Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM

890 posts, read 3,700,250 times

Advertisements

So I pulled into the parking lot of our local grocery store and right as I pulled into my parking space, some sour-looking woman with her kid comes out. She unlocks the car to my left and the kid immediately wings the door open, right into my car WHILE I'M STILL IN IT!

I opened the door, pretty angry but trying to stay cool. This woman was a complete ***** about it, too. She took all the time in the world to make sure her little boy got nice and comfortable before slowly closing the door. "Where did it hit?" I asked. She looked at me as if this was the least important thing in the history of man kind and opened the door again to indicate the point of impact rather than take the energy to bend down and see what happened. I found two chips, not too small but through to the metal. After inspecting it, I stood up and said, "Don't worry about it. But tell him to be more careful next time." She said not one word to me this whole time. Not a sorry, not a 'you apologize to that man', NOTHING. I honestly think if I hadn't gotten out and said anything when I did, she would have just driven off.

She better hope I don't see her car again because if and when I do, I will key it all the way around. I might even kick a door in or break off a mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:33 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
She better hope I don't see her car again because if and when I do, I will key it all the way around. I might even kick a door in or break off a mirror.
Sorry, but you are in the wrong here. I agree with you that the woman is a jerk, but her kid accidentally hit your car with the door. You were owed an apology by her. However, what you are talking about is straight out vandalism. Remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right and karma can be a bi... sometimes.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,126,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
So I pulled into the parking lot of our local grocery store and right as I pulled into my parking space, some sour-looking woman with her kid comes out. She unlocks the car to my left and the kid immediately wings the door open, right into my car WHILE I'M STILL IN IT!

I opened the door, pretty angry but trying to stay cool. This woman was a complete ***** about it, too. She took all the time in the world to make sure her little boy got nice and comfortable before slowly closing the door. "Where did it hit?" I asked. She looked at me as if this was the least important thing in the history of man kind and opened the door again to indicate the point of impact rather than take the energy to bend down and see what happened. I found two chips, not too small but through to the metal. After inspecting it, I stood up and said, "Don't worry about it. But tell him to be more careful next time." She said not one word to me this whole time. Not a sorry, not a 'you apologize to that man', NOTHING. I honestly think if I hadn't gotten out and said anything when I did, she would have just driven off.

I would have called the police and filed a damage report and gotten the name of her insurance company. Just to annoy her. LOL And taken lots and lots of pictures on my cell phone as evidence. Then of course, I would have mentioned that she would be hearing from my lawyer.

Insufferable.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
LVD is right it was a little kid and an accident. things like this happen in supermarket parking lots all the time.
trust me it could worse this is the worst I have seen

YouTube - ‪BMW Park Fail‬‎
the lady must of thought she was driving big-foot LOL

Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,775,959 times
Sadly people don't take responsibility for their actions anymore. I agree I would have called the cops and threatened her with a lawyer. Otherwise I'd probably introduce my foot to her door then would have said "Oops my bad, my reflexes get jumpy when someone ticks me off". But that would only land me in hot water.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,889,319 times
If she would have said "It's just a car!", I would have taken my mag light and smaked it against her car and said "Yeah, it's just a car!"

Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
If she would have said "It's just a car!", I would have taken my mag light and smaked it against her car and said "Yeah, it's just a car!"
because her little toddler did it by accident way to scare the child dude
very mature and adult like too

Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,933,360 times
The sad thing is the woman will probably live to 90.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,827 times
Very sorry about what happened to your car. The woman obviously had a crappy attitude. However, I was with you until the last sentence.

It does not give you the right in anyway shape or form to key her car. There's never an excuse for this, and just sinks you to a much lower level than her.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM

890 posts, read 3,700,250 times
Sorry guys....just got caught up in the heat of the moment. I always say I'd like to mess with somebody's car when I'm mad but I never have. I was so set off by this whole incident that I walked into the store and couldn't remember why I came in the first place. The when I did remember what it was, I walked down the wrong aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive