Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
For me, WSB 750's only saving grace is that it has the Clark Howard show, which is practically a life-saver to me when it comes to fiduciary schooling. Other than that, the rest of the programming comes off to me as the Confederacy Daily News, no offense to my fellow right-wing Atlantans/Georgians of course.
Atlanta has a great assortment of AM talk stations.

640 WGST: Limbaugh, Levin
750 WSB: Hannity, Boortz, Savage, Cain
920 WGKA: Medved, Hewitt, Prager, Bennett, Gallagher
1160 WCFO: "Mancow", Ingraham, Dobbs

Old 08-02-2009, 12:14 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
Is anyone else tired of the 7-song repeat that EVERY station in Atlanta does?

I was just down in Florida last month right outside of St. Pete, and their radio stations were AWESOME. Almost every time you flipped a good song was on, bunch of old school stuff was getting played, and I rarely ever heard the same song twice.

95.5 the REpeat, V103, Star 94, etc = All garbage. Guess it's time to get satellite radio.

Anybody else feel my pain here?
Sure you're not talking about Houston?

I feel for you.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 AM

927 posts, read 2,225,601 times
Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side. Compared to other large markets, I've found Atlanta to be among the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
The L.A. market isn't that great, in terms of radio. One or two country stations and a few rock stations. Most of the market is dominated by dance, r&b, pop, and Spanish formats.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side. Compared to other large markets, I've found Atlanta to be among the best.
Don't know what "large markets" you've lived in, but my experience with FM radio has not been the same, and I've lived in two other of the top 10 markets (3 if you include Atlanta). AM here is comparable.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:04 AM

927 posts, read 2,225,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Don't know what "large markets" you've lived in, but my experience with FM radio has not been the same, and I've lived in two other of the top 10 markets (3 if you include Atlanta). AM here is comparable.
LA and New York. New York didn't have enough college radio, nor any alternative rock that I could find in my couple of years of living there. And both LA's and New York's urban radio were lacking any variety.

I've spent time in Dallas and Orlando as well, at least enough to get familiar with their radio stations

I've actually heard better radio in places like Tallahassee and Columbus, GA than these larger cities.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 AM

642 posts, read 2,218,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Why does it have to be "angry"? Oh, because it's different from your ideological viewpoint, which is a huge failure in talk radio? There is a much larger radio listening audience that is conservative than left wing minded. It's why Air America has been a flop.
I guess you'd have to ask the hosts and the callers that are always ranting and raving about something that question. And I care far more about what sells at the polls than on the radio.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:46 AM

642 posts, read 2,218,900 times
Quote:
LA and New York. New York didn't have enough college radio, nor any alternative rock that I could find in my couple of years of living there. And both LA's and New York's urban radio were lacking any variety.

I've spent time in Dallas and Orlando as well, at least enough to get familiar with their radio stations

I've actually heard better radio in places like Tallahassee and Columbus, GA than these larger cities.
I don't know when you were in New York but I moved out of that market area two years ago. Outside of the few hip hop stations they have 107.5 WBLS and 98.7 Kiss FM with the latter being the station I gravitated to. And both of their formats were classic or old school R&B mixed with some of today's R&B. And I know for a fact that they played a variety. WBLS played a bit of hip-hop and Kiss played none really.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
New York didn't have enough college radio
87.75 WNYZ-LP ("Pulse 87") Rhythmic CHR
88.1 WCWP Jazz LIU/C.W. Post Campus
88.3 WBGO ("Jazz 88") Jazz
88.7 WRHU Variety-Music Hofstra University
88.9 WSIA Variety-Music Staten Island University
89.1 WFDU Music - Variety Fairleigh Dickinson University
89.1 WNYU Variety - Music New York University
89.5 WSOU Rock Seton Hall University
89.9 WKCR Variety-Music Columbia University
90.3 WKRB CHR Kingsborough Community College
90.3 WHCR Variety City College of New York
90.3 WHPC Music-Variety Nassau Community College

Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 PM

109 posts, read 329,276 times
Do you know what is funny? Atlanta's morning show is The Bert Show. Is this show the absolute worst you have ever heard? How the hell did that nasty looking Bert even get on the radio? His butt would be fired within minutes if he was up in NY or anywhere else outside of Atlanta that has a real radio market.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:39 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher30004 View Post
Do you know what is funny? Atlanta's morning show is The Bert Show. Is this show the absolute worst you have ever heard? How the hell did that nasty looking Bert even get on the radio? His butt would be fired within minutes if he was up in NY or anywhere else outside of Atlanta that has a real radio market.
You should know that radio is about voice, not looks, as well as entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta