Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:59 AM

214 posts, read 238,821 times

Advertisements

The Germans were in Qingdao in 1937.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 10,994 times
Some asian parents favor own ethnic groups as their children's spouses. Some may look for potential spouses in Asia for their children.

If they cannot find a spouse in their country of residence, they would not consider other ethnic groups and would find someone in the asian country they or their parents came from, and try to ask that someone to move to where they live. For example there are many divorced chinese ,vietnamese and filipino men in western countries and also Chinese men in Japan and Singapore seeking new spouses from less wealthy asian countries . It may not work for South Korea, Singapore, Japan and HK where many women earn good money and western countries are not attractive to these women in terms of money and social welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone2k View Post
I was thinking something like this, also. I also live in Texas and once worked with an older Korean guy who had two sons. Not surprisingly for his age, he was pretty traditional. He told me that, for his older son, he preferred him to have this priority for potential marriage partners: (1) Korean-American, (2) Caucasian-American, and (3) Korean-born. The 1st choice was because he wanted his oldest son to marry someone who he considered "having Korean blood", but would share the same American culture as him. As for the younger son, he said he could marry whoever he liked.

I think many guys would like some variety in their dating scene, but might still feel some parental or social pressure to marry someone with the same background. I think that's common for people from any background. That said, I've known a few older couples where the guy was Asian and the gal was Caucasian. Not many, but they exist.

In more recent years, I see more East Asian guys with Caucasian women, but still not as many as the reverse. I don't think Austin is really any different from Houston or Dallas in this regard ... although the younger social scene in Austin is more concentrated in the core there, so it might be easier to see different pairings.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:22 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,884,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
No offense, please,.... I just do not find most of them attractive, that is the only reason. I know most of them are very- intelligent, but between a man and a woman, that first attraction says it all.

I do, however, find some Asians from India, very attractive.....!!!!!
You will change your mind once you are actually in India and ogled by the men there.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:32 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,997 times
As a white woman married to an asian man...some asian men are attractive to me, some are not...just like basically every other man alive.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:44 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,289,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
You will change your mind once you are actually in India and ogled by the men there.
being ogled at is the least of her problem. when she is asked to put up dowry is the real problem. the higher the status, the higher the required payment.i mean dowry

Old 09-07-2018, 06:35 PM

511 posts, read 400,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
As a white woman married to an asian man...some asian men are attractive to me, some are not...just like basically every other man alive.
I know there are people like you. There are women of all races who only date Korean guys because of the arising K-pop popularity. Yep, everyone knows that. However, the vast majority of white women don't like us and it's been that way for a long time.

The irony is, most of my friends of different races and nationalities told me they prefer Asian women over their female counterparts. How irony is that? Seems like the so-called different stardards of beauty and cultural difference don't matter to them.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:01 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
I know there are people like you. There are women of all races who only date Korean guys because of the arising K-pop popularity. Yep, everyone knows that. However, the vast majority of white women don't like us and it's been that way for a long time.

The irony is, most of my friends of different races and nationalities told me they prefer Asian women over their female counterparts. How irony is that? Seems like the so-called different stardards of beauty and cultural difference don't matter to them.
Or standards of beauty differ among the genders, so they do see Asians as more attractive and they are hoping the the stereotypical cultural differences are true

Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM

@seasoncb Many Vietnamese girls are very beautiful. To tell the truth, if a Vietnamese woman and an American woman I date Vietnamese women. In China Usually very few men like American women, Canadian women, India women and African women. ... This is not racism. If a man likes white women Usually like Russia and Ukraine.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoncb View Post
Some asian parents favor own ethnic groups as their children's spouses. Some may look for potential spouses in Asia for their children.

If they cannot find a spouse in their country of residence, they would not consider other ethnic groups and would find someone in the asian country they or their parents came from, and try to ask that someone to move to where they live. For example there are many divorced chinese ,vietnamese and filipino men in western countries and also Chinese men in Japan and Singapore seeking new spouses from less wealthy asian countries . It may not work for South Korea, Singapore, Japan and HK where many women earn good money and western countries are not attractive to these women in terms of money and social welfare.
The parents of one of my female friends in CA who is Taiwanese-American tried to convince her to let them help her meet a guy from mainland China that her aunts and uncles knew because she hadn't married by her late 20’s. Rich guy from Fujian, he flew out to LA to meet her and it was really cringey.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:31 PM

I watch them live every day. Their wives are Russian women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia