Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 12:24 AM

16,884 posts, read 5,079,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Some atheists have the same insecurities and flaws as the believers.
Irrelevant, Mystic's rant is a misrepresentation that has been refuted logically and scientifically so many times.

Quote:
And they can be more combative than believers.
No, we are responding to religious claims and actions. We are not the ones flying planes into buildings or burning people at the stake. I have my pen ready to mark your usual dismissal.

Quote:
Most avoid a philosophical debate and would rather spend their time putting down Christianity.
We 'put down' Christianity because it is the dominant religion for most of us, and we have done the philosophical debates (for Mystic's position as well). But for some reason you object to the conclusion of those debates when we use them, calling them the usual cliches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 12:34 AM

16,884 posts, read 5,079,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I find that most atheists on this forum are more accurately described as anti-theists, and most of the anti-theists are anti-Christian.
Once again for the slow learner, Christianity is the focus because most of us live in Christian dominant culture, many of us were Christians, and this US based forum will naturally be dominated by the most common religion of the US, Christianity.

Quote:
The "gang," who tend to refer to themselves as "us" and "we," is an anti-Christian gang, and it's not restricted to atheists only.
Of course we do, that is how language works. That is how people in different groups talk. You do this as well. Try using 'him' when you mean 'they', or 'us' when you mean 'she' and see the confusion.

Quote:
Other beliefs are tolerated by the true atheists in the gang, IF those believers in [something more] are sufficiently anti-Christian, and they keep quiet about their beliefs -- so as not to harm the militant atheist campaign.
We tolerate Christians as well, apart from the dishonest ones.

Quote:
Also, not all atheists are accepted by the 'gang', especially if they question the efficacy of New Atheism tactics or if they ignore the "don't make a case for [something more]" rule.
Or for some other reason. Maybe their honesty?

Old 12-19-2020, 01:30 AM

50,143 posts, read 20,925,474 times
Once again we see, whatever the Topic, the thread becoming bashing atheism in hopes to validate Christianity, and once again, the anti -atheists (theist or non theist) dropping their hatchets in favour of attacking their common enemy. 'New' atheism. Because they are having their arguments debunked and have to look around for allies.

Anyone notice btw how they are invading AA to attack us? I'm not going to point to individual posts and posters, even though irrelevant arguments about why Christianity became popular (as though that made it true) and a passel of lies about atheism, rather asks for it, because that is nothing to do with the OP. I'll just opine that that off -topic anti -atheist spamming won't be allowed to go on forever, and Mods do not take kindly to being accused of bias against and persecution of Christian apologists and enablers.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:32 AM

16,124 posts, read 6,453,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Panenthist beliefs. They play havoc with their typical atheist focus on the existence of God. Their atheism is typically based on the beliefs ABOUT God in the many religions but they like to pretend it is about the existence of God which cannot be definitively determined scientifically. Panentheism specifically incorporates as evidence about God the very evidence they want to rely on to refute the existence of God. Panentheism requires atheists to acknowledge that their atheism is an unsubstantiated BELIEF about our existing Reality. However, I seem to be an equal opportunity criticism target from the theist side as well.
Quote:
I find that most atheists on this forum are more accurately described as anti-theists, and most of the anti-theists are anti-Christian.

The "gang," who tend to refer to themselves as "us" and "we," is an anti-Christian gang, and it's not restricted to atheists only. Other beliefs are tolerated by the true atheists in the gang, IF those believers in [something more] are sufficiently anti-Christian, and they keep quiet about their beliefs -- so as not to harm the militant atheist campaign. Also, not all atheists are accepted by the 'gang', especially if they question the efficacy of New Atheism tactics or if they ignore the "don't make a case for [something more]" rule.
Why do you weirdos insist on talking about your concept of God on the atheism subforum? The Christianity subforum does not allow an atheist to go on there and question the existence of God. We don't. I interact with people from my former group and I'm not nearly as hostile to them as you two are. Do you wanna know why? Because I'd rather be reasonable and have a chance of getting through to them. It's about what I'm trying to say. This isn't about God or truth or whatever to you; it's about your ego.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:52 AM

16,124 posts, read 6,453,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Once again we see, whatever the Topic, the thread becoming bashing atheism in hopes to validate Christianity, and once again, the anti -atheists (theist or non theist) dropping their hatchets in favour of attacking their common enemy. 'New' atheism. Because they are having their arguments debunked and have to look around for allies.

Anyone notice btw how they are invading AA to attack us? I'm not going to point to individual posts and posters, even though irrelevant arguments about why Christianity became popular (as though that made it true) and a passel of lies about atheism, rather asks for it, because that is nothing to do with the OP. I'll just opine that that off -topic anti -atheist spamming won't be allowed to go on forever, and Mods do not take kindly to being accused of bias against and persecution of Christian apologists and enablers.
That's why my mom is the way she is. Any critique of her beliefs is either out of hate or ignorance. There is no good reason not to agree with her.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:23 AM

I'll just say that I believe I know why they take disagreement so damn' personally.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,674,035 times
Quote:
I'll just say that I believe I know why they take disagreement so damn' personally.
Me too. Some people, misguidedly, feel questioning one owns "team" is divisive and down right traitorous. They can't believe somebody would actually question the intentions and slow them down. They turn violent, some of them.

Can you imagine the growth that could take place if people understood questioning of beliefs is what allows us to short out the crap.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why do you weirdos insist on talking about your concept of God on the atheism subforum? The Christianity subforum does not allow an atheist to go on there and question the existence of God. We don't. I interact with people from my former group and I'm not nearly as hostile to them as you two are. Do you wanna know why? Because I'd rather be reasonable and have a chance of getting through to them. It's about what I'm trying to say. This isn't about God or truth or whatever to you; it's about your ego.
The questioning of no-god shouldn't allowed in this sub-forum?

Old 12-19-2020, 05:50 AM

That's not what he said. Questioning anything (on forum -topic) is ok, though we might wish they had noted the previous 10 dozen times we answered the same question; but just arguing why their god -thing is true is not appropriate to forum.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
That's not what he said. Questioning anything (on forum -topic) is ok, though we might wish they had noted the previous 10 dozen times we answered the same question; but just arguing why their god -thing is true is not appropriate to forum.
lets just look at the exact quote ...

" ... The Christianity subforum does not allow an atheist to go on there and question the existence of God. ..."

you question what I said ... I have zero problem with it. But lets not pretend that I so wrong trans. I mean what is it you are so afraid of? I am a nothing to you and your beliefs. I shouldn't be causing you this much angst.

she also makes a great point. Why are some of us so hostel to believers? why in no god names would we have to deploy tactics used by political candidates to sell our belief system? If our belief system is so true it can stand on its own two legs.

we don't need statements like "Ok, but just don't slow us down, we have the same goals and we are here to help you too."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism