Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times

Advertisements

How many utility bills could that $180 pay? How many kids could it feed? How much good could it have done?

Such a waste ... On shoes! And I'd be saying the same if it was a bunch of Buckhead Betty's lined up at Lenox!

(PS -- glad the thug is dead).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post
he was innocnet. not only he defended himself , he was a CCW holder. after the shooting and the police interview, he stayed in line and got his shoes. end of story.
derp derp derp

Old 06-23-2013, 08:35 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
How many utility bills could that $180 pay? How many kids could it feed? How much good could it have done?
I have the strangest feeling right now that whatever device you just typed that on probably cost more than $180...

Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Exactly, Little Five Points is no longer quirky or fun, because someone was shot.

In related news, it's a shame too [sic] see Buckhead going down the tubes. That used to be a high-end shopping and dining destination.
Atlanta police officer involved in Buckhead shooting | News | Buckhead News

It's also a shame too [sic] see Marietta going down the tubes. That used to be a quaint, cute town with a nice central square.
Man Killed in Marietta Bar Shooting - Police & Fire - Marietta, GA Patch
Agreed. Way too many low rent people in this town.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:20 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,023,785 times
Beautiful News….Just Beautiful

Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 AM

477 posts, read 594,280 times
Here's hoping it was the same buttholemew from the East Atlanta/Reynoldstown/Grant Park robberies. Long shot I know, but it would be nice if he turned up toast.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:35 AM

477 posts, read 594,280 times
And don't worry, Little Five Points, East Atlanta Village, Midtown, Buckhead, and everywhere else someone has been shot before are not unsafe just because of a few isolated incidents. I live in Southwest Atlanta. If you want to worry about your safety, walk home from the Oakland City MARTA station at night by yourself. I'm glad somebody finally happened to have a pistol when this went down. Maybe some of these jagoffs will think twice now.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,476 times
I'm sorry but it can't get more "ATL" than this story.

Quote from the article: “I salute the homie that did that.” Haha!

So L5P has come to this? People standing in line for $180 shoes?

That's so sad.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Call me a racists but the first thing I thought of when I read the head line was - They must be black...The old tradition of poor black men wanting to own expensive shoes goes way back...it's some sort of status symbol. When I was a little kid - we traveled into the states to Philly...I was just a little hick...I thought it was odd that old black guys all drove luxury cars..Caddies mostly...To bad they don't make old fashioned practical shoes anymore...just these over priced sneakers that make your feet sweat. What's the matter with a well polished leather shoe?

Old 06-23-2013, 10:00 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,949 times
You guys think $180 shoes are sad, but I'm a lot more saddened by the fact that someone is dead over a few wallets and everyone seems quite smugly satisfied by it. Perhaps there wouldn't be as much crime in our society if more people would take the time to understand why those crimes are being committed to begin with, and how criminals ended up in such a position. To think that any human being deserves to die for stealing is just odd, although it does say a lot about how materialistic our society is when we value our possessions over the life of a person who is trying to take them.

Don't confuse this with sympathy for the robber or criticism of the shooter... if you rob enough people, sooner or later one of them is going to f**k you up, and (thankfully) they have every right to do so. That doesn't make me any happier about a very sad situation, though, and behind all the macho camouflage I'm sure the man who did the shooting isn't going to be sleeping well for quite a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta