locked them to the public. The only public access is lake Pine bluff now called sacrane lake which was drained and refilled by rainwater because of hte pollutants and chemicals dumped in there from werehouser and the mill and railraod. IN SHORT IF YOU VALUE ANYTHING FOR YOUR FAMILY STAY AWAY FROM THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA ALSO KNOWN AS ARKANSAS i have lived here all my life and I know it is NOT FIT FOR HUMANS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 03:41 PM

23 posts, read 117,589 times
Default wow

that's a strong opinion stated there heh

Old 07-14-2009, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,151 times
Default Don't move to pine bluff!!!

Oh my GOD!!! how could you even consider it? THE highest crime rate per capita in THE USA!!! you are more likely to be a victim of a violent crime in Pine Bluff, Arkansas than in any other place in the USA!!!!

If your husband is a CO, don't go to PB. Starting pay SUX because it's minimim security. In order to actually make any kind of money you need to goto Max or Supermax......and the inmates are young, dumb, illiterate, buckwild...don't give a d*mn about busting you in the mouth or throwing you off the 3rd tier..... Don't do it...... and get a better job for GODS sake. I've been a CO for a while and I've seen some terrible stuff..... one thing you may consider is this ---- the cost of living is in fact so cheap beacuse no one wants to live here, no one has a job, no one is buying the big beautiful homes that would be 2 or 3 million bucks if you could dig them up and move them to somewhere that has a future, and no one cares about anyone or anything because they're too wrapped up in when is the government check coming or the new shipment of dope or "why is you got 24's on dat ride?? the 28's came out last week!! you behind the times fool!!"

fake jewerly, pawn shops, liqua' sto's, dollar sto's, payday lenders, fly by night junk car lots, pimps, Dollarway Road prostitutes, some of THE worst schools in the USA, .......is that where you really want to move???

I'll sell you a really nice 3bdr, 2 bth on a nice corner lot!!! I HATE IT HERE!!!

I'd like to move Calico Rock or Malvern or Hot Springs .. I crave mountains and water.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 8,151 times
Default Don't move to pine bluff!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,257 times
He does have a point about house prices. I have been checking the area for a house and found a huge, beautiful house that would sell for at least $300 anywhere else in Arkansas that was listed at $80K in Pine Bluff.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:35 AM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
I haven't been to Pine Bluff in a few years,and only then was I just passing through. Every time I've been I've seen enough to know they aren't just blowing smoke about how bad it is. It
s truly sad IMO.

Pine Bluff used to get several good concerts a year at the Convention center,but I'm not sure I'd even go over there for one of them.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
A job in Pine Bluff is better than no job somewhere else.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM

163 posts, read 616,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
A job in Pine Bluff is better than no job somewhere else.
No, it's not. It is a quality of life issue. Why work in a place where the local gangstas are waiting on the street corner to take your life for $20.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 8,104 times
really don't go there Pine Bluff has basically 115 crimes per square mile and the national average is less than 50

Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 PM

14 posts, read 32,255 times
Try Bella Vista/ Bentonville we moved here from Hawaii and other than my issues looking for a job recently I wouldnt live any place else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas