Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 02:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
CDC Director Robert Redfield suggests that it appeared a year earlier. Italy has requested US data for earlier pneumonia deaths to test.

link

NIH and China were doing research on coronavirus and bats in 2018.
But in the winter 2018-19 there were clearly fewer flu deaths than the year before. If Covid had already been circulating, things would only have gotten worse. Or am I missing something?

The last flu season, which has just ended, also saw fewer flu cases:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

Old 04-26-2020, 09:08 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,197 times
Default Covid-19 = Viral Pneumonia

Medical reporting.

Since the Chinese have blocked investigations, no one can determine when and how coronavirus was first affecting the Chinese population. But when the most lethal mutation started to kill Wuhan City residents, presenting in the end stage as viral pneumonia, (later identified as covid-19), the medical community believes patient zero (the carrier) to be a Wuhan City resident.

Here's is a timeline with sources which is the present consenus;
Attached Thumbnails
Day of reckoning for China?-covid-19timeline.jpg  

Old 04-27-2020, 12:34 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But in the winter 2018-19 there were clearly fewer flu deaths than the year before. If Covid had already been circulating, things would only have gotten worse. Or am I missing something?

The last flu season, which has just ended, also saw fewer flu cases:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
It looks like they stayed elevated in year 2. They were alternating between 300,000 one year and 500,000 every other year.

The end of the US-China relationship by Stephen Roach

link

If China stops buying the hardware for Made in China 2025, that would be about 1.1 trillion dollars in lost sales for US chip and networking manufacturing companies, similar to what was seen in 2001 during the tech/telecom crash.

British scientists, as well as the US accusations, are now alleging the virus in its present form originated in the horseshoe bat colonies being studied in Southern China, That's probably why the US wants to look at other research labs besides Wuhan and the wet markets are no longer considered a source of the outbreak (nor have they been for quite awhile).

link

I don't see any government allowing military and intelligence officials from another country violating its sovereignty and conducting "searches" unless they were under threat of a war.

There is another article in ZH regarding the WSJ article on the horseshoe bat sample with COVID-19 in the Wuhan Infectious Virus laboratory. They left out that they used the sample in January to identify the disease after the epidemic had broken out. It states in the article that the sample had been retained since 2013 until it was used in January.

Last edited by lchoro; 04-27-2020 at 12:57 PM..

Old 04-28-2020, 06:18 PM

US eliminated the position embedded in the Chinese authority intended to identify disease outbreaks

link

Timing is just a few months before the disease outbreak. Old news, but it seems to rhyme a lot with other recent trumped up crises with false flag chemical attacks and outside inspectors.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:41 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Still waiting for the West to retaliate seriously against China. So far it's all words no action.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:10 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Still waiting for the West to retaliate seriously against China. So far it's all words no action.
You'll be waiting for a long time. Probably for ever.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:06 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Most likely, retaliation will come quietly, in the form of divestment from business as usual with the PRC, which has already been and will continue to be a trend. The US' tariffs helped to hammer home the reality that the PRC doesn't hold all the cards - it's still first and foremost a mercantilist nation, and one that relies very heavily on foreign innovation, research, talent, and patronage, either directly or indirectly.

If Western governments make grand proclamations about ditching China and then start to do so, it guarantees that China will become more belligerent. The CCP in its current state can't help itself from trying to one-up any group that it perceives as denigrating it.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:42 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,197 times
Default Start off with a joke with a message in it

Everyone wants a time machine. For years, like the cartoon character "Rocky the flying squirrel," I wanted a "wayback machine." To see the dinosaurs.

Then I went back to my old school and met again my hot hot hot love interest but 50 years later. Time was NOT kind. Sha Zaaam! At that moment I realized that if I could get my hands on a time machine, it had to travel to the future. Basically to check on my present time opinions and the consequences of my present actions.

Live and let live. Some would say that is the American way. I call bull s**t on that. Step over the line fellow and your head comes off. Payback is a *****. Stuff like that.

It's probable that Covid-19 and all the killing it does will not forgotten. A heroic character from Red China will not be inserted in major movies. And with manufacturing slipping away to Indochina, the shaky state of the Chinese economy, and the loss of foreign trade (could happen), a colder war maybe a hot war is on the horizon, god help us.

[About our friend the above poster, from Guangzhou, Red China who has made 14 million posts on this forum. How? I ask. Right through the bamboo curtain. Stranger than that, his post makes perfect sense. ]

Old 04-29-2020, 08:06 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
It's probable that Covid-19 and all the killing it does will not forgotten. A heroic character from Red China will not be inserted in major movies. And with manufacturing slipping away to Indochina, the shaky state of the Chinese economy, and the loss of foreign trade (could happen), a colder war maybe a hot war is on the horizon, god help us.

[About our friend the above poster, from Guangzhou, Red China who has made 14 million posts on this forum. How? I ask. Right through the bamboo curtain. Stranger than that, his post makes perfect sense. ]
It's not a loss of foreign trade, it's a development of balanced trade. Big difference. China is still a huge consumer market. The west needs it's market/consumers. So China's mercantile ways will slow down, lots of our production will be brought back to the west. So what, China can put there big boy pants on and adapt. No "hot war", people like to talk about it but it's a discussion into the realm of the extreemist internet posting. It's simply not possible with the global economic structure. One thing both China and US are aware of - war is bad for business. Two global superpowers fighting it out is obsolete tool of statecraft, and has been that way since WW2, for what should be obvious reasons.

I think you are refering to 415 user? He can speak for himself of course but I understand he is an expat (China by the way has a huge population of western expat businessmen, another reason war is not feasible). You are looking not at the number of posts, but the number of times his posts have been read. Obviously, again, he is probably using a VPN to post like a good portion of the population does to get around China internet controls...but CityData is not regulary censored by the "great firewall of China" (only once on a business trip in China I found CityData locked out, but the firewall is really inconsistent).

Old 04-29-2020, 08:22 AM

US is attempting to sue China for damages for the pandemic outbreak. Zerohedge has an article up with a list that accuses the lab of bioengineering the virus and accidentally releasing.

link

The actual virus hasn't been found in the bat colonies as the article claimed. It would take a series of mutations or lab alterations to the DNA sequence to effect that change. There are different claims versus the article. The US government claim is that the virus was naturally occurring and brought to the lab which is more in line with scientific articles in Nature magazine that the virus sequence was naturally occurring.

I thought it was interesting that the US eliminated positions to facilitate responding to the epidemic in China and that the delay in identifying the cause is their key complaint in the quest for damages. It gives an appearance that they knew something was going to happen shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia