Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 01:06 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Let’s hope the luck continues, Balmain being a wealthy area!

Hopefully the police will enforce the isolation of this person and his contacts. I know in a suburb near us, early on, someone was positive and the cops were always driving around to keep check on him. No privacy, everyone knew who he was and where he lived, but that is a price that has to be paid.

Andrews seems like the overbearing parent who is too strict with the teenagers, who then break every rule in retaliation.
Honestly, it bogles the mind why they used private security. They were offered the military and they said no. I hope our luck here continues, but it's hard to believe some cases haven't been imported by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 01:22 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Here you go...From the AFR live blog today.

From a few people I know in the media, there was reportedly also sharing of a cigarette lighter between those in quarantine and the security, and security allowed those under quarantine to go to each others rooms to play cards. The family cluster is, from what I'm told, because a Muslim guard went back to some big family celebration and gave it to his extended family.

You have to wonder how stupid you have to be to use private security for something as critical as quarantine enforcement.
Well you can't blame me for not believing it. Far out.

Feels really ****ty living here right now not gonna lie. There will be an end to this but at the moment it's like looking at all the other kids playing whilst you're grounded for something you didnt do

Old 07-02-2020, 01:55 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Well you can't blame me for not believing it. Far out.

Feels really ****ty living here right now not gonna lie. There will be an end to this but at the moment it's like looking at all the other kids playing whilst you're grounded for something you didnt do
What is the sentiment on the ground like toward the Premier?

Old 07-02-2020, 02:32 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I can't answer your specific question, but this article about Victoria's approach to this pandemic is interesting and may go a way to explaining why it appears there might have been less co-operation than in other states. It's a short, easy read, but written a day or so before the quarantine breaches were discovered.

Coronavirus: Victoria can’t blame bad luck for coronavirus failures | Swinburne news

Old 07-02-2020, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I'm trying to avoid the news. My personal position on him has changed, he started off really well and did a lot of great things for the state but recent decisions and scandals even before this have soured my personal position on him and I probably wont be voting for him for a 3rd time.

Cant speak for anyone else personally, but I've seen an equal amount of people supporting him and calling him out on social media.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:52 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,522,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
I can't answer your specific question, but this article about Victoria's approach to this pandemic is interesting and may go a way to explaining why it appears there might have been less co-operation than in other states. It's a short, easy read, but written a day or so before the quarantine breaches were discovered.

Coronavirus: Victoria can’t blame bad luck for coronavirus failures | Swinburne news
Yes, it was control for the sake of control. Golf was allowed in NSW and it was strictly controlled so as to be safe. Not allowed in Victoria.

First rule of both parenting and teaching is not to make rules that cannot be enforced. Obviously Victoria has been completely unable to enforce its quarantine rules and its credibility must really be shattered now.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:20 AM

239 posts, read 158,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Yes, it was control for the sake of control. Golf was allowed in NSW and it was strictly controlled so as to be safe. Not allowed in Victoria.
The rules were fairly strict here in Queensland without the Victorian problems, the fact that NSW has so far survived reinfection is more a case of good luck rather than good management.

The Victorian problem seems to be a case of the employment of untrained, undisciplined, ethnic security staff who treated their duties to police overseas arrivals in hotels as a joke, had sex with some willing participants, became infected and took the infection back to their large extended ethnic families living in community housing, resulting in the further infection of many others living in that over crowded housing.

The current enquiry will come up with a final answer, but I expect the result will be along the lines of my preceding paragraph.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,522,955 times
Will the enquire feel free to be politically incorrect, I wonder.

They certainly should have been supervising the guards. It is so ironic that the Labor state employed private contractors and NSW have used state employed people.

I wish there was another way to deal with it than locking down the towers.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:28 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
The rules were fairly strict here in Queensland without the Victorian problems, the fact that NSW has so far survived reinfection is more a case of good luck rather than good management.

The Victorian problem seems to be a case of the employment of untrained, undisciplined, ethnic security staff who treated their duties to police overseas arrivals in hotels as a joke, had sex with some willing participants, became infected and took the infection back to their large extended ethnic families living in community housing, resulting in the further infection of many others living in that over crowded housing.

The current enquiry will come up with a final answer, but I expect the result will be along the lines of my preceding paragraph.
It was Muslim security guards spreading it at family gatherings for Eid.

The punters in the towers who are whinging about literally everything need to get a bit of perspective. Goodness me, you're being told to stay at home not go and storm the beaches of Normandy.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:45 PM

So basically brown people ruined it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand