Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The type of car could have played a part in whether or not Tony saw him in time. That wing could impact or restrict visibility. I believe it's possible Tony intended to clip, not kill the driver. But the driver is an idiot to walk out onto a race track, especially a dirt track that offers very little traction.
My god you are daft. You don't "clip" people in racecars, we've all learned that the hard way by witnessing what happens to pit crew when they get clipped by sticky race tires. Clipping involves broken bones, now why on earth would Tony Stewart actively try to mangle some 20 year old nobody on a dirt track in upstate NY who he didn't even have a problem with?

Use your head, stop insulting Tony by basically accusing him of murder.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
This doesn't really make sense because no experienced racer would even consider stopping his car and getting out under caution in the first place just because another driver is gesturing. Most tracks would put you all the way to the back for such a bonehead move if not black flag you.

Your scenario is way too complex IMHO.

Don in Austin
If the kid had walked in front of the car, then TS would have had to have stopped. I am not saying TS would get out, but he would've been subject to listen to the kid jawing at him or worse, taken a few blows if he decided to jump on the car. By keeping his speed, TS was going to force the kid to back off so he wouldn't have to deal with him. The kid thought by getting in front of him he'd force TS to stop or at least slow down considerably. He lost that game of chicken.

Too complex? LOL. Ok, so let's go back to TS murdered him OR TS had no idea he'd clipped his car and never saw him. That's simple enough. And actually, that better be what TS says from here on out: "Your honor, I never saw him."

Old 08-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and where did you get that impression? blah..blah blah...
From me. I said it. It came from me.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
From me. I said it. It came from me.
in other words you have no clue as to what happened, but because you hate tony stewart so much, you imagined that he did these things in the hope that you can rectify your irrational hatred for stewart.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
in other words you have no clue as to what happened, but because you hate tony stewart so much, you imagined that he did these things in the hope that you can rectify your irrational hatred for stewart.
And you wear TS PJ's to bed. What am I supposed to do with a hopeless comment like the above? It proves you have nothing rational to add to this discussion. You don't know anything about my feelings on TS.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
The driver killed put his own live in danger walking onto a live race track.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
And you wear TS PJ's to bed. What am I supposed to do with a hopeless comment like the above? It proves you have nothing rational to add to this discussion. You don't know anything about my feelings on TS.
and you didnt read any of my other posts on this subject either. i have no love for tony stewart, but i wont find him automatically guilty of a crime either when there is no evidence that a crime occurred. i iwll leave that to you and several others who have done the same thing you have, found tony guilty of a crime, when NO evidence supports your contention.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
and you didnt read any of my other posts on this subject either. i have no love for tony stewart, but i wont find him automatically guilty of a crime either when there is no evidence that a crime occurred. i iwll leave that to you and several others who have done the same thing you have, found tony guilty of a crime, when NO evidence supports your contention.
You obviously have me confused with someone else or you just can't read.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
You obviously have me confused with someone else or you just can't read.
so you didnt post this bit of tripe?

Quote:
If the kid had walked in front of the car, then TS would have had to have stopped. I am not saying TS would get out, but he would've been subject to listen to the kid jawing at him or worse, taken a few blows if he decided to jump on the car. By keeping his speed, TS was going to force the kid to back off so he wouldn't have to deal with him. The kid thought by getting in front of him he'd force TS to stop or at least slow down considerably. He lost that game of chicken.

Too complex? LOL. Ok, so let's go back to TS murdered him OR TS had no idea he'd clipped his car and never saw him. That's simple enough. And actually, that better be what TS says from here on out: "Your honor, I never saw him."

Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 PM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/crimina...6559--spt.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive