Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times

Advertisements

Here comes the 2nd of the largest Kroger in the metro area...

Smyrna set to get giant Kroger *| ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:24 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
ostriches isnt gonna like this

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 AM

88 posts, read 183,523 times
Oh te of little faith, miss brown hornet. I LIKE private businesses, you see. I DON'T like the city GOVERNMENT buying up vacant lots, running businesses out & leaving distressed vacant lots , scattered trhoughout the city! I DON'T like shopping centers sitting vacant for 10 years, further devaling Smyrna residential property!!
This city has been a COMPLETE FAILURE in attempting to give Smyrna residents quality of life,... & stable house values!!
Guess some people don't understand what is good & what is detrimental, to a stable enonomy!
I had to step through dried vomit, when I ran into the Smyrna Kroger a few weeks ago(there is NO EXCUSE for such conditions @ a grocery store- no matter HOW old the store)-- which I might add,.. I only would go to for an emergency coffee cream run!!
I'm all for anything that happens in Smyrna,.. that might help sell my house this spring,... so I can get the hell outta here & move to a real ( & pretty) city! And where I can shop @ Trader Joes & Whole Foods for primary grocery store!!

Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 AM

17 posts, read 41,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Here comes the 2nd of the largest Kroger in the metro area...

Smyrna set to get giant Kroger *| ajc.com
This new store and commercial redevelopment will greatly improve this area. Note the funding is from Cole Taylor Bank in Chicago, our other local projects have failed due to the lack of local funding.

Identity Marketing & Public Relations » The Crossings at Four Corners Redevelopment Receives Zoning and Financing Approval

Old 01-07-2011, 08:15 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Quote:
Oh te of little faith, miss brown hornet. I LIKE private businesses, you see. I DON'T like the city GOVERNMENT buying up vacant lots, running businesses out & leaving distressed vacant lots , scattered trhoughout the city! I DON'T like shopping centers sitting vacant for 10 years, further devaling Smyrna residential property!!
The relevant reason to blame a city for vacant lots etc is because cities often subsidize developments for big box projects and when they fall apart, the empty decaying projects just sit there. That practice is conservative small guv’ment philosophy in action.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 AM

Joe P- sorry, but you are quite WRONG!!
Milton, Dunwoody, Peachtree City, Roswell, are doing JUST FINE!! They give tax incentives to businesses & encourage quality growth! They SUPPORT 7 PROTECT their HOMEOWNERS!!!!
Vinings, which sits on the Smyrna city line, is doing quite well, also WITHOUT intrusion of a CITY government! A new mixed use (hotel, good resturants) is breaking ground @ corner of I-75 & Cumberland Blvd.
I'll bet it will be built, & OPENED for business, while the 4-Corners/kroger still struggles to sign tenants.
I also wouldn't doubt that the strategy we are seeing here is an all out press release- that incenuates this project is moving forward,.. just to try to lure in some interest!
I don't have confidence that this Kroger will actually get built. 2012 is a long way off, guys! I think they see the failure @ Jonquil & Belmont! There is just no secure income in homes in Smyrna area!
Transients & low-income!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
You are talking about something else, as the communities you mention have a significantly - truly significantly larger HH income then Smyrna overall and the dynamics are obviously different. None of that changes cities (and states) using tax payer money to subsidize the “free” market.

The additionally burden brought on by the great recession (itself created by the deregulation free for all created by the same people who freely use tax payer money to subsidize the “free” market) has brought a lot of development to a stand still. Even the mixed use project you speak of at 75 and Cumberland has been on the boards for a couple years.

There still is a giant dirt pit in the middle of Buckhead not unlike the one in Smyrna, so even in high income areas, it’s a slow go.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM

That, I'll give ya! Tough times all over, but life is a whole lot more 'quality' in cities OTHER than the city of Smyrna!! But as a taxpaying homeowner, I'd prefer to live in a city that protects MY inerests, not the interests of illegals & section 8ers.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
So again, why dont you just move?

Old 01-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Ms hornet,... when you own a home, you don't just pick up & move! THAT is why protecting homeowners & house values is so absolutely important! I'm sorry you don't seem to understand that, maybe one day you will!
If you took my house & set it down in Chamblee or Decatur,.. it would be worth $250 - $275 easy! In Smyrna, due to neglet along Concord Rd., I could probably not get the $200 I need.. I already lost money on a Smyrna house, because of illegals & drug cartel!
It really DOES make a difference, when you have smart, intelligent city leaders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta