Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 03:12 PM

2,304 posts, read 1,524,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
I don’t get why is Melbourne having this new wave and not Sydney, when Sydney has more returning travellers, a larger population, and easier restrictions way before Melbourne did.
We have not had the people guarding our quarantine hotels sleeping with the returned travellers. Then attending large parties or driving Uber in their spare time.

The wave has been caused the total mismanagement of the quarantine. Victoria employed private security contractors who were not trained properly and not supervised properly. NSW has had police, health care workers and other experienced people doing the job. No other state has had cases leak from the quarantine hotels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
First time I've seen a New South Welshman say this. 2020 really does have everything.
You know we really love you all. We just do not normally tell you!

Old 07-07-2020, 08:20 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,894,027 times
Victoria – the s.h.i.t show marches on...

Quote:
Victorian teen on holiday in NSW tests positive
A Victorian teenager on holiday on the NSW Sapphire Coast has been advised a negative coronavirus test he received from Victorian health authorities was, in fact, incorrect.
These guys couldn't run a cake stall. Almost certain now that NSW is going to end up back in some form of lockdown because of Victoria's chain of incompetence.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:35 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Victoria – the s.h.i.t show marches on...

These guys couldn't run a cake stall. Almost certain now that NSW is going to end up back in some form of lockdown because of Victoria's chain of incompetence.

Yep.

I live in Northern NSW, and word on the ground is that there are 10,000 Victorians in our local area, milling about on holiday. While I don't live IN any of the main tourist spots of Byron Bay, Lennox Head, Brunswick Heads etc., I do live in a nearby town which tourists might visit when they can't go to the beach - which includes today as it is cold and rainy.

I'm putting myself back in lockdown and won't be going anywhere for at least a week, maybe two. We do have two builders here at the moment, but they are working around the front of the house and have been more than respectful about social distancing. They also swear that they didn't attend the doof doof in Byron last week.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Yep.

I live in Northern NSW, and word on the ground is that there are 10,000 Victorians in our local area, milling about on holiday. While I don't live IN any of the main tourist spots of Byron Bay, Lennox Head, Brunswick Heads etc., I do live in a nearby town which tourists might visit when they can't go to the beach - which includes today as it is cold and rainy.

I'm putting myself back in lockdown and won't be going anywhere for at least a week, maybe two. We do have two builders here at the moment, but they are working around the front of the house and have been more than respectful about social distancing. They also swear that they didn't attend the doof doof in Byron last week.
I am going to sound like a total snob but, I do not tend to think that people from the hotspots in Melbourne are all that likely to be on holidays in northern NSW. So many immigrants cannot swim and are frightened of the ocean (I have been married to one for decades!)

If we are lucky the Victorian grey nomads will have been away from home for weeks already so not as much of a risk. The families may extend their holidays with the extension of the school holidays but again perhaps have not been near Melbourne when it has become a problem.

I hope!

Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
I am going to sound like a total snob but, I do not tend to think that people from the hotspots in Melbourne are all that likely to be on holidays in northern NSW. So many immigrants cannot swim and are frightened of the ocean (I have been married to one for decades!)
It jumped out of those hotspots long ago. The Victorian government twiddled its thumbs for weeks. Melbourne isn't in lockdown because of a couple of suburbs in west Melbourne. We know there is a 14 day incubation period and that you can spread the virus while incubating it. The hard localised lockdown should have been done when case numbers were in their teens instead of this rear-view mirror stuff.

Three new cases this afternoon in the ACT, all linked back to Victoria. These are the first cases in the ACT in over a month.

Last edited by BCC_1; 07-07-2020 at 10:54 PM..

Old 07-08-2020, 12:27 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,959,037 times
Firstly those on the right, accused the Victorian government of being too controlling over borders and lock downs, while now it appears they are accused of the reverse.
It's as bad as reading 'The Australian' , which exists basically as a mouth piece to promote Tory/Right policy.

It could just as likely have been NSW. Victoria was unlucky. Probably best to hold fire, and see just where the rest of Australia ends up.

So glad WA has maintained closed borders.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:45 AM

239 posts, read 158,736 times
O dear, another Ruby Princess. Passengers on a Jetstar flight from Melbourne were allowed to disembark in Sydney without being screened. When will they ever get it right?

see https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...08-p55a68.html

Old 07-08-2020, 03:27 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Victoria was unlucky.
That's a very generous assessment of things in Victoria. The political decision on how to manage hotel quarantine wasn't a matter of luck, it was a matter of bad decision making and bad management.

Hopefully the good folk of Victoria will remember this on 26/11/22. Not to mention the corruption of their ministry and their support of the CCP.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
It could just as likely have been NSW. Victoria was unlucky.

Yeah and it could've been WA, but no one was as smug and stupid as Dan Andrews to allow private security to run quarantine.

Don't attribute to unluckiness that which can be attributed to incompetence. This is 100% about incompetence not the virus.

Victoria now has a higher daily case load per capita than any country in the EU. Totally ridiculous.

Don't give these wombats a free pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand