Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM

19 posts, read 64,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Nuts 'N Berries, Natural Foods Store & Café would be close to you for natural food items.

Also I would give Peachtree Road Farmers Market a try.

Trader Joe's carries a nice selection of items too.
checked out TJ in Roswell/Marietta...good non-produce selection, but produce price(when adjusted via per pound prices) was too high.

Sprouts carried lot of TJ's non-produce stuff combined with very competitive prices for farmers' market type goods.

THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
Agree, Trader Joes is not the cheapest for produce. Much better prices at the international markets.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
Sprouts is just expanding to GA. A Sprouts is planned in Smyrna, GA at the new Olde Ivy Village development intersection of E-W Connector and South Cobb Dr about 1 mile from Ivy Walk and West Village. More info here: Organic Grocer coming to Smyrna - Brian's Blog - Smyrna-Vinings, GA Patch

Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Rumor has it that a Sprouts is opening in Atlanta. They're supposed to take the old Office Max space in Loehmann's Plaza at Briarcliff and North Druid Hills Rds.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:57 PM

262 posts, read 637,582 times
There's also a rumor that Sprouts may anchor the new Fuqua development across from Suburban Plaza.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinvisibleheart View Post
Is there a grocery store which is like Whole Foods market, but not as expensive? Also, carry items like stevia, almond milk, jams made w/o sugar or artificial sugar substitute?

THANKS!
The Fresh Market is most like Whole Foods, but their prices are only slightly lower. I agree with others that Trader Joe's would be a good choice. For items like almond milk, EVOO, avocados, and tomatoes, their prices are even lower than Publix or Kroger. I can't speak about their jam or stevia stock, but I got the best unsalted creamy peanut butter ever from there.

You might want to consider joining a co-op for your vegetables. They sell vegetables grown by local farmers. I thought about doing it, but the downside is you don't get to pick the variety of produce you receive each week and I decided even the smallest plan had too many vegetables for one person to cook in a week. You can look some up at Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food.

Also, I've heard Forest Park Farmer's Market is a whole lot of awesomeness, but I haven't felt motivated enough to drive that far to check it out.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post

Also, I've heard Forest Park Farmer's Market is a whole lot of awesomeness, but I haven't felt motivated enough to drive that far to check it out.
It is hit or miss. Sometimes you can get phenominal deals on produce. But I didn't really see the organic selection you would get at YDFM or Whole Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta