Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 02:39 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,859,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Flippin' Hannaford truck drivers here in Maine do that sh...stuff a LOT- speed limit down to 45 in a storm and these clowns go speeding past in excess of it, splashing crap up onto people's windshields...one time 3 went by me in a line, and the stuff was so heavy my wipers wouldn't move it...I was sure wishing I could have thrown some lead at them.
How often have we wished could launch or call in a smart missile?

Just a few authorized 'agents' in each state could help control a lot of jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 03:02 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,531 times
These drivers are lucky this road was not a bridge as many would have crashed through or gone over the guard rails and fallen to their deaths into the river.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 PM

269 posts, read 536,472 times
How about moving your accident out of the flow. The first 1 that spun got out and left his car in the middle of the hwy and caused a good deal of the others. to wreck trying to avoid there 2 cars. They weren't that damaged that they couldn't have been moved off to the side. If they got their cars off onto the side, much of the rest later never happens unless you have the rubberneckers.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM

978 posts, read 2,058,853 times
Every year, come first major snowfall, it seems that people forget how to drive in the snow, even in places that are known for lots of snow. Idiots.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,457,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
What is WRONG with these fools?
Was nobody there paying attention to the traffic conditions up ahead?

Seriously, that was idiot after speeding idiot getting in to that mess.

In addition to the speeders, what the heck was that one stopped car doing with doors open into traffic on BOTH sides of the vehicle?

Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,939,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I found that semi & it's driver's skills to be the best in this sorry bunch. I key expecting it to add to the situation but it just successfully cruised on through. The Wal-Mart semi, on the other hand, was the most careful/considerate vehicle I saw. Glad to see them pick safety over profit for once.
Yes...when I saw the WalMart semi stop and stay I thought, FINALLY someone is doing the right thing.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:56 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,914,436 times
Damn retards - the fact that there were some cars that were able to slow WAY before they came up to the wreck means that it was easily visible and some people just lack depth perception entirely. Some cars were driving as fast as they would with no snow on the ground and caused others to crash when they were perfectly fine. It angers me so much I'd like to be able to punch some of them in the face.

And I agree the ones in the middle of the road still need to move away after getting hit. Why would you even let it sit there in harms way? Retarded. And I mean that in every sense of the word.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:29 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,379,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
First off: Hurray for WalMart! I'm not a big fan of WalMart otherwise, but I've always been relatively impressed by their truck drivers on the road. For years now I've been telling people about how WalMart truck drivers are the only decent group of truckers on the road, probably because they're salaried and benefited well so they have nothing to gain and everything to lose by driving recklessly.

Secondably: Think about this: at least 50% of those drivers were going way to fast. Either there was an unusually high % of total idiots on that section of road a that particular time, or there are that many idiots around you every time you drive on the freeway! I strongly suspect the latter, which makes defensive driving that much more important, especially in snowy/icy conditions.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,042,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Secondably: Think about this: at least 50% of those drivers were going way to fast. Either there was an unusually high % of total idiots on that section of road a that particular time, or there are that many idiots around you every time you drive on the freeway! I strongly suspect the latter, which makes defensive driving that much more important, especially in snowy/icy conditions.
I'd agree on the latter; all my years up there it was a constant 'threat' on poor roads, having so many that take too many chances with themselves and others. But i wont pin it just on my WI peeps as i've seen that happen really in every other state i've spent hiway time in. And that's what bothers me the most; i can try my best to be defensive behind the wheel and use caution when the road demands it, and still be tagged by a moron.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:58 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,349,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Yes...when I saw the WalMart semi stop and stay I thought, FINALLY someone is doing the right thing.

The Walmart drivers are some of the best out there. I was a little surprised that he did not do what a lot of truckers do in this case, - occupy BOTH lanes to slow down traffic.

I was out of the road that day. I made it four miles, saw a major (fatality) accident and turned around and went home. It was not worth the risk to life and property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive