Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris1 View Post
SunTrust, BB&T tap brand consultancy to develop new name

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline

SOURCE: Atlanta Business Chronicle

Still though, Sun Trust is a really good name.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:07 AM

57 posts, read 103,614 times
As far as I’m concerned, the name of the new bank should be:

Sun of a BB&T

Signed,

Employee who left because of the merger.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:23 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
I'm sorry to hear that, here's hoping you land something great.

My sister had a great job in Orlando in their fraud department. They were all let go two weeks ago.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, here's hoping you land something great.

My sister had a great job in Orlando in their fraud department. They were all let go two weeks ago.
Thank you for the kind words and wishes. I actually left voluntarily as I wasn’t going to wait for this process to unravel my life. I did land somewhere else with another great opportunity.

My comment was more tongue in cheek than anything else. I really love SunTrust, and everything about this process is right for the organization - except not for me.

Here hoping the great people of this company and Atlantans in general come out mostly unscathed.

Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she turns this into an even opportunity and outcome.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:59 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycityfan View Post
as far as i’m concerned, the name of the new bank should be:

sun of a bb&t

signed,

employee who left because of the merger.
yaaaasss!

Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,556,322 times
As an employee who was not offered a position, I’m angry of course. DH and I found jobs elsewhere. It’ll mean that we’ll have to move again, but it is what it is.

Looking at the bigger picture, this just means there’ll be less competition and fewer options for consumers in banking.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:57 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycityfan View Post
Thank you for the kind words and wishes. I actually left voluntarily as I wasn’t going to wait for this process to unravel my life. I did land somewhere else with another great opportunity.

My comment was more tongue in cheek than anything else. I really love SunTrust, and everything about this process is right for the organization - except not for me.

Here hoping the great people of this company and Atlantans in general come out mostly unscathed.

Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she turns this into an even opportunity and outcome.
Fantastic, glad you scored a good match!

And thanks for the kind words re: my sister. She's already found some great opportunities, but she's very social and is resisting the work from home bit. Once she gets over that, she'll be fine.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Fantastic, glad you scored a good match!

And thanks for the kind words re: my sister. She's already found some great opportunities, but she's very social and is resisting the work from home bit. Once she gets over that, she'll be fine.
Maybe we can switch - WFH is the Super Bowl of opportunities!

Glad to hear it is all working out even if for one of the SunTrust alumni.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:48 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,778,524 times
Well I guess they can't keep the term Brand and Sun to their Trust.

That would be pure BS & T.

I hope their brand new logo can keep Sun somehow. Compared to all the branding images you can't do, because they are taken up by some small or big company out there, that is a very good broad, well known, easy to logo in a positive way uplifting symbol. I would think holding onto that somehow is marketing gold for the future.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:15 AM

3,662 posts, read 3,942,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Well I guess they can't keep the term Brand and Sun to their Trust.

That would be pure BS & T.

I hope their brand new logo can keep Sun somehow. Compared to all the branding images you can't do, because they are taken up by some small or big company out there, that is a very good broad, well known, easy to logo in a positive way uplifting symbol. I would think holding onto that somehow is marketing gold for the future.
I'm sick of the logos trying to look 3 dimensional and Suntrust was one of them.

Unless it's playing on positive and negative space to resemble 3D like with just 2 colors, that I like.

I like simple, one-color unique shapes with a few cutouts slicing through that hint at letters.

So you read it as unique to the company, not just letters from Adobe typefaces spelling out the name.

The best logos are symbols that don't need words like Target's bullseye.

In 1994 I worked on a project in Norcross with the graphic artist who was in his 60's, who came up with the Target's logo.

I think the name will be like a new prescription drug, completely new term, which I think is the right choice since it will be for decades to come.

vintage BB&T commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxkVUCFMv4

I grew up hearing this on tv. NCNB which is Bank of America now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNA_idaYes

Last edited by architect77; 04-19-2019 at 03:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta