Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
This is great news, Virgin Atlantic will add another London flight and take over Delta's Manchester, England flight. It's great to always see new metal at Hartsfield.
Now to just give them some domestic Virgin America flights to connect to once they land here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 11:25 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Now to just give them some domestic Virgin America flights to connect to once they land here!
Probably no need for Virgin America domestic, since their partnership with Delta's fortress domestic hub flights takes care of Virgin's international connecting traffic.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM

It appears the big baby Airbus 380 has return back to Hartsfield. Thanks Korean Air

Korean Air Lines Co. 35 (Track inbound flight)
KAL35 · "Koreanair" (all flights) koreanair.com

Incheon Int'l (RKSI / ICN)
Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL)
Terminal I
09:31AM KST
09:11AM EDT
Scheduled: 09:20AM KST 7-day average: 09:25AM KST Scheduled: 09:15AM EDT 7-day average: 09:04AM EDT Other flights between these airports
2 hr 42 min
9 hr 57 min

Duration: 12 hours 40 minutes
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Status En Route / On Time (1,374 sm down; 6,157 sm to go) Aircraft Airbus A380-800 (quad-jet) (H/A388/Lphotos) Speed 556 kts (planned: 490 kts) (graph) Altitude 35,000 feet (planned: 33,000 feet) (graph) Distance Direct: 7,145 sm Planned: 7,828 sm Route BIL J151 OVR J151 STL Q19 BNA KOLTT1

Old 09-22-2014, 11:58 AM

Will Emirate be Atlanta's next international airline?

Emirates Air Planning Expansion on U.S. Rivals

Also American Airlines brings back Atlanta to LaGuardia:

Service between Atlanta and LaGuardia resumes January 6th. Four daily CRJ-700

Between United, American, and Delta those airlines will have 44 daily flights to NYC area airports.

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 09-22-2014 at 12:15 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 01:43 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Ive read some interesting thoughts on this thread. Im an airline consultant by trade who has done some work in the Atlanta area as recently as last market. Im going to throw in my two cents:

1) Glad to see the 380 on ATL-ICN with regularity. Korea is a massive market from Atlanta and the Southeast. There has also been rumblings of Asiana being interested in a few weekly flights to Atlanta, but I dont know if that will pan out.

2) There wont be any passenger flights between Atlanta and Singapore in our lifetime.

3) Turkish applied for Atlanta in the past via Washington DC. There are solid rumors that they plan to enter the market nonstop.

4) Atlanta is the largest market in the US with no ME3 carrier (Qatar, Etihad, and Emirates). Its only a matter of time before one decides to fly to ATL. Qatar will probably establish a West coast presence first so I wouldnt look for them in the short term. Etihad is a wild card. Etihad has a relationship with Air France and KLM who have a joint venture with Delta. If Delta is willing, they could try and establish a relationship with Etihad (wooing them from American) and with that would come flights to Atlanta and Detroit.

5) The reason why Delta flies Shanghai to Detroit as opposed to Atlanta is not just because of geography. The auto industry helps fill the front of the plane. Detroit-Shanghai is a larger market with higher fares than Atlanta-Shanghai.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Ive read some interesting thoughts on this thread. Im an airline consultant by trade who has done some work in the Atlanta area as recently as last market. Im going to throw in my two cents:

1) Glad to see the 380 on ATL-ICN with regularity. Korea is a massive market from Atlanta and the Southeast. There has also been rumblings of Asiana being interested in a few weekly flights to Atlanta, but I dont know if that will pan out.

2) There wont be any passenger flights between Atlanta and Singapore in our lifetime.

3) Turkish applied for Atlanta in the past via Washington DC. There are solid rumors that they plan to enter the market nonstop.

4) Atlanta is the largest market in the US with no ME3 carrier (Qatar, Etihad, and Emirates). Its only a matter of time before one decides to fly to ATL. Qatar will probably establish a West coast presence first so I wouldnt look for them in the short term. Etihad is a wild card. Etihad has a relationship with Air France and KLM who have a joint venture with Delta. If Delta is willing, they could try and establish a relationship with Etihad (wooing them from American) and with that would come flights to Atlanta and Detroit.

5) The reason why Delta flies Shanghai to Detroit as opposed to Atlanta is not just because of geography. The auto industry helps fill the front of the plane. Detroit-Shanghai is a larger market with higher fares than Atlanta-Shanghai.
Thanks for your insight. Do you see any additional growth with Latin America carriers flying into Atlanta?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:48 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Thanks for your insight. Do you see any additional growth with Latin America carriers flying into Atlanta?
Honestly, not really. DL has a lock on pretty much ATL-Latin America traffic. I wouldnt rule out AV or CM, but I highly doubt we will see JJ or LA darken the door of ATL.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:58 AM

Frontier adds flight to Philadelphia from Atlanta next spring.

Frontier Airlines to return to Phila.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:40 AM

3,707 posts, read 5,982,315 times
Excellent news!

American Airlines To Expand Los Angeles Hub By Offering New Nonstop Flights To Atlanta

American Airlines 3x daily service on 737-800 aircraft between LAX and ATL!

This will be great for competition on the route. Current Delta is flying ~11 flights per day and Southwest/Airtran is flying 4. 18 total daily frequencies is fantastic. More connecting options to Asia, too.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Excellent news!

American Airlines To Expand Los Angeles Hub By Offering New Nonstop Flights To Atlanta

American Airlines 3x daily service on 737-800 aircraft between LAX and ATL!

This will be great for competition on the route. Current Delta is flying ~11 flights per day and Southwest/Airtran is flying 4. 18 total daily frequencies is fantastic. More connecting options to Asia, too.
Oh wow, this is great news. I wonder if Atlanta could support more cities by American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta