Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 04:10 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Lol it’s all fun n games until it’s the economy that’s under attack.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:22 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,777,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Can you fathom the economic impact Delta's departure will have?! $300M tax revenue ... POOF gone! The ripple effects will be catastrophic for local commerce and Georgia's economy.
Something has gone poof here and it isn't tax revenue or involving Georgia's economy.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:30 PM

597 posts, read 667,635 times
How is this playing among the suburban ATL Republicans? They are, after all, Republicans, with ties via party affiliation to the rural and small-city conservative voters. But, they also represent districts that are part of metro Atlanta and are probably keen on keeping Atlanta's big corporations happy and keeping the business environment robust.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:03 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
So move all your business to Frontier and Spirit. Have fun!
Oh, I did about 5 yrs ago and couldn't be happier. Anyone doing the switch from an airline like Delta to Southwest is mind blown by their policies. Sad when common sense is not the norm and you are actually surprised by it.

What kind of discount did NRA members even enjoy on Delta? Any members care to shed some light? Edit ...see it was a discount to their national convention. Who cares. Obviously Delta is doing this for the exposure.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 02-27-2018 at 05:14 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 05:42 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Oh, I did about 5 yrs ago and couldn't be happier. Anyone doing the switch from an airline like Delta to Southwest is mind blown by their policies. Sad when common sense is not the norm and you are actually surprised by it.
Frontier and Spirit aren't spelled S o u t h w e s t. You can have them, I'm not impressed by them at all. My last flight on them was my last flight on them. Not fun taking a 30 minute delay on a tired old 737 that had an overhead bin that wouldn't close. After a parade of maintenance guys couldn't fix it, they literally duct-taped it so we could depart.

Quote:
What kind of discount did NRA members even enjoy on Delta? Any members care to shed some light? Edit ...see it was a discount to their national convention. Who cares. Obviously Delta is doing this for the exposure.
No, it's called being morally responsible against a spineless, radical organization that endorses carnage of innocent people.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:38 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
Ok, Minneapolis and some of these off topic posts are not going to fly (see what I did here ) . Back on topic, please.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,222,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
This will blow over and people will fly Delta again. They may have no choice, it always happens. I'm sure people vowed to stop flying United after their treatment incidents, and vowed to stop flying Malaysia after their 2014 crashes, but here we are. People said they'd boycott Walmart and Target and everyone else after the confederate merch was removed, yet here they are, still at Walmart.

Delta is too big of an asset for Georgia. If the legislation is that upset over NRA nonsense and ends up losing business, then it's deserved.
Who is vowing to not fly Delta? I'm thinking their business might actually be picking up.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:18 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
So from your viewpoint, this is nothing to get too worked up over? Just keeping their base covered? Of course if we get a governor less moderate than Deal, it could be a problem.
Well, yeah, this is definitely a situation to be deeply concerned about.

It is never a good thing when a state's government leaders is angrily and publicly attacking one of that state's largest and most critically important employers.

Politicians like Cagle understandably may be keeping their base covered because they know that it is most likely a winning electoral strategy in a generally deeply socially conservative state like Georgia... But keeping the base covered can be very costly (particularly from a public relations and reputational standpoint) when Georgia state government appears to be openly hostile to the same corporate/business community that they often claim to want to grow so much.

Like many other posters have expressed, I'm sure that potential investors (including Amazon and Apple) are closely watching this political firestorm against Delta by Georgia's state government and legislative leaders and taking notes.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:42 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
OMG, this is priceless!

The opening skit on the Stephen Colbert Show just now was a huge lampoon of Cagle during a Delta pre-flight safety demonstration. Absolutely hilarious!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:48 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I think companies should stay out of politics.

I also think government has no business giving breaks to any company. If they need special treatment to stay in a location, then let them go where they can afford to be without welfare.

I have been shocked by the reporting on many threads here about our tax dollars being wasted when we are borrowing money to survive. Our constitution only allows for tax dollars being spend for our defense and safety. We are being sold out by those people who are supposed to be looking out for us.

The ONLY political adds I have seen in years that make any sense are the ones broadcast by the NRA. I used to respect Delta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta