Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,013 times

Advertisements

Look forward to get suggestion from Moms in Lakeway area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
Default Are You Kidding Me??

Why did she choose Lakeway?

Great schools, , Hill Country Galleria, dozens and dozens of great restaraunts, movie theatre, lake access, great docters (beansprout Pediatrics), Hill COuntry Peidatric Dentistry, beautiful parks. so many preschools

Most of the people are not retired, there are sooooooo many young families here that some of the nicer resteraunts even have play areas.

The writer of this chose a great place to raise young children.
Circle C is south Austin ( yuk) and EVERYBODY knows Steiner is known as Stepford Ranch, people that live their think its a town, they are a clicky, holding all the same purses. There is a fast growin rise on teenagers with anorexia and bulimia coming out of there. it is NOT on the Lake! it is near it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Why did you choose Lakeway? You should have considered Steiner Ranch if you wanted to live by the lake. I believe that most of the people in Lakeway are older and retired. That might change in the future though. I would have considered Circle C or many other areas that cater to children.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larasteve View Post

Great schools, , Hill Country Galleria, dozens and dozens of great restaraunts, movie theatre, lake access, great docters (beansprout Pediatrics), Hill COuntry Peidatric Dentistry, beautiful parks. so many preschools

Most of the people are not retired, there are sooooooo many young families here that some of the nicer resteraunts even have play areas.

Circle C is south Austin ( yuk) and EVERYBODY knows Steiner is known as Stepford Ranch, people that live their think its a town, they are a clicky, holding all the same purses. There is a fast growin rise on teenagers with anorexia and bulimia coming out of there. it is NOT on the Lake! it is near it.
Wow. This post covered it all:
1. bigotry,
2. discrimination,
3. defamation of character
4. lying about others to maintain one's own image
5. desperation by the poster by digging up a 3 y.o. thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM

6 posts, read 7,782 times
Wow, now I'm really confused.......moving to Austin this summer with 3 kids...never been to Texas.....trying to make sense of everyone's comments.....I'm not sure which areas to seriously consider.....and I can't arrive earlier to see for myself because of work...help!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
Quote:

Funny, the preschool my kids attend is in Lakeway and the most pretentious moms there are the ones for Lakeway. They seem to think they are too good for Steiner Ranch (hmmmm, sounds a little like the same attitude you have).

Perhaps you should also do some research on drug usage at Lake Travis HS before you start making blanket statements about Steiner teens.

And BTW, Steiner Ranch IS on the Lake (that's usually the case when a place has waterfront homes). Pull your head out of your ass and go look at a map. And while you're at it, check out a dictionary and learn to spell "cliquey."

Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famof5onthemove View Post
Wow, now I'm really confused.......moving to Austin this summer with 3 kids...never been to Texas.....trying to make sense of everyone's comments.....I'm not sure which areas to seriously consider.....and I can't arrive earlier to see for myself because of work...help!
Definitely rent for a year while you explore the various communities.
Don't buy on word of mouth only.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,737,895 times
Quote:

What a great first post. You should befriend eepstein and become compatriots in hyperbole.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 992 times
Does anyone know if there are cheerleading programs or youth football? I have a 7 year old girl who was in cheer prior to our move and a 5 and 8 year old sons who want to play football again. Thanks for any info you have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin