Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM

722 posts, read 3,317,658 times

Advertisements

I never said that there weren't hispanic republicans, and they obviously came out and voted. But did they deliver for the Republicans where it really mattered? NO.

This is telling: An Arizona State University poll found that 81% of registered Hispanics in the state opposed Arizona SB 1070, while around the same amount of Arizona Republicans supported it. The republican party can't scapegoat illegal aliens and except hispanics to go along with it. Most legalized hispanics are against it because many of them were illegal at one point, or have close friends and family members who are illegal. So, basically, don't expect some huge hispanic swing to the Republicans in 2012 because it aint gonna happen.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,458 times
It's no different than the claims of "death panels", "Obama is a secret Muslim", and any other fear-based rhetoric coming from the conservative rightwing faction of America. Your guy Gubna-elect Deal even indulged in a little of his own conspiracy beliefs when he questioned the citizenship of our Commander-in-Chief.

The political left has its own unique set of conspiratorial beliefs as well as the political right. There are no clean hands in this dirty political game, and it is hypocritical to think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Ah fearmongering at it's best.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 AM

23,467 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
It's no different than the claims of "death panels", "Obama is a secret Muslim", and any other fear-based rhetoric coming from the conservative rightwing faction of America. Your guy Gubna-elect Deal even indulged in a little of his own conspiracy beliefs when he questioned the citizenship of our Commander-in-Chief.
In fairness, all of this speculation about the POTUS' muddled history would go away if the public were presented with a legitimate Certificate of Birth, college transcripts, etc. I still fail to understand the lack of compliance over this...wouldn't you want to shut these accusations down? These documents are easy enough to obtain if you are a legitimate US citizen.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

The political left has its own unique set of conspiratorial beliefs as well as the political right. There are no clean hands in this dirty political game, and it is hypocritical to think otherwise.
Never said that the right didnt engage in it but I was simply pointing out that the guy who said Georgia Republicans would institue Jim Crow was fearmongering. NO way to deny that! He is also lying through his teeth and any rational person can see that.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 AM

32,028 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
In fairness, all of this speculation about the POTUS' muddled history would go away if the public were presented with a legitimate Certificate of Birth, college transcripts, etc. I still fail to understand the lack of compliance over this...wouldn't you want to shut these accusations down? These documents are easy enough to obtain if you are a legitimate US citizen.
Now that the Republicans control the House I imagine they will simply subpoeana these records. That will resolve it.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,780,042 times
Quote:
"In fairness" his campaigned released a scanned version of his birth certificate before he was elected.

"In fairness" that copy of that exact copy of the birth certificate was handed over to countless organizations to verify, like the Hawaii Department of Health and Factcheck.org.

"In fairness" no other president in modern history has had to actually do that.

"In fairness" The head of Hawaiis' Department of Health verified the legitimacy of the birth certificate.

"in fairness" the local newspaper on the day he was born printed it in the paper.

The reason I say this... and I say this like this is everytime something is done people are choosing to act like it wasn't done, is part of a conspiracy, or just don't care. They keep perpetuating the same hysteria online and wait for other people who haven't seen all the facts to read what they wrote online. There is really nothing that seems to be a way of truly putting this issue to rest with some.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:17 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
"In fairness" his campaigned released a scanned version of his birth certificate before he was elected.

"In fairness" that copy of that exact copy of the birth certificate was handed over to countless organizations to verify, like the Hawaii Department of Health and Factcheck.org.

"In fairness" The head of Hawaiis' Department of Health verified the legitimacy of the birth certificate.

"in fairness" the local newspaper on the day he was born printed it in the paper.

The reason I say this... and I say this like this is everytime something is done people are choosing to act like it wasn't done, is part of a conspiracy, or just don't care. They keep perpetuating the same hysteria online and wait for other people who haven't seen all the facts to read what they wrote online. There is really nothing that seems to be a way of truly putting this issue to rest with some.
This shows that there are many who never wanted a Black president in the first place. No other president had to go through that.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:49 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,458 times
It's probably unfortunate, but I think many of the people who still questions Obama's citizenship probably rely more on "info-tainment" sources geared to their political/social outlook like Limbaugh, Boortz, and O'Reilly than not. Unfortunately most of the mainstream media sources do not make any meaningful attempts to dispel these rumors beyond a one paragraph story on the back pages. Maybe if the AJC, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Post, USA Today and other sources dedicated one page of their respected papers every week to print President Obama's certificate?

Naw, that won't happen. It's too much like a public service and the American corporate media apparently relenquished that role a long time ago. Guardians of the fourth estate my ascot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post

Old 11-11-2010, 01:59 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,893,802 times
Quote:
LD, what makes you think the legitimate documents haven't been presented? What would you do if, asked to prove your citizenship, you proffered your birth certificate, and people simply responded that it wasn't authentic?

I don't see what's "muddled" about the POTUS's personal history. If people feel that only persons born in long-established states, whose parents didn't split up or take them to live abroad for a period, are eligible to be POTUS, then they should campaign to change the law to that effect, I guess. However, some of Obama's background characteristics that people seem to consider questionable have been true of previous presidents and presidential candidates, and that didn't seem to bother anybody.

Do you think if John McCain had won in 2008, there would have been a hue and cry over his not having been born in the USA? It seems very unlikely. It seems hard to avoid the inference that all the fuss about Obama's birth certificate is inspired by underlying racism.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:08 PM

19 posts, read 62,060 times
underlying racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta