Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:40 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I think I like "Concept 1" the most with the central baseball park and the public plaza stretching across Capital Ave.
Yes, I agree as this is my favorite concept and it preserves the AFCS site as a CBB stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 08:48 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Yes, I agree as this is my favorite concept and it preserves the AFCS site as a CBB stadium.
It would be great if they could get a minor league team to play there. Or at a minimum at least sell beer at the games. I would love to still have somewhere to go watch baseball.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,118,270 times
Quote:
It would be great if they could get a minor league team to play there. Or at a minimum at least sell beer at the games. I would love to still have somewhere to go watch baseball.
Why? The state already has two of them within 80 miles of Atlanta.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Somewhere that I can easily get to on a work / school evening. Spending hours in traffic in suburbia is not my idea of a way to relax.

If I want to make a weekend trip of it, I will go ahead go to DC or Chicago to go to Wrigley Field or some other stadium. Heck, that flight is probably quicker than the traffic. I have done trips elsewhere to watch baseball, and will likely be how I watch most of my baseball for the foreseeable future.

I hope Atlanta doesn't go too long without a team.

Last edited by jsvh; 04-19-2016 at 09:23 AM..

Old 04-20-2016, 07:26 AM

More coverage: Planners unveil three concepts re-imagining Turner Field and parking lot | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Plans they had at the event in PDF form: http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...on+%281%29.pdf

Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 AM

749 posts, read 886,781 times
Quote:
Somewhere that I can easily get to on a work / school evening. Spending hours in traffic in suburbia is not my idea of a way to relax.

If I want to make a weekend trip of it, I will go ahead go to DC or Chicago to go to Wrigley Field or some other stadium. Heck, that flight is probably quicker than the traffic. I have done trips elsewhere to watch baseball, and will likely be how I watch most of my baseball for the foreseeable future.

I hope Atlanta doesn't go too long without a team.
This is exactly how I feel too. Chicago is a quick and cheap flight, and Wrigley is a great stadium and neighborhood.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,722 times
So these concepts are coming out the company doing the LCI plan right? Hasn't the city pretty much said "yeah sure, we are going to do an LCI . . . but we are going to sell the property and proceed with development before that is complete". Has the developer actually stated an interest in following anything that emerges from the LCI?

Old 04-20-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
So these concepts are coming out the company doing the LCI plan right? Hasn't the city pretty much said "yeah sure, we are going to do an LCI . . . but we are going to sell the property and proceed with development before that is complete". Has the developer actually stated an interest in following anything that emerges from the LCI?
I think they have said they plan to incorporate LCI plans. These plans are really not far off from what the winning developer (Carter / GSU) originally proposed anyways:

Georgia State Univ. confirms big plans for Turner Field

Old 04-20-2016, 09:34 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I would venture to guess that a lot of folks wouldn't want to drive out to Lawrenceville or Rome on a weekday or maybe even on the weekend for a game. Having a minor league team in-town may actually work out for some folks. Although I am a Gwinnettian, I could easily see how driving up 85 to see either the G-Braves or the Gladiators (hockey) could be a deterrent if you don't have any other reason to be out there that day or night. Driving to Rome even on the weekend is basically a road trip for most people.

Some of us here in the ATL and back home don't mind driving. However, there are others that may not be up to the task on a regular basis (especially on weekdays with kids). I've taken my son to a couple of games at The Ted this year and it makes for a long night if you live OTP. Likewise, I am sure that going to Gwinnett or Rome would make for a long night for an ITPer.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,372 times
Quote:
New Turner Field Redevelopment Designs: Turner Field Concepts - Album on Imgur
I could get with this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta