Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM

325 posts, read 979,778 times

Advertisements

I went to a function, and there was a director there who had made a docu/movie (hence the title of the thread) about black men being tired. At first I was apprehensive about buying it, but I like indie "unknown" films for the most part. It actually was very interesting....the film was by a man name Tim Alexander, is anyone familiar with him? Ladies and gentlemen alike, I would HIGHLY recommend you take a look at it. It asked honest questions of everyday people from Atlanta, Houston, New York, and LA, about relationships and why they feel they fail more than succeed. It also offered realistic relationship scenarios of where black relationships fail (or relationships in general with a focus on black ones..lol)......It actually gave a name to for the continued drama black women give black men...he called it ABS (Angry Black Woman Syndrome)...lets dialogue....share your thoughts....

Old 05-17-2009, 03:30 PM

133 posts, read 504,821 times
*Hits Jeffeda over the head with a frying pan and walks out of thread*

Old 05-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LahdeeDahdee View Post
*Hits Jeffeda over the head with a frying pan and walks out of thread*
Dang...that was mean

Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 PM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
I went to a function, and there was a director there who had made a docu/movie (hence the title of the thread) about black men being tired. At first I was apprehensive about buying it, but I like indie "unknown" films for the most part. It actually was very interesting....the film was by a man name Tim Alexander, is anyone familiar with him? Ladies and gentlemen alike, I would HIGHLY recommend you take a look at it. It asked honest questions of everyday people from Atlanta, Houston, New York, and LA, about relationships and why they feel they fail more than succeed. It also offered realistic relationship scenarios of where black relationships fail (or relationships in general with a focus on black ones..lol)......It actually gave a name to for the continued drama black women give black men...he called it ABS (Angry Black Woman Syndrome)...lets dialogue....share your thoughts....
You had me until I read that statement

Old 05-17-2009, 06:53 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You had me until I read that statement

Actually wouldn't that be called ABWS?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

Oh Snap!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 PM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
You can call it AWBS...I call it mysogyny.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Well all, of course ABWS is what I THOUGHT it would be called, BUT if you take a look at the docu/movie, this is what HE called it (ABS)...dam..don't shoot the messenger...lol...just relaying what I saw....

Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
I heard of it a while back. I never got a chance to investigate it. I'd like to get a male's point of view about it. I will look into it though.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 AM

572 posts, read 1,871,148 times
I seen it jeffreda, and I thought it was very interesting. MisterNY, from a male's point of view, I think you should check it out. It mostly talks about the problems with black women in relationships. It doesn't talk about men's problems too much, it's very pro-man. I liked it because it was different. You have all these Tyler Perry movies and 'Waiting to Exhales' out where the black man is in the wrong and causes all the problems in relationships, but in this documentary it is flipped. It talks about what black women do that messes up a relationship, and truthfully he has some good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta