Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 12:23 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
yeah, they lied about the impact by doing the strictest lockdown possible, by sending medical teams from all over the country to wuman, by building field hospitals in 10 days. sure.

but whatever, you will only focus on "mistakes" made when the virus has not been discovered and proven to be highly transmissible, but disregarding any thing that was done after the virus was isolated and identified.
Question - do they still pay you 50 cents per post you make in western forums?
Do you ever get like, a raise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
That's an admission that you guys are just spreading propaganda and the goal is to repeat it enough to get other people to believe it. There are people like you that will just repeat anything they read, but there are many more who can think.
Who are "you guys"? You mean every nation, every health professional, and every scientist on earth except the Peoples Republic of China?
China lied, people died. It's very simple.
And the greatest joke, if you want to call it that - is CNN provided proof from leaked documents from, yeah, PRC themselves.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:33 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sure. Horse**** about the virus originating in Italy is worth reading and I am the one spreading propaganda lol.

Avid Trump haters really are just as laughable as avid Trump supporters
You just said who cares where it came from as long as you can spread the word. Now that you admitted you don't have anything behind the claim, you just accuse people of being against someone. You're really no different than kids shouting on the playground.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:57 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
You just said who cares where it came from as long as you can spread the word. Now that you admitted you don't have anything behind the claim, you just accuse people of being against someone. You're really no different than kids shouting on the playground.
In case you weren’t aware, Greysholic is Taiwanese and not American. Just pointing it out.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:19 PM

671 posts, read 315,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Question - do they still pay you 50 cents per post you make in western forums?
Do you ever get like, a raise?
that's funny coming from you who is in china and pays tax to the CCP, while I earn $ from US government and pays all sorts of tax. But I also own stocks from US companies that are booming thanks to their business in china. I guess we're even then

Old 12-08-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
that's funny coming from you who is in china and pays tax to the CCP, while I earn $ from US government and pays all sorts of tax. But I also own stocks from US companies that are booming thanks to their business in china. I guess we're even then
That's amazing....
...so do you post your Chinese propaganda on other social media like twitter or just here? Do you have like a PRC handler that reviews your posting activity to see if it follows the party platform exactly? I'm really curious.

Old 12-08-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
That's amazing....
...so do you post your Chinese propaganda on other social media like twitter or just here? Do you have like a PRC handler that reviews your posting activity to see if it follows the party platform exactly? I'm really curious.
I don't use social networks what so ever. but if you think I am not entitled to my opinion on this matter and calls whatever things I have to say as "propaganda", feel free to ignore me, I will do the same from now on.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:08 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,071,354 times
Quote:
Once again, the issue wasn't early lockdown. Yes that would have helped but it was to be expected. The issue ONCE AGAIN, China lied about the impact. It's much more than lockdown, it's understanding and analyzing the data, the trends, the science. China lied and held information.
My answer was to him, not you.

Yes, China lied in the very beginning and that caused the Wuhan outbreak to be much worse than it could have been. China should be blamed for that, but it hurt Chinese people not people in Europe or America.

The same happened all over the globe with politicans worried about the effects on the economy. America did not let people get tested and said it was all under control and not dangerous even though they knew that was false. Austria knew about the outbreaks in the alps but covered it up, and Turkey just got caught underreporting cases by a factor of 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, they would have. That would have meant some level of transparency in their government without the threat of looking bad in the eyes of a higher bureaucratic office. It's part and parcel of how this got screwed up.

By not messing up, China could've limited the spread early on, but that didn't happen. The West found out it wasn't contained to China anyways, because what ended up happening is that it didn't get contained in China.

China did a good job in containing things later, but it's missteps initially meant that it became a far larger and more global crisis.
It does not matter if 10 or 100 cases spread outside of China. Whithout any social distancing it will only take 1 - 2 weeks to go from 10 to a 100 anyway. In the beginning phases there is no such thing as limiting the spread, you either contain it or you don't.

China missteps made the crisis more severe in China, but less severe outside of China. If China handled with a great level of transparency, closed down Wuhan in early January and got down to 0 cases by the end of January, then what do you think the west would do?

They would have of course assumed that the crisis is over, and even if there was someone who left Wuhan before the lockdown then they could control it. They would have tested travellers from China, but would have found nothing. There would also be no initial outbreaks in South Korea and Japan. Even China is going to think it is contained and will not close their own borders.

Then sometime in February or March, Italy would have discovered that their hospitals are getting overrun and then they discover that it is Covid. By that time, Italy and other countries have exported tens of thousands of cases and even China has to lock down due to imported cases. It will be like todays timeline, except this time they do not have Wuhan as a warning and they have not prepared at all.

Last edited by Camlon; 12-08-2020 at 06:17 PM..

Old 12-08-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
My answer was to him, not you.

Yes, China lied in the very beginning and that caused the Wuhan outbreak to be much worse than it could have been. China should be blamed for that, but it hurt Chinese people not people in Europe or America.

The same happened all over the globe with politicans worried about the effects on the economy. America did not let people get tested and said it was all under control and not dangerous even though they knew that was false. Austria knew about the outbreaks in the alps but covered it up, and Turkey just got caught underreporting cases by a factor of 5.

It does not matter if 10 or 100 cases spread outside of China. Whithout any social distancing it will only take 1 - 2 weeks to go from 10 to a 100 anyway. In the beginning phases there is no such thing as limiting the spread, you either contain it or you don't.

China missteps made the crisis more severe in China, but less severe outside of China. If China handled with a great level of transparency, closed down Wuhan in early January and got down to 0 cases by the end of January, then what do you think the west would do?

They would have of course assumed that the crisis is over, and even if there was someone who left Wuhan before the lockdown then they could control it. They would have tested travellers from China, but would have found nothing. There would also be no initial outbreaks in South Korea and Japan. Even China is going to think it is contained and will not close their own borders.

Then sometime in February or March, Italy would have discovered that their hospitals are getting overrun and then they discover that it is Covid. By that time, Italy and other countries have exported tens of thousands of cases and even China has to lock down due to imported cases. It will be like todays timeline, except this time they do not have Wuhan as a warning and they have not prepared at all.
I actually disagree with that, you can't lie when the virus is still not clearly identified. Even if what you said is true, all those responsible wuhan officials were fired and may even get fines/sentenced. Do you see that anywhere else in the world?

Old 12-08-2020, 06:51 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Spreading the word? It has always been consensus that China is the origin of the virus, PRC apologists like Bettafish, maomao and Camlon (as well as the Chinese shills on reddit and twitter) are the ones trying to sway public opinion in their favour and pin the blame on Italy, except next to no non-Chinese has been dumb enough to buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia