Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingwuwang92 View Post
American women have never seen Kham Tibetan and Huns....

I think many American white women are a bit stupid. Arrogant
. If you really like white women You can go to Russia. Usually very easy to find Russian women.
I live in China, and this stupid, arrogant comment is emblematic of a lot of peoples’ stupidity and arrogance over here.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:58 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
From what I've heard (not sure if it's 100% true), Eastern European girls have become quite common in some large foreginer districts such as Itaewon(이태원) in Korea. Most of them also seek rich Chinese and Korean nationals to get married. I have a friend of mine who is married to a woman from Czech. She is taller than her husband. International marriage involving with White women is very popular now - both in Korea and China.

Ironically, you won't see that much here in North America, which is the only true melting pot in the world. Yes, I know there are a lot of interracial couples involving white women and Asian men. DFW and Atlanta come to my mind. But the ratio still seems slim compared to other races. Anyways, can't comment about Western Europe since I've never been there, but I hear it's similar to the US.
Here in China, Russia and Eastern Europe are somewhat of an enigma, because the stereotype is generally that white foreigners are wealthier and better educated than the Average local, but people from the former USSR buck that trend and are thought of as poorer and less educated than the average local.

You need a hot model for less than you’d pay a local hot model? Find a Russian or Ukrainian. Need someone who speaks good English but don’t want to pay them like an Anglo? Find a Macedonian. Want a white wife who is so stoked to be out of poverty she’ll just do whatever the hell you want and let you do whatever the hell you want? And so on and so forth.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:23 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingwuwang92 View Post
American women have never seen Kham Tibetan and Huns.....
Oh, yes they have! The Khampas are very popular with American women in the Himalayan region!

Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
I think it's cultural. I have a Taiwanese-American friend who was a former co-worker 30+ years ago. Parents were university profs. He was born in Boston and grew up in one of the high end inner suburbs. Went to an Ivy. Professional career. He always dated white women and has been married to one for many years. Culturally, he was upper middle class American so he dated upper middle class American women. An H-1B with a couple of years in the United States isn't going to have the same experience. Most people stay within their own tribe. At least in upper middle class America, your tribe has little to do with your race. It's your socioeconomic class, your education level, the interests you have & activities you do, and your worldview.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:10 PM

511 posts, read 399,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Here in China, Russia and Eastern Europe are somewhat of an enigma, because the stereotype is generally that white foreigners are wealthier and better educated than the Average local, but people from the former USSR buck that trend and are thought of as poorer and less educated than the average local.

You need a hot model for less than you’d pay a local hot model? Find a Russian or Ukrainian. Need someone who speaks good English but don’t want to pay them like an Anglo? Find a Macedonian. Want a white wife who is so stoked to be out of poverty she’ll just do whatever the hell you want and let you do whatever the hell you want?
Sure. Want them to be much older than me, too. I'm in early 20s.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:43 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,419,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I’m 34, that was my observation from guys my age. I had friends lament to me that their parents wanted them to date another Asian American girl or a significant chunk of their AA friends warning them that they were making a mistake dating a white girl. Asian-Americans, like most other Americans, are pretty likely to defy their family’s wishes to be with who they want, and wait for the family to come around. With each successive generation, traditions have less sway on dating habits... a gen-x Asian American couple whose teen- or college-aged son brings home a white girl probably isn’t going to freak out.
I was thinking something like this, also. I also live in Texas and once worked with an older Korean guy who had two sons. Not surprisingly for his age, he was pretty traditional. He told me that, for his older son, he preferred him to have this priority for potential marriage partners: (1) Korean-American, (2) Caucasian-American, and (3) Korean-born. The 1st choice was because he wanted his oldest son to marry someone who he considered "having Korean blood", but would share the same American culture as him. As for the younger son, he said he could marry whoever he liked.

I think many guys would like some variety in their dating scene, but might still feel some parental or social pressure to marry someone with the same background. I think that's common for people from any background. That said, I've known a few older couples where the guy was Asian and the gal was Caucasian. Not many, but they exist.

In more recent years, I see more East Asian guys with Caucasian women, but still not as many as the reverse. I don't think Austin is really any different from Houston or Dallas in this regard ... although the younger social scene in Austin is more concentrated in the core there, so it might be easier to see different pairings.

Last edited by madrone2k; 09-06-2018 at 05:25 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM

214 posts, read 238,166 times
@415_s2k I have seen some English forums. About Asian men and white women Some American women like to insult Asian men. Of course, they have never been to China. Tell the truth If you look at some English Forums About China Most of them are bad news. Why do Chinese men like Russian women and Ukraine women? Many Russian women and Ukraine women are very beautiful. Many American women are too fat.。。 They are fatter than British women and German women. 。British women are the fattest European women.。。 As a young man in northern Shandong province I am 183CM 86kg. I won't date American women

Old 09-06-2018, 10:05 PM

I dated an American woman in 2014. (Shanghai ) She is 32 years old and I am 22 years old. She's about 155cm. She likes to listen to DJ. In China, women usually don't date men who are younger than her.。。 To tell the truth, she is very sexy. She has taught me many things I dated a Canadian woman in 2015. She is an exchange student in Hangzhou She told me There are many good-looking men in Hangzhou But most of them are relatively short. Then she and I went back to my hometown. Zibo, Shandong Then we went to Ji'nan and Qingdao. Beijing dalian She told me She wants to live in northern China. She said Canada is a boring country. She likes northern Chinese men. Especially Shandong men. Maybe because I am a Shandong man. My American girlfriend and Canadian girlfriend. They think I am very handsome. But I think I am just a normal man

Old 09-07-2018, 05:40 AM

@415_s2k I like western women. But definitely not American women. I saw a talk show. Maury Show It‘s really opened my eyes! Many Cantonese and Fu Jian illegally goes to the United States.(1970 to 2000.) China is very poor . Why are Chinese men short? , GDP per capita in the US in 1980 was$ 12,597 GDP per capita in the China in 1980 was$ 194 My father was born in 1961. In his childhood He has never eaten meat I was born in 1992. GDP per capita in the China in 1992 was$ 366 I was 18 years old in 2010. GDP per capita in the China in 2010 was$ 4560 GDP per capita in the China in 2017 was$ 8826 GDP per capita in the Shandong in 2017 was$ 10790 Shandong province is the most populous province in North China. One hundred million people Young Shandong men born in 1990 to 2000 We eat better, so much higher than father. In many Western women's impression, Chinese men are thin and short. Because most of the Chinese you see are Cantonese. the average height was 167CM in 1930 (North China ) Japanese male 159cm Cantonese 162cm Guangdong Jiangsu Shandong GDP will be higher than UK, France and Italy. In 2028 Tell the truth Young Shandong men are significantly higher than young Guangdong men. But in China Height is not very important. Women usually like rich men.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:58 AM

Weihai, Shandong, 1915
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia