Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Are you in the same league as TS the veteran professional driver?! I think NOT. Please dispense with the rhetoric, TS knew exactly what he was doing.
Are you in the same league as TS the veteran professional driver?! I think NOT. Please dispense with the rhetoric, Ward knew exactly what he was doing.

That door swings both ways.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 PM

792 posts, read 1,301,628 times
TS was cautioned quite some time ago about the risks and liabilities of "racing down"...He is a competitor that simply loves his chosen profession...Logic screams that TS had absolutely no intention what so ever to cause what occurred. Stewart's life is racing..in one form or other...putting the temper and adrenaline aside...playing any part in causing that kids life to end so tragically is emotional baggage that will never go away...

Love him or hate him...I will never believe that Stewart struck Ward intentionally ...

Everyone seems to be keying on Stewarts failure to avoid, however that young man (Ward) was very familiar with how those cars handle in the dirt.....he was walking straight into the path of travel.

With all respect for Mr. Ward and his family and the Stewart family ...Mr Ward appeared to be a sharp young competitor ...no one involved in the sport of racing wishes for this result...never...ever...God Bless !

Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,946,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Are you in the same league as TS the veteran professional driver?! I think NOT. Please dispense with the rhetoric, Ward knew exactly what he was doing.

That door swings both ways.
The door does not swing both ways in this instance. . . .Riddle me this Batman . . .When does a 20 year old have the maturity of an experienced/veteran 43 year old?! <---rhetorical

Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times
Quote:
The door does not swing both ways in this instance. . . .Riddle me this Batman . . .When does a 20 year old have the maturity of an experienced/veteran 43 year old?! <---rhetorical
Riddle me this, Wonder Woman, at what age do you think most people figure out that running into the middle of the track while a race is going on is a bad idea? Maybe I'm exceptional, but I'm pretty sure I had that one figured out long before I hit 20.

If both were in their cars and Stewart wrecked him with some dirty stunt the difference in age and experience would be a valid point. Not in this case.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Your logic is a complete failure. You cannot dismiss other person's take because of their lack of experience while simultaneously holding that YOUR lack of experience is irrelevant.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Are you in the same league as TS the veteran professional driver?! I think NOT. Please dispense with the rhetoric, TS knew exactly what he was doing.
have you even been in the cockpit of a sprint car? i HAVE been in similar cars, i know what the driver sees. i never claimed to be a driver, i was on the crew, but i HAVE BEEN there, and its obvious YOU havent. i know how those cars are set up, because i set up similar cars. so until you have real racing experience, and by the way i am older than tony stewart is, i was involved in racing since back in the late 70s. tony might have been starting to drive go carts then.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
I absolutely do not believe Tony Stewart intentionally hit Kevin Ward. I have watched the tapes a number of times and I was shocked that Ward stormed towards Stewart while cars were zipping around him. I am sure one of the first rules of racing must be 'don't get out of your car unless it is on fire'!

I feel sorry for Wards parents but I hope they will be able to accept that it was a horrible accident.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:57 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
This is no different than driving on the freeway and getting out of your vehicle running out into the lanes and yelling at the guy who may have cut you off. Bamm a few cars will run over you. It's an unpredictable incident, not intentional and the dead person is an idiot for not following the safety rules.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
That is precisely the point. The kid pulled a bone head trick by going Ghetto in the middle of a track with cars zipping past him. He had NO business doing that, it was a stupid act and he brought it on all by himself. Any racer knows you stay safely in your car until the cars on the track are completely stopped, but he chose to jump out of his car, storm across the track, and then move even closer to Tony's car in an effort to confront him.

While I feel sorry for the family of the kid, I also feel bad for Tony. He will have to live with this the rest of his life and some people will ignore the actions of an immature kid and put the blame on him.

As I said earlier, if the kid had stayed in his car none of this would have happened, and that can not be disputed.

Don

Old 08-14-2014, 06:20 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is precisely the point. The kid pulled a bone head trick by going Ghetto in the middle of a track with cars zipping past him. He had NO business doing that, it was a stupid act and he brought it on all by himself. Any racer knows you stay safely in your car until the cars on the track are completely stopped, but he chose to jump out of his car, storm across the track, and then move even closer to Tony's car in an effort to confront him.

While I feel sorry for the family of the kid, I also feel bad for Tony. He will have to live with this the rest of his life and some people will ignore the actions of an immature kid and put the blame on him.

As I said earlier, if the kid had stayed in his car none of this would have happened, and that can not be disputed.

Don
You'll actually see drivers get out of the car when they are buried in the gravel pits or something. But they are looking around for incoming cars, and they jog to the nearest opening in the wall, not out into the racing line, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive