Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:55 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesnowskiing View Post
Midtown hosts the "Pride Festival" (which used to be called "Gay Pride Festival" - don't know why they changed it) each year, which includes a huge parade. Here's the info:

The Atlanta Pride Committee, Inc
Because transgendered people are also included in the festivities, and most are not gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 PM

321 posts, read 1,119,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesnowskiing View Post
I think you would enjoy Midtown a lot better than Cumming. Midtown has a very strong gay population. This has been the case since at least the late 80s & has only gotten stronger. You may also enjoy East Atl Village or Decatur, but I think you would enjoy Midtown the most.
They have made their choice to make residence in Cumming, Georgia ... Forsyth County. As many people have and hopefully will continue to choose if that is what would like for themselves.

Please celebrate and respect their choices; perhaps they have already been to Midtown and decided that it truly wasn't what they were looking for as far as 'community'. They have decided for themselves to create diversity in the own manner and method. I applaud their decision!

Stronger what? Strength in [population] numbers? Sometimes that can have negative implications and results. I find some residents in Midtown Atlanta often are very autocratic, ageist ... and sometimes very prejudiced on a variety of subjects not readily found in gay communities in New York, Los Angeles or Chicago.

For example ... my street in 30306 ... only residents of caucasian decent reside on the ENTIRE street. My home where I currently reside in NE Cobb? Very, very diverse. Gay/str8, Catholic/Protestant, Asian/Hispanic/African/European American.

Diversity can be found anywhere you look. Except in those hearts and minds of individuals with only one opinion.

Last edited by rswlguy; 08-26-2008 at 12:19 PM..

Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
[quote=rswlguy;5003338]

perhaps they have already been to Midtown and decided that it truly wasn't what they were looking for as far as 'community'.

What? I don't get it?

Who wouldn't want to pay $600,000 for an old, tired-looking, small to medium-sized Midtown bungalow with a detached garage. A bungalow that needs lots of work. Who wouldn't want to spend every weekend of their entire lives renovating these gems.

Surely this gay couple will eventually see the light. Maybe the high Fulton County taxes will convince them.

Yesterday I was browsing real-estate ads, and a big stately house was listed for $600,000 in the guard-gated community of St. Marlo in Forsyth County. What a dump compared to most of the houses in Midtown. Would anyone really enjoy a dump like this? Who would want an attached 3-car garage, modern architecture, fine detailing, lots more bedrooms, lots more baths, Pella-like windows, great curb appeal and master craftsmanship.

The low property taxes in Forsyth County would turn anyone off. Then you have to pay an annual fee of $1600 for the gated 24-hour security. No way! I'd rather pay $1600 for guns and iron bars in Midtown.

Yeah, leave this gay couple alone. If they want to live in a dump like this St. Marlo house, so be it. They'll eventually move to Midtown.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
[quote=Zel Ya;5005903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswlguy View Post

perhaps they have already been to Midtown and decided that it truly wasn't what they were looking for as far as 'community'.

What? I don't get it?

Who wouldn't want to pay $600,000 for an old, tired-looking, small to medium-sized Midtown bungalow with a detached garage. A bungalow that needs lots of work. Who wouldn't want to spend every weekend of their entire lives renovating these gems.

Surely this gay couple will eventually see the light. Maybe the high Fulton County taxes will convince them.

Yesterday I was browsing real-estate ads, and a big stately house was listed for $600,000 in the guard-gated community of St. Marlo in Forsyth County. What a dump compared to most of the houses in Midtown. Would anyone really enjoy a dump like this? Who would want an attached 3-car garage, modern architecture, fine detailing, lots more bedrooms, lots more baths, Pella-like windows, great curb appeal and master craftsmanship.

The low property taxes in Forsyth County would turn anyone off. Then you have to pay an annual fee of $1600 for the gated 24-hour security. No way! I'd rather pay $1600 for guns and iron bars in Midtown.

Yeah, leave this gay couple alone. If they want to live in a dump like this St. Marlo house, so be it. They'll eventually move to Midtown.
I'll take the dump in Midtown, thank you.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
What? I don't get it?

NOW NOW Zel ... first of all, would you get the 'quotes' right please? I expect better from the Atlanta vigilante ... otherwise I'm going to have to spank you.

You know as well as I do ... where someone chooses to live doesn't necessarily is anyone else's "business". So don't get your 'panties' in a wad ... and make the poor lesbians who live in Cumming move anywhere they don't choose to reside.

Ok my vigilante friend ... you get those liars and bizzare [indigenous] phonies who can't remember their last disingenuous remark on here ... and call 'em on the carpet! Get 'em tiger.

I was in New York City just this afternoon ... a little shopping, lunch with friends ... beautiful day, glorious and wonderful! Ah ... big city and big city people, what a marvelous example and standards they set for all of us to achieve.

Be good. Don't mess up the quotes and put MY name on something I didn't say And remember, that diversity is something that you cannot truly practice if you have only 1 opinion in your heart and mind!

Last edited by rswlguy; 08-27-2008 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
It came to our attention, that this thread is veering a bit to the "personal" agendas, believes and disbelieves.
Please stay on topic, post HELPFUL info, stay on track and post FACTS....only, please !
If in doubt, please refer to the CD ToS (Terms of Service), Rules and guidelines....or contact a Mod.

Now carry on, my friends....carry on

Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
Quote:
NOW NOW Zel ... first of all, would you get the 'quotes' right please? I expect better from the Atlanta vigilante ... otherwise I'm going to have to spank you.

You know as well as I do ... where someone chooses to live doesn't necessarily is anyone else's "business". So don't get your 'panties' in a wad ... and make the poor lesbians who live in Cumming move anywhere they don't choose to reside.

Ok my vigilante friend ... you get those liars and bizzare [indigenous] phonies who can't remember their last disingenuous remark on here ... and call 'em on the carpet! Get 'em tiger.

I was in New York City just this afternoon ... a little shopping, lunch with friends ... beautiful day, glorious and wonderful! Ah ... big city and big city people, what a marvelous example and standards they set for all of us to achieve.

Be good. Don't mess up the quotes and put MY name on something I didn't say And remember, that diversity is something that you cannot truly practice if you have only 1 opinion in your heart and mind!

Hopefully you have read one of the moderator's comments in this thread.

I was addressing one specific thought of yours in an OP. Consequently, I used my delete key on my computer keyboard to delete the nonrelevant sentences. The OP key sentence origniated from you and not me.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Hopefully you have read one of the moderator's comments in this thread.

I was addressing one specific thought of yours in an OP. Consequently, I used my delete key on my computer keyboard to delete the nonrelevant sentences. The OP key sentence origniated from you and not me.
No worries and no fault!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Quote:
No worries and no fault!
Thank you very much, for settling down a bit on this topic, and to stick to facts and not veer into the "he said- she said" type of thing. (And to keep this thread alive, so I won't have to shut it down...LOL )
Helpful info and facts are always welcomed with open arms.....and I think, it's beneficial to so many people, searching for the right leads and info affecting their lives.
If members would put their personal stand aside, and just provide specific info, data and facts in their answers (answering the specific question a member asked for), there would be no back and forth on things....period....and there would be no reason to get personal and/ or nasty about it.
Just my 2- cents worth, my friends.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 PM

4 posts, read 8,520 times
Thanks everyone for info, insight, opinions,etc. We're just a lesbian couple in early 40's with 2 kids looking for other people to hang out with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta