Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:33 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbalm1985 View Post
uhmmm, what does "clean spontaneously".
Like, high salaries aren't needed. Civil servants do what they are supposed to do and keep their hands clean because they are civil servants. Of course it needs to go hand in hand with a well-functioning legal and institutional framework for fighting against corruption.

Quote:
Actually, if you were forced to migrate, would you consider Australia or western europe as your top choice?
I've actually thought about this intensely, choosing among Western Europe, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Western Europe is my favorite region as it's easier to travel around, and it'd be great to learn another language other than English. Canada is too cold in winters while Australia is too hot in summers(even hotter than here, I can't stand that). New Zealand is almost perfect, except that it's too remote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 06:36 AM

653 posts, read 743,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I didnt go parliament nor the funeral service , just paid my tributes at one of the 18 community tribute sites.

This is the 1st time in history Singapore is in public mourning.. Was quite an experience I would say

It was sometime that would be only once every 2- 3 generations.....

Old 03-30-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post

I've actually thought about this intensely, choosing among Western Europe, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Western Europe is my favorite region as it's easier to travel around, and it'd be great to learn another language other than English. Canada is too cold in winters while Australia is too hot in summers(even hotter than here, I can't stand that). New Zealand is almost perfect, except that it's too remote.
But on a long-term basis? as in settle down there, live there for the rest of your lives, never return to Taiwan.....

I put those thoughts to myself and realized that i couldn't do it at all. For better or worse, i am staying in Singapore.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,826,274 times
Quote:
Like, high salaries aren't needed. Civil servants do what they are supposed to do and keep their hands clean because they are civil servants. Of course it needs to go hand in hand with a well-functioning legal and institutional framework for fighting against corruption.

I think the SIngapore gov needs to do more to keep true blue Singaporeans like me satisfied .. Resentment among the public has grown a bit.. Remember last yr 4 teenagers painted graffiti on a HDB rooftop in toa payoh.. Old man was caught for vandalizing at a bus stop asking gov to return his CPF money

Old 03-30-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
But on a long-term basis? as in settle down there, live there for the rest of your lives, never return to Taiwan.....

I put those thoughts to myself and realized that i couldn't do it at all. For better or worse, i am staying in Singapore.
Never return? Well I'd have to have an experience of living abroad before I make that decision.

I'm doing that soon though, like in August or something.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
It was sometime that would be only once every 2- 3 generations.....
Nah never say too early.. Who knows an sia plane may do a mh370 or terrosit may do a Singapore 9-11 at sgx building etc. or UOB building or a bridge collapse etc

SIngapore is pretty safe from natural disasters, but disasters exists in other forms too

Last edited by singaporelady; 03-30-2015 at 06:51 AM..

Old 03-30-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I think the SIngapore gov needs to do more to keep true blue Singaporeans like me satisfied .. Resentment among the public has grown a bit.. Remember last yr 4 teenagers painted graffiti on a HDB rooftop in tow payoh.. Old man was caught for vandalizing at a bus stop asking gov to return his CPF money
Honestly I wouldn't mind those things at all(I mean graffiti and vandalizing a bus stop), but I'm not Singaporean so...:shrug:

Old 03-30-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:

If I had lots of money, I am staying here in Singapore forever too. What is pushing me away is the demands at work and high cost of living which is getting unbearable

Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 AM

If I had a free choice to migrate to a destination of my choice .. I think I wanna go US..

Old 03-30-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Never return? Well I'd have to have an experience of living abroad before I make that decision.

I'm doing that soon though, like in August or something.
Where are you going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia