Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 07:29 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,907 times

Advertisements

^^^^
Folks, just a reminder you're having a somewhat serious debate on the Joke Forum...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
Are you just making things up as you go along?

He's Making It Up As He Goes Along!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 07:33 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Allow me to provide as an example the example I know best. That would be myself.<snip>
Sorry, I didn't read beyond that point as I saw no relevance to how anything you have to say about yourself would contradict or challenge my personal experience of non-believers not being as predisposed towards skepticism as one might hope. They may well be, it just hasn't been my experience so far.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
Sorry, I didn't read beyond that point as I saw no relevance to how anything you have to say about yourself would contradict or challenge my personal experience of non-believers not being as predisposed towards skepticism as one might hope. They may well be, it just hasn't been my experience so far.
How very open-minded of you.

Old 04-20-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
^^^^
Folks, just a reminder you're having a somewhat serious debate on the Joke Forum...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

He's Making It Up As He Goes Along!
While your point is well taken, I personally find Itzpapalotl's ability to twist what is obvious in an effort to bring it into conformity with what he (she?) says (prefers to believe) to be as humorous as anything else that is to be found here.

It's rather like the Dead Parrot sketch, when you think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZw35VUBdzo

The parrot's not dead. It's just sleeping (pining for the fjords). But it will it will rise eventually. All that is required is faith. Go forth my lads, and inform the world.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
While your point is well taken, I personally find Itzpapalotl's ability to twist what is obvious in an effort to bring it into conformity with what he (she?) says (prefers to believe) to be as humorous as anything else that is to be found here.

It's rather like the Dead Parrot sketch, when you think about it.

The parrot's not dead. It's just sleeping (pining for the fjords). But it will it will rise eventually. All that is required is faith. Go forth my lads, and inform the world.
So your'e saying if a theist gets cornered dead to rights by an atheist and cannot prove life after death and/or resurrection, they denounce their faith, do a quick identity change and flee the scene?...

Old 04-20-2020, 09:10 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
So your'e saying if a theist gets cornered dead to rights by an atheist and cannot prove life after death and/or resurrection, they denounce their faith, do a quick identity change and flee the scene?...
If I get the point correctly, they lie their way out of it, which is ok because they know that they are right On Faith, not on evidence. That is, they 'know' there is a good explanation, even if they don't know what it is. All that matters is not to let the atheist get a win that might make people doubt, heaven forbid, themselves.

Old 04-20-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I don't recall saying that... exactly.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If I get the point correctly, they lie their way out of it, which is ok because they know that they are right On Faith, not on evidence. That is, they 'know' there is a good explanation, even if they don't know what it is. All that matters is not to let the atheist get a win that might make people doubt, heaven forbid, themselves.
Quote:
I don't recall saying that... exactly.
I'm referencing Michael Palin denouncing pet shop ownership and morphing into a British Columbia Lumberjack when he has nowhere left to go denying John Cleese's claim. But that's the beauty of interpreting an art form/painting/video/etc. It can be individual to the observer/watcher, and it could just as well fit Transponder's description..

I remember posting some "Sister Wendy" videos her awhile back. Although she was a Catholic Nun, she "called e'm as she saw them" with a refreshing theist free neutrality. In a way it's unfortunate she didn't run the pet shop. Maybe she saw this approach as a "higher calling"...LOL

Old 04-21-2020, 08:41 AM

256 posts, read 140,077 times
HEY HEY HEY I thought this was a JOKE Thread.... Please Preach somewhere else....Atheist Forum Joke Thread-pope-alone.jpg

Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
There have been some particularly amusing tweets from God lately.

I use to be able to paste the links to each tweet. Twitter seems to have done away with that feature. Anyway, here are some of the best.

Quote:
I'm God, I'm omniscient, I'm the Creator of the Universe, and even I can't believe this ****.
Quote:
I apologize for this virus interrupting the global catastrophe already in progress.
Quote:
What doesn't kill you makes you stay home
Quote:
I work from home in mysterious ways.
Quote:
Sooner or later the death rate is 100%

https://twitter.com/thetweetofgod?lang=en
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism