Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 08:42 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Indonesia will likely be the first country in the region to have High Speed Rail, Honey. Can I say Indonesia has the most advance transportation system in the region? Of course not lah. You have to see the whole picture.

To add, in this era of modernity, it's not Shinkansen/HSR that gives you the feel of the future. It's hyperloop project like the one in UAE, that will have max speed of 1,200 km per hour, heck that's even faster than airplane.

Why so mad lah? How long does Philippine have? 200km? 300km? or still around 100s km?

LRT1 = 15 km
LRT-1 information | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines

LRT 2 = 13.8 km
LRT-2 information | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines

MRT3 = 16.9 km
https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/s...3-information/

Now add your PNR length! Coz I can't find any official data about it.
Thats old info for LRT1. It’s 20 km now because they extended and added 2 stations. They’re adding another station this year. This line is supposed to start a 12 km extension project this year but it wont be open for another few years

The LRT 2 info is correct, but the 4 km extension will be finished in a few months. So this line will be 18 km

PNR commuter train is 56 km. This used to be much longer (1000 km) now they’re finally planning to extend it again.

So right now, the Philippines has 107 km of rail. By the end of this year (hopefully), that should be going up to 134 km, with the new MRT7 line and the extension of LRT2

The rail in the Philippines is very modest but im glad they’re finally pushing through with all these improvements

Last edited by manolopo; 01-23-2019 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM

400 posts, read 238,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
And do you have already extensive hyperloop system in the world that we can behold? We do the actual visualization of realistic assessment not the thing of the future.
Who says Indonesia has one? You are funny. Did you just bang your head or something?

Old 01-23-2019, 09:23 AM

400 posts, read 238,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
And that makes it 70kms? Why would I be mad? I just hate people who cant even provide facts and then start a condescending remark. Be factual, or at least admit you're wrong.
Just correct me like I did correct you many times with no further response ...
Instead of getting mad with no solution.

Okay, Manolopo give me data that current Philippines' railway network size is 107 km. It's still roughly half of Spore's railway network at 199.6 km.

Anyway, good luck with your ongoing project ...

Old 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
I haven't seen any objective source that ranks Jakarta as higher than Manila in overall quality of life. Jakarta might rank higher on certain aspects (like trains, malls, highways, food) but not in overall quality of life. There are two main organizations that rank "liveability"

The first is Economist Intelligence Unit’s global liveability index. This index "examines over 30 factors across five broad categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure"

Manila is ranked 103, while Jakarta is ranked 119. I cant find the full list for 2018, but this source mentions both Jakarta and Manila.
http://www.travelweekly-asia.com/Destination-Travel/The-world-s-most-liveable-city-The-results-are-in

Next is Mercer's Quality of Living Survey. "The quality of living survey is conducted to help governments and major companies place employees on international assignments." So while the first index I mentioned is more about quality of life for everyone in the city, this survey has more focus on quality of life for international business-people who move to a new country. It's still about overall quality of life, but it weighs factors that expats care about more heavily than the first survey

In 2018, Manila is ranked 137 while Jakarta is ranked 142
https://www.mercer.com/newsroom/2018-quality-of-living-survey.html

^That's the overall ranking in that index. They also have a sanitation index, but I cant find the list anywhere. But I can thankfully say that Manila and Jakarta aren't in the very bottom because Mercer specifically mentioned the bottom 10, and they're not on this list
https://mobilityexchange.mercer.com/...-16-155653-413

In 2016, Mercer also had a personal safety ranking. "The personal Safety Ranking is based on the following criteria: Relationship with other countries, Internal Stability, Crime and Law Enforcement"

Jakarta was 172
Manila was 182
https://www.mercer.us/newsroom/western-european-cities-top-quality-of-living-ranking-mercer.html

So Manila scored worse on that aspect of the survey.

But the Economist (the same organization that did the first index I mentioned) also had an index specifically about safety, from 2017.

Manila scored higher for safety- 54.86, while Jakarta scored 53.39. In this index, the higher score means the safer city.

I' m most skeptical about this index because obviously Manila has more crime. But this index involves more than crime. It involves "digital security, health security, infrastructure security and personal security." They also mention that weather, terrorism, and traffic accidents are also factors. So it's not all about crime. If a lot of people in your city get hit by cars, it can contribute to a worse ranking because people aren't safe in that aspect. So according to this index, Manila is an overall safer city. I'm still skeptical...
http://safecities.economist.com/safe-cities-index-2017

And if we talk about the countries as a whole, the Philippines scores higher on the Human Development Index. .699 for HDI and .574 when adjusted for inequality. Indonesia scored slightly lower and .694 for HDI and .563 for IHDI. I know a lot of people dont care about HDI because it has factors like education and gender equality, but there are so many other factors involved and you can compare both countries here:
http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries/profiles/IDN
http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries/profiles/PHL

Old 01-23-2019, 03:48 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
Quote:
Who says Indonesia has one? You are funny. Did you just bang your head or something?
Did I say Indonesia have? Reading comprehension fail. Did I say Indonesia or world? Just bang your head, that way you would probably understand the sentence premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
So just promoting ur city instead both of u just pointless too much bragging about cbd, walkable
Like those are the only selling point u have in manila

For sure in Asean Thai, indo, malay, viet has recognition in world culinary

The top 10 countries for Asian food
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Filipin...m-and-Malaysia
Why Filipino Food is worst compared to other Asian Country?

Oh no need to give lesson lah, my pinoy colleague even give me sample food how sucks ur taste
Keep believing on some random uninformed and bias people. Thats what happens when ignorance hits you. Id rather believe with food experts and world renowned chefs like the late Anthony Bourdain among others not just random fail guys.

Did you see the food vlogger guy you posted, its the same guy that came to the Phils and was amazes by the variety and taste of Filipino dishes.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Just correct me like I did correct you many times with no further response ...
Instead of getting mad with no solution.

Okay, Manolopo give me data that current Philippines' railway network size is 107 km. It's still roughly half of Spore's railway network at 199.6 km.

Anyway, good luck with your ongoing project ...
Which ones you corected me without response? Tell me instead of claiming so so so. You are so fond claiming unreliable, unfounded and unestablished facts. Is it the nature of Indonesians to claim something that has not been verified fact?

The commuter rail is supposed to be longer like a lot longer as what manolopo pointed out, it just that it had been neglected for years but not for long as the govt are doing steps to revive them.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Oh tell me what the world recognize about your cuisine? dont tell me jolibee and balot,..

or in restaurant across the globe what item they will proud to presenting / cook originally from ur country?

In Asia, the world familiar with korean, japan, indo/malay, thai, india,.. rarely they know about ur food and most of them have negative feedback to your food
None of your photos you posted are considered known worldwide, I dont even know them except that laksa which I even think it is Singaporean or Malaysian dish.

Have you heard about lechon? Sisig? Adobo is even more world renowned than any of your dishes. Sinigang? Kilawin like ceviche? Halo-halo? Bicol express? Laing? Kare-kare? Lumpia? Longganisa? Tapa? Tocino and other silog meals? No one would know of course for bias people.

Many vloggers do tell and claim that Philippines has one of the best seafood and grilled cooking, one of the best in the world.

We do even have boodle fight and other food culture thats entirely dedicated to food.

Id believe if someone claims Filipino food is somehow unhealthy. But not tasty? Worst? Nah, I wont buy that. Ive been enjoying Filipino food my whole life and mind you had tasted so many cuisines around the world but nope just a big no far from being worst.

Last edited by neMarL; 01-23-2019 at 04:29 PM..

Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Can u read the title? those signature/ originaly just in Jakarta!

Rendang - Medan
Satay - Madura
Nasi Goreng always in world renowned dishes
so where ur place at? Behind indo, thai, malay, viet for sure!

There also Soto, Gado2, Tempe, Cendol across the country
even those lumpia we also have but actually originaly from China!

best seafood and grilled cooking? what make special and they claim u are numba wan like that?
any special recipe? technic to cook? originally from ur place? special presentation?
Every country in the world know how to grill and cook seafood! so u cant claim that origanlly from ur country!
It doesnt matter they are from Jakarta or not, the point is they are not well-known foods outside Indonesia. Nobody claims grilling or grilled foods originated in the Philippines. Stop your non-sense uneducated comments.

Take chicken inasal first.

Then include the grilled and roasted foods.

Check these guys comparing Filipino lechon and Balis version babi guling:

More

Ill check the vlogs foreigners saying they had the best seafood and grilled dishes here in the Phils. Coming up...

will check more...

Last edited by neMarL; 01-23-2019 at 05:13 PM..

Old 01-23-2019, 05:06 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
I also often go to Bali a lifestyle like westernized on the streets of many dogs in the mountains of many monkey.yess indeed Bali is the perfect place for foreign tourist
When compared with the philippines like Borochay it is far . Borochay have beach clean and attractive but has no facilities and lack of visitors like in Bali even in all places of interest and many tourists, if the difference in Bali tourist white people usually choose beaches, clubs, cafes, bars while korean or chinese are more choose mountains, shopping, temple on "Kuta Beachwalk Shopping " lots of east asians tourist
haha yes many monkeys Philipines are rarely tourists visiting even though there are many interesting places like Pallawan, Borochay but there are no good infrastructure and facilities unlike in Bali and other Indonesian tourist many attractions provide good facilities for visitors can you imagine how Bali attracts many foreign tourists because of low costs with lots of luxury facilities
yesterday I went to celebrate the new year in Bali too many tourists were shocked, although on the dirty beach of Kuta is still full of tourists there, yeah philipines there are some foreign tourists visiting not to enjoy philipines nature there but sex tourism so there is a city there called the city sin

some about bali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEyLkH5gg14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUwiy__6P7Y ( i think she is jakarta girl )

Old 01-23-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Of course iam posting those video about Jakarta food
The point is u posting not about Manila food

Out of topic,... and the world know the best seafood, and grilled dishes not originally from ur country
Try harder bro with those bias video hehehe ur logic are the best
Almost all Filipino foods are available in Manila lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
haha yes many monkeys Philipines are rarely tourists visiting even though there are many interesting places like Pallawan, Borochay but there are no good infrastructure and facilities unlike in Bali and other Indonesian tourist many attractions provide good facilities for visitors can you imagine how Bali attracts many foreign tourists because of low costs with lots of luxury facilities
yesterday I went to celebrate the new year in Bali too many tourists were shocked, although on the dirty beach of Kuta is still full of tourists there, yeah philipines there are some foreign tourists visiting not to enjoy philipines nature there but sex tourism so there is a city there called the city sin
Lol Pattaya is the sin city in Southeast Asia. In the Philippines it is Angeles not Boracay nor Palawan, and even at that rate Angeles is not even close to Pattaya for example or any sin city on the planet.

Also, Boracay maybe smaller island than Bali but it is equally developed in terms of tourism infrastructure. Lots of ignorance again. Palawan is more of an untainted paradise so hands down no comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia