Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,936 times

Advertisements

That generation of Focus was pretty nice except for the whacked out seat height adjuster. However, I preferred the first gen Mazda3, where you could actually get the 2.3L engine with an automatic.

Not that that worked out well 75k miles later though....but it was fun while it lasted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 14,200 times
What comes to mind for me is economical, space, and looks. A lot of hatchbacks you can fold down the seats and shove your mountain bike in there. Or your DJ equipment! Obviously gas prices have a big part of choosing what vehicle to drive now. I'm currently in a Blazer ZR2 which doesn't get the best mpg in a metro city.. I've thought about trading it in for a smaller hatch, but thinking about moving back up to Wisconsin. I miss the white stuff It's all preference. I like the VW GTI and Mazda 3/speed 3 hatchbacks. Some others are fairly ugly...

Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times
I have no idea why seeing guys driving hatchbacks troubles the OP to the point of creating a thread about it. The truth is hatchbacks are very functional, it works for me and I could care less what anyone thinks. If you want to be troubled, how about the sea of like SUV's all in a row, like a caravan of sheeple driving down the road. Or the upside down soap dish sedans of various brands, that all look alike. I can never tell one from another unless I'm right behind it. That screams boring to me, but if it works for them great. It's their money to spend so they buy what pleases them, not you.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
... no, it looks like a hatchback to me.

Mitsubishi just doesn't have the market presence that the car companies you listed do. I don't think Mitsu has marketed the Lancer hatch at all, which is a shame, because it is a really good-looking car that's a good size.
I tried to buy one in Ralliart trim but the cargo area was like a resonance chamber for the thrumming exhaust note. It was so unbearable I reluctantly ended up with a sedan instead.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM

12 posts, read 35,777 times
Hatches are practical, 'nuff said. Who cares what people drive? If somebody needs a certain car to feel better about themselves, e.g., a big pickup to feel manly or a luxe ride to display their wealth (mind you, there are plenty of other, legitimate reasons people drive pickups and luxury cars), then they have other shortcomings they need to deal with.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Why do men drive hatchbacks?
Because we have alot of junk in our trunk.
Oh wait ...

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM

564 posts, read 1,493,559 times
I see just as many women driving hatchbacks.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM

171 posts, read 416,315 times
real men don't let their cars define them.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,161,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I have no idea why seeing guys driving hatchbacks troubles the OP to the point of creating a thread about it. The truth is hatchbacks are very functional, it works for me and I could care less what anyone thinks. If you want to be troubled, how about the sea of like SUV's all in a row, like a caravan of sheeple driving down the road. Or the upside down soap dish sedans of various brands, that all look alike. I can never tell one from another unless I'm right behind it. That screams boring to me, but if it works for them great. It's their money to spend so they buy what pleases them, not you.
Well said. I would have bought a hatch (Focus) this year if I didn't have a kid and 2 dogs.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,508,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Mitsubishi just doesn't have the market presence that the car companies you listed do. I don't think Mitsu has marketed the Lancer hatch at all, which is a shame, because it is a really good-looking car that's a good size.
They don't advertise at all! I don't know why either. I wasn't even considering Mitsu until I was driving around a nearby auto mall looking at all the usual suspects (Chevy, VW, Honda, Mazda, Kia, etc...). The Kia dealer also sold Mitsubishi and had a Lancer on the lot. First time I'd seen one and I like its looks. Checked online and there was a large dealer in Huntington Beach that was selling them with huge discounts given they're not very popular. I got it for around 4K less than the more popular brands in the Sacramento area. It was worth the $100 Southwest flight down to pick it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive