Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 05:39 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
And a V-10 powered viper beat it...We do all see this is a worthless and pointless argument right?
Too an extent, but dollar for dollar the American cars are cheaper. I do get the point of your argument though, and for me the Dodge is American. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate what Nissan has done either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 05:49 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
And a V-10 powered viper beat it...We do all see this is a worthless and pointless argument right?
Those are the only kinds of arguments he knows how to make.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:57 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I never said a nascar car costs 80k. Were talking engines not whole cars. Or are we? You don't even know what v8 vs turbo 6 vs v10 you're comparing. Or the car you want to compare. Modified vs stock vehicle or modified vs stock engine? I'm still trying to pin down what you mean by performance. You're so all over the map its a guessing game.
This isn't rocket science. If you can't figure out that the OP posted pics of a bunch of modified V8 Camaros and called them the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I've disagreed and said there are plenty of V6 and V10 engines that perform better (using the GTR and Gallardo engines as an example), then I can't help you. And yes, you DID say cars.

Quote:
A NASCAR v8 makes more hp than the Gallardo does. And can probably make more if they were allowed to.
So you mean to tell me you're comparing just the engine vs the Gallardo engine? No, you're not, because you didn't mention the V10. You're comparing cars.

Quote:
So then what are you talking about because you're comparing 250,000 dollar Lambo super car with 40-80,000 dollar Chevy cars.
Seems like you're comparing cars here too. Now you can continue being obtuse about understanding the English language, but then I'm going to have to lump you in with tweedle-dee and dum here as well, and that's saying something.

Last edited by MckinneyOwnr; 05-04-2014 at 06:39 PM..

Old 05-04-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Those are the only kinds of arguments he knows how to make.
You're the one who claimed the 911 can beat the ZO6. Let me guess you won't admit your wrong either. It's everyone else in the thread and you're right?

Tell us more about that huge Lambo aftermarket?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You're the one who claimed the 911 can beat the ZO6. Let me guess you won't admit your wrong either. It's everyone else in the thread and you're right?

Tell us more about that huge Lambo aftermarket?
He didn't say the Lamborghini aftermarket is huge, he just said the aftermarket Gallardo's and GTR's beat everything other then a one or two Ford GT's when using the the Texas Mile and other mile run races.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,984 times
Quote:
Too an extent, but dollar for dollar the American cars are cheaper. I do get the point of your argument though, and for me the Dodge is American. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate what Nissan has done either.
I also don't see how it's an American vs Foreign issue...I'm fairly certain most countries out there have produced a V8 engine at some time...in the same way that every company has produced Inline Fours, Inline Sixes, and I wouldn't be surprised to find at least a few Straight Eights on every continent (but I wouldn't bet the house on that).

And this wasn't supposed to be a "whole car" comparison, but an engine comparison...And remember, no matter how fast you go, there's always someone faster.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
He didn't say the Lamborghini aftermarket is huge, he just said the aftermarket Gallardo's and GTR's beat everything other then a one or two Ford GT's when using the the Texas Mile and other mile run races.
Post #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
This.

The kings of aftermarket performance right now do not have V8's. The V10 Lamborghini Gallardo and V6 Nissan GTR are kicking ass and taking names of most of the V8 powered cars out there. The only exception is the V8 in the Ford GT, which I think still holds the record at the Texas Mile.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I also don't see how it's an American vs Foreign issue...I'm fairly certain most countries out there have produced a V8 engine at some time...in the same way that every company has produced Inline Fours, Inline Sixes, and I wouldn't be surprised to find at least a few Straight Eights on every continent (but I wouldn't bet the house on that).

And this wasn't supposed to be a "whole car" comparison, but an engine comparison...And remember, no matter how fast you go, there's always someone faster.
And you're the one who decides what the OP's intent is? WTF, at least you think highly of yourself.

Look at the OP's original post and tell us how many foreign cars you see?

Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
And you're the one who decides what the OP's intent is? WTF, at least you think highly of yourself.

Look at the OP's original post and tell us how many foreign cars you see?
I started by reading at the top and working down.

"Why V8's are better than everything"

This has nothing to do with American V8's...or European V8's....had the guy said "American V8's are better than anything" then we'd have something to talk about.

So if I look at the photos in the OP's post, I saw a bunch of cool cars...some dragsters, bunch of F-body's, etc...saw some wheelies, saw some burnouts, etc...

I'm sure you looked at it and saw something different than I did, I just saw cars with V8 engines doing a plethora of different things. Later, someone is gonna start a thread and state "Four cylinders are better than everything" and show a bunch of little cars getting 50 MPG. I don't know where those "theoretical" cars are going to originate from, but if it's overseas I won't be so blind as to think that foreign companies are the only one's who build four cylinder engines.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Tangent ...

V6 engines rule!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive