Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Man, I wish we had 7/11s around here. When did they leave Atlanta?
Sometimes memories are better than reality. 7/11 is all over DFW. Trust me, QT and Racetrac are MUCH better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Has anyone heard of Herren's?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sure. It was a well known restaurant back in the day.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yeah, right across the street from the Playboy Club.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,244 times
Default East Point 60's

Hi, I'm new here. While Googling "Joe Cotton's" I ran across this forum. I'm trying to locate a few landmarks I recall from childhood. One is Joe Cotton's Restaurant, I believe on Lee Street. One is an ice cream shop I believe named Miss Georgia Maid, again on Lee Street. And the last was the Gordon Potato Chip plant, visible from I-75 Southbound, which I think went on to become a Coca-Cola factory and is something else now. Does anyone have any info or pictures to share about this area? Thanks!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Sometimes memories are better than reality. 7/11 is all over DFW. Trust me, QT and Racetrac are MUCH better.
Just to derail a bit, Dallas-based 7-Eleven bought up the TETCO chain of stations based in San Antonio. The TETCO stations that I've seen all sold Chevron gas. 7-Eleven also bought a large Florida chain that was selling Exxon/Mobile. The plan is to convert the TETCO stations to 7-Eleven(not done so far in Austin); but I wonder what brand petrol they will sell??? I try to stick to top tier gasoline and the TETCOs in our area had competitive prices for Chevron(one of my favorites).

The pertinent part of my post is to remind folks that QT sells top-tier fuel, not always the case with Racetrac, Kroger, Costco and others. If the former TETCO stations sell Chevron, Exxon, Shell or any other top-tier gas, I'll stay a customer(even though they got rid of their 'frequent-gasser' card that earned points toward car washes, etc).

Now, back to regular programming...

Anybody know what's been decided re: the former Stone Mountain Olympic Tennis Center? Guess that might be a case of "Forgotten but not Gone"

Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 PM

6 posts, read 10,406 times
freaknick

Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Just to derail a bit, Dallas-based 7-Eleven bought up the TETCO chain of stations based in San Antonio. The TETCO stations that I've seen all sold Chevron gas. 7-Eleven also bought a large Florida chain that was selling Exxon/Mobile. The plan is to convert the TETCO stations to 7-Eleven(not done so far in Austin); but I wonder what brand petrol they will sell??? I try to stick to top tier gasoline and the TETCOs in our area had competitive prices for Chevron(one of my favorites).

The pertinent part of my post is to remind folks that QT sells top-tier fuel, not always the case with Racetrac, Kroger, Costco and others. If the former TETCO stations sell Chevron, Exxon, Shell or any other top-tier gas, I'll stay a customer(even though they got rid of their 'frequent-gasser' card that earned points toward car washes, etc).

Now, back to regular programming...

Anybody know what's been decided re: the former Stone Mountain Olympic Tennis Center? Guess that might be a case of "Forgotten but not Gone"
well 7/11 isn't always a gas station, in fact the 7/11s i remember were just corner stores. now, one place that i really wish was around atl is wawa. if you've never heard of wawa, you're really missing out. they put QT, race trac, all of those places to shame. it's the only gas station quick stop (besides sheetz, which isn't around here either) that has a full service restaurant in every location. seriously, sub sandwiches, quesadillas, etc.— and it's cheap, and it's GOOD! the bathrooms are always clean, it's a totally awesome chain. i really wish we had 'em down here.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,217,901 times
Varsity, Jr.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,785,620 times
Lionel Playworld on Buford Highway --used to have all of the old superhero "action-figures. Close-by, there was the Putt-Putt miniture golf on Shallowford Rd--(last time I checked it was a Vietnamese resturant). Both of the buildings are still there, but the busineeses are just happy memories from the 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta