Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 09:01 PM

301 posts, read 164,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
he still gave apple a pass. Apple had plenty time of time to move the supply chains out of china.

If they can't build it in texas or the south where labor and environmental laws are looser, why can't they build it in mexico? its right across the river. instead of drugs or human trafficking, they can build iphones
Are you referring to the fruit or the Sell Fone that Apple makes?

I am an Android person

I do not do Apple.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:39 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
no
Well, let's all ignore your links then...

Old 04-22-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
A review of the known index cases also shows that the coronavirus often spread from the northeastern United States, indicating a chain of transmission from China to Europe to the East Coast of the U.S., and from there to other U.S. states. Many state governments have declined to publicly share data on the provenance of their early cases, but some, like New Mexico, Kansas, North Dakota, and Idaho, confirmed that their first cases had links to New York or the northeastern U.S.

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/12/...an-from-china/

That's probably why the Northeast US totals are worse than China. The B strain from Italy is the deadliest strain.
Here in Portugal the North has by far the most cases, and most of them go back to Northern Italy (due to the fashion industry in both countries), yet the mortality in Portugal is not anywhere near the one in Italy.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
I hate the idea of boycotts. But should it develop (and it is proved) that Red China was responsible for releasing Covid-19 on the world, Red China must be made to pay for the damage it has done.

I do not believe that in any country will Red China be found liable civilly or criminally under the defense of the universally accepted doctrine of sovereign immunity.

Therefore I am purposing the widest possible boycott of all Chinese products.

What do you mean by releasing? On purpose? Why would they release such a devastating virus on their own country?

If it was an accident, I won't blame them, accidents happen. The same goes for a likely natural evolution of that virus.

And I will not boycott Chinese products. Should I have to buy a smartphone (because of some tracking app or whatever), I will get a Huawei - on purpose.
Nor will European companies give up the Chinese market because of an accident or a different political system. Europeans and others around the world by and large don't care whether China is communist or not, we are not Americans.
Not even Exxon seems to care:
https://chemweek.com/CW/Document/110...oject-in-China

If anything, I will boycott American products because I can't stand about half of Americans. I can't say the same thing about the Chinese.

Last edited by Neuling; 04-22-2020 at 05:43 AM..

Old 04-22-2020, 06:22 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
And I will not boycott Chinese products. Should I have to buy a smartphone (because of some tracking app or whatever), I will get a Huawei - on purpose.
Nor will European companies give up the Chinese market because of an accident or a different political system. Europeans and others around the world by and large don't care whether China is communist or not, we are not Americans.
You have mentioned the positive sentiments that Europe has towards China a few times, but that doesn't seem to hash out with reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
“Over these months China has lost Europe,” said Reinhard Buetikofer, a German Green party lawmaker who chairs the European Parliament’s delegation for relations with China. He cited concerns from China’s “truth management” in the early stages of the virus to an “extremely aggressive” stance by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing and “hard-line propaganda” that champions the superiority of Communist Party rule over democracy.

“Now the atmosphere in Europe is rather toxic when it comes to China,” said Joerg Wuttke, president of the EU Chamber of Commerce in China.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XqA0JbcRU0N

I've spoken with a few Europeans - here in China - and the general sentiment that they have is negative but not surprised. The three big things that seem to be driving it are: 1) issues regarding transparency early on and deflection after the fact; 2) donations that came with an expectation of breathless thanks, which in some instance turned out to be defective, and later issues around price gouging/red tape/etc; 3) mistreatment of Africans and other foreigners, and subsequent denials or deflection.

Of course, we tend to hear what we want to. But I don't think that China-EU relations are as rosy as you sometimes present them...

Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 AM

They are not rosy, never have been. And I never claimed that.

But Europeans do distinguish between the Chinese government and the Chinese people.
We are not Americans, whose mind goes like this: China = Chinese = communist = evil.

Nor is it really racism. When Africans have a disproportionately high rate of infection as confirmed by tests then naturally the Chinese don't want contact with Africans. Not because they are Africans, but because they are a group of people. Fellow Han Chinese from Wuhan are also not treated nicely outside Hubei, there have been riots when the isolation was ended because the rest of the country is afraid of that group of people of exactly the same ethnicity.
Even in Spain there are groups of people that parts of the population are even harassing, namely nurses, who receive threats and are urged to move out of buildings.

It is simply the ugly face of egoism when survival is at stake.

And Europeans and Americans are the last people that should point at others being racist. Both have committed genocides and a long history of racism.

Regarding 2), I agree that the Chinese should be a bit humbler and actually provide quality equipment for free or at a much reduced price in order to compensate for the damage done.

Last edited by Neuling; 04-22-2020 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-22-2020, 11:05 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud49 View Post
Are you referring to the fruit or the Sell Fone that Apple makes?

I am an Android person

I do not do Apple.

Android sucks too. Nothing but malware and spyware.

Quote:
They are not rosy, never have been. And I never claimed that.

But Europeans do distinguish between the Chinese government and the Chinese people.
We are not Americans, whose mind goes like this: China = Chinese = communist = evil.

Nor is it really racism. When Africans have a disproportionately high rate of infection as confirmed by tests then naturally the Chinese don't want contact with Africans. Not because they are Africans, but because they are a group of people. Fellow Han Chinese from Wuhan are also not treated nicely outside Hubei, there have been riots when the isolation was ended because the rest of the country is afraid of that group of people of exactly the same ethnicity.
Even in Spain there are groups of people that parts of the population are even harassing, namely nurses, who receive threats and are urged to move out of buildings.

It is simply the ugly face of egoism when survival is at stake.

And Europeans and Americans are the last people that should point at others being racist. Both have committed genocides and a long history of racism.

Regarding 2), I agree that the Chinese should be a bit humbler and actually provide quality equipment for free or at a much reduced price in order to compensate for the damage done.

I don't think you're european. I think you're cantonese from Macao. I also think you're a red nationalist.

And the han should be humbler. They started this virus by eating everything that turns its back to heaven.

They eat anything that turns its back to heaven just like the africans. So there is not much difference except skin color. Hypocrites.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think you're european. I think you're cantonese from Macao. I also think you're a red nationalist.

And the han should be humbler. They started this virus by eating everything that turns its back to heaven.

They eat anything that turns its back to heaven just like the africans. So there is not much difference except skin color. Hypocrites.
That again?! Whether you believe it or not, I am European, and grateful for it.

Everything that turns its back to heaven?! What does that even mean?!

Old 04-22-2020, 02:36 PM

Seems that China is not the only country where minorities are having difficulty now.

The Indian writer and activist Arundhati Roy says the nationalist Hindu government is using the virus to oppress Muslims. According to her and others, the government uses tactics the Nazis used as well. They are even making new laws aimed at driving Muslims out of the economy, just like Jews in Nazi Germany.

Funny, I haven't heard Trump, Merkel, Macron, Johnson, the UN, etc. condemn the Indian government, yet. Maybe they are close friends with the Hindu-nazis.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Seems that China is not the only country where minorities are having difficulty now.

The Indian writer and activist Arundhati Roy says the nationalist Hindu government is using the virus to oppress Muslims. According to her and others, the government uses tactics the Nazis used as well. They are even making new laws aimed at driving Muslims out of the economy, just like Jews in Nazi Germany.

Funny, I haven't heard Trump, Merkel, Macron, Johnson, the UN, etc. condemn the Indian government, yet. Maybe they are close friends with the Hindu-nazis.
Well, India also was not where the virus originated or spread from, hasn't been going around trying to play world savior for PR and political purposes after the fact, demanding other nations thank it, etc. It also doesn't engage in substantial espionage programs against the West and its corporations don't thrive on IP theft, so...

Of course this is terrible, as are instances of racism or hate anywhere in the world due to paranoia and fear, but the rationality is quite clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia