Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,266 times

Advertisements

Eldorado- any child that graduates from high school there will have their college tuition paid for by Murphy Oil. Check it out it is true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,748 times
Does anyone know about Warren, Dumas, Crossett, Monticello, Pine Bluff???
My fiance got a job in Foresty near Monitcello, and we would like a place that is kind of between there and a larger city, so I could possilby work in my field of Graphic Design. Thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM

157 posts, read 854,933 times
El Dorado if college funding is a factor as mentioned above,
otherwise, I'd choose Texarkana LOL,
the small towns really don't offer much

Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

4 posts, read 14,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
Well, personally I would never go that far south, because, well.. I am a wimp. Bugs, southerners, and heat aren't my thing (Yes, I am a Yankee).

But if I HAD to pick one of them, I'd go with Magnolia. El Dorado to me is considered the armpit of Arkansas.

Just my thoughts, hope I didn't offend anyone.
I Live In ElDorado And its worse than the armpit,the reason is because of the city and county goverment,All they can do is tax and spend.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,282 times
I live near those towns, and I believe Magnolia would be the best choice.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 14,373 times
The school system and local leaders cover up a lot of the crime that happens in the school. For example, just this past Friday at the close of the day at the El Dorado High School two young black boys were going to fight when one pulled a gun and told the other not to mess with him. If it had not been for one of the assistant coaches it could have really gotten ugly. What El Dorado really needs is to get rid of all the old leaders and elect new ones, then maybe El Dorado would be a city a person would be proud to live in and the town might have a chance to grow.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:53 PM

4 posts, read 16,928 times
My wife and I currently live in Euless, TX, neither of us are native to Texas moving from St. Louis and Ft. Myers, FL (by way of Denver) respectively to attend college here. My wife wants to move to her mother's hometown of Stamps, because she insists that TX "ain't" the south and she doesn't understand the people here. I tend to agree that TX is a whole nother country in regards to the rest of the US, but I'm troubled by the fact that I'm degreed in computer systems management and see little opportunity for me to feed and house my family devoided of a mid to large city for job opportunities. I would consider Magnolia since my wife said that is close enough to Stamps to satisify her. My question is are there opportunities in that area?

Signed...... GOTTA LEAVE TEXAS
Need to see the Stars and the Moon....too many people too much blues.

Herman and Michelle

Old 08-18-2007, 02:20 AM

33 posts, read 135,081 times
Stay away from South Arkansas, especially El Dorado. There are no jobs.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
jcj

22 posts, read 88,248 times
ok ok, here is my input on this subject. Camden looks like its on the downfall, there is not much improvement and jobs are looking scarce. El dorado to me is nothing real special as far as the scenery goes but as long as the oil industry is going thorough, there is nothing wrong with living in el dorado. I don't know a whole lot about magnolia, but from what i do know it is a nice little big town in south ark. The people are friendly and we are defenitly southern lol. If i were you i would stay up in north ark or northwest.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:37 AM

33 posts, read 135,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcj View Post
ok ok, here is my input on this subject. Camden looks like its on the downfall, there is not much improvement and jobs are looking scarce. El dorado to me is nothing real special as far as the scenery goes but as long as the oil industry is going thorough, there is nothing wrong with living in el dorado. I don't know a whole lot about magnolia, but from what i do know it is a nice little big town in south ark. The people are friendly and we are defenitly southern lol. If i were you i would stay up in north ark or northwest.
Magnolia has lost some of it's businesses in the recent past. The only thing keeping that town alive is the 4-year college which is pretty respectable, I'll have to admit. But again, it's declining as well. Without the college that town would be a one-stop-light town. (Well, they don't have that many as there is, but you should get the picture.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas