Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 08:18 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I like Azul Tequila on Dry Creek, mainly the seafood dishes. Nice outdoor patio, too, which these days feels safer than eating inside.
That location was a BBQ place for decades before Azul was there, right? What was the name of the place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 08:12 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times
I seriously recommend Pinthouse Pizza, they have 3 locations, one in Round Rock, one in North Austin on Burnet and one in South Austin on South Lamar near Capitol Of Texas Hwy, I've only been to the Burnet location.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:48 PM

283 posts, read 255,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
That location was a BBQ place for decades before Azul was there, right? What was the name of the place?
It's been quite a few things. I think the bbq place was The Pit. They had a few around town back in the day, still have one next to the Pinthouse on Burnet last I checked.

Old 09-29-2021, 04:57 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,886,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

I think the Azul Tequila location on Dry Creek off of 2222 was a burger place immediately before Azul. The burger place didn't last long. Azul has been there for years. It's a really old building, so it may have been quite a few businesses.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:14 PM

44 posts, read 47,211 times
Would appreciate any restaurant recs in the hill country areas (DS, Driftwood, Wimberley, Spicewood, Lake Travis) and SW Austin and downtown areas. Casual to high end and anything in between! We like everything, but I’m a no-dairy pescatarian. Hubs and kiddo eat meat and dairy. We’ll be in town Sun-Fri and want to try it all!

I was searching this thread for recs but some of the spots that looked compelling have closed :/

Old 10-13-2021, 02:47 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Grey View Post
Would appreciate any restaurant recs in the hill country areas (DS, Driftwood, Wimberley, Spicewood, Lake Travis) and SW Austin and downtown areas. Casual to high end and anything in between! We like everything, but I’m a no-dairy pescatarian. Hubs and kiddo eat meat and dairy. We’ll be in town Sun-Fri and want to try it all!

I was searching this thread for recs but some of the spots that looked compelling have closed :/
If you are on facebook there is a great group called "Eat Drink To Go" that is active and great for those types of recommendations.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:12 PM

116 posts, read 157,693 times
Quote:

Downtown/South Area recommendations:

Loro - its BBQ/Asian fusion, Aaron Franklin and Tyson Cole (Uchi) created it. Brisket almost as good as Franklin and basically no queue, it's very unique and real nice, their outdoor area is great, and I have taken my kiddos there a few times.

Tumble22 - Nashville Style hot chicken restaurant, kids love fried chicken right!? - not super unique but definitely the best fried chicken I've had in Austin.

Sabor Tapatio - Really good Mexican food truck, with outdoor patio, great to bring the kids, the food is so good, the Birria is phenomenal.

We really don't eat out all that much, as we have kids and don't have the time, but those are some great places to check out, that may not get recommended to you off the bat.

You can of course try all the usual tourist favorites, Franklin, Valentina's, Uchi, Terry Blacks, Perla's, Fresa's, Chuy's etc.

oooh, I almost forgot, if you can do Brunch on Sunday, go to the Switch in Dripping Springs, it's got a super unique (and tasty) menu... I would recommend their brisket eggs benedict.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:48 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:

SW Austin/Oak Hill/Bee Cave area: Jack Allen’s, Shore, Eurasia, Cafe Blue. Dripping Springs: Flores, Stanley’s Farmhouse Pizza, Hays Country Market. The Leaning Pear in Wimberley is my favorite restaurant there.

Hope you enjoy a nice visit!

Old 10-14-2021, 07:56 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
We end up eating at Sundancer Grill out at the Sail and Ski marina a couple times a year and really enjoy it for a more casual meal. It is, weather permitting, pretty much open air with a nice breeze off the lake an a pleasant view of the Hurst Creek arm of lake Travis. The menu is not huge but we have found it to be quite good and reasonably priced. For years the service at that location - then called 'Shades' - was quite slow, but is much improved now and, to be honest, don't go there if you are in a hurry .

http://www.sundancergrill.com/

Old 10-17-2021, 09:56 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times
Via 313 Pizza, there are several locations in Austin but I went to the one on Guadalupe, I totally recommend the Detroit Style Pizza, I have a huge appetite and couldn't even finish the small pizza that I ordered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin