Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM

23 posts, read 117,634 times

Advertisements

Would appreciate comments on the Pine Bluff area as that is where my husband and I are considering relocating too. How is the fishing and hunting in that area? easy to access or not? How is the crime in that area? safe or not? What is life like in Pine Bluff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Why are you relocating to Pine Bluff?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
Pine Bluff is a hideous, crime-infested hellhole. And those are its good qualities.

Best wishes.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Seriously, Pine Bluff is considered the worst place in Arkansas to live.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:03 AM

23 posts, read 117,634 times
As to why chose Pine Bluff..
We are trying to find a place in Arkansas we can move to over the internet. This is hard to do without actually being there because we are not familiar with any of Arkansas. While doing internet searches the housing costs there were the cheapest I found that might be obtainable by us. We are not rich people, quite the opposite. My husband works as a correctional officer here in Montana and we are hoping he can transfer his job to a prison there. We need to find a place that is within commute distance for work. We are desperate to get out of Montana, we hate it here. Finances are rough for us and when we make this move it will be with little to spare. We cannot afford to move to an expensive area. Any ideas or input would be appreciated as I am at my wits end trying to figure out what to do anymore.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM

490 posts, read 1,266,868 times
There are four or five correctional facilities within 60-70 miles from Pine Bluff. Check out the ADC website below and you can see the actual locations. Pine Bluff is not a very good place to live but there are some smaller communities nearby that would be fine. Most of eastern Arkansas is rural farmland but that may be what you are looking for. I am not a hunter so I cannot help you much there. I lived in eastern Arkansas for 5 years back in the 80's and a lot of the people I knew were rabid duck hunters and most of them went deer hunting also. I do know there is some good fishing nearby as I did a lot of that. Good luck.

Arkansas Department of Correction | Facilities (http://www.arkansas.gov/doc/facilities.html - broken link)

Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM

157 posts, read 854,713 times
In the past, Pine Bluff has been nationally rated as the country's most dangerous city
Enough said.

Plenty of good towns elsewhere, and hunting and fishing is plentiful

Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 PM

157 posts, read 854,713 times
Try Searcy, it's a clean, affordable small town, farther up in Arkansas and close to all sorts of outdoor stuff

Old 11-15-2007, 08:47 AM

3 posts, read 17,217 times
Sheridan is closeby, and has excellent places for hunting. Lots of land that is leased for hunters. I think that the housing prices are reasonable, and the people are really nice. I doubt that the crime rate is comparable at all to Pine Bluff. You could also check out White Hall. Not sure about the cost of living - it's probably higher than Pine Bluff. Also Redfield. Very small community, but good for someone who is looking for "country living" near the Pine Bluff area.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 PM

564 posts, read 2,342,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnisledLady View Post
As to why chose Pine Bluff..
We are trying to find a place in Arkansas we can move to over the internet. This is hard to do without actually being there because we are not familiar with any of Arkansas. While doing internet searches the housing costs there were the cheapest I found that might be obtainable by us. We are not rich people, quite the opposite. My husband works as a correctional officer here in Montana and we are hoping he can transfer his job to a prison there. We need to find a place that is within commute distance for work. We are desperate to get out of Montana, we hate it here. Finances are rough for us and when we make this move it will be with little to spare. We cannot afford to move to an expensive area. Any ideas or input would be appreciated as I am at my wits end trying to figure out what to do anymore.
Avoid, avoid, avoid.

That's not overreacting, either. It's really that bad. I have no bias, I just know facts. The reason that houses are so cheap is because no one wants to live there. If you want to do it bad enough, you will, but bring a gun and a vest.

You hate it in Montana? Ever heard the old saying, "jumping from the frying pan into the fire?" Yeah, it's gonna get hot real soon if you do this move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas