Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So what religious affiliation has to this viewpoint? Seriously, post back and let us know. Because I'm pretty sure you've got it wrong.
I'm for sure not a Christian

Old 08-12-2014, 01:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,079,701 times
Murderer

Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,299,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ive watched it a few more times and hope they release the other video. I don't think TS tried to hit him on purpose but rather speed past him to avoid having an altercation with him. He saw the kid. He knew the kid was upset and was out of the car in order to have it out with him. If he was going slow enough and the kid got in front he would have had to have stopped and dealt with him. That means unbuckling and getting out and have to throw down. Im not saying TS was scared to face him or anything like that - he just didn't want to deal with the BS and blow his racing zone. So his orginal intent was to just drive right past the kid who was dumb enough to get too close thinking TS would slow down or get out and want to fight. By the time both men realized what the other was doing, it was too late.
How would Tony have even known the kid was coming after him in the split second he had to notice Ward? He woudn't have even known that Ward spun behind him. The cars don't have rearview mirrors or spotters. By the time they crossed the line for the yellow flag, and anyone could have seen the car parked backwards on the track, it could have been ANYONE behind Tony. Since Tony had done nothing wrong and not made contact with Ward's car, how would there have even been a clue anyone was angry with him, much less have time to think out a strategy of dealing with Ward or not? Seriously.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Murderer
Libelist

Old 08-12-2014, 01:45 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,299,576 times
Quote:
Murderer
Clueless responese number 27 in the thread.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:36 PM

2,160 posts, read 3,597,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Competition can bring out the worst in some people. Also, Tony has made threats in the past to run down another driver.
That is pretty much standard operating procedure on a stock car track. I heard this kind of talk too many times to count during my 12 years racing. It is a huge leap from that to running down a driver OUTSIDE OF HIS CAR.

Don in Austin

Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
How would Tony have even known the kid was coming after him in the split second he had to notice Ward? He woudn't have even known that Ward spun behind him. The cars don't have rearview mirrors or spotters. By the time they crossed the line for the yellow flag, and anyone could have seen the car parked backwards on the track, it could have been ANYONE behind Tony. Since Tony had done nothing wrong and not made contact with Ward's car, how would there have even been a clue anyone was angry with him, much less have time to think out a strategy of dealing with Ward or not? Seriously.
I'm under the impression that he knew he had made contact with Ward. I am also thinking TS saw the kid when he stepped in front of the blue 45 car in front and made gestures to him before stepping in front of TS' car.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,280,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Competition can bring out the worst in some people. Also, Tony has made threats in the past to run down another driver.
The press is having a field day taking those statements totally out of context. It's a common race track metaphor; he was basically saying he he'd do whatever he had to to get around the other driver the next time they raced, not that he literally had any intention of running him over with his car.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 3,597,963 times
Quote:
Ive watched it a few more times and hope they release the other video. I don't think TS tried to hit him on purpose but rather speed past him to avoid having an altercation with him. He saw the kid. He knew the kid was upset and was out of the car in order to have it out with him. If he was going slow enough and the kid got in front he would have had to have stopped and dealt with him. That means unbuckling and getting out and have to throw down. Im not saying TS was scared to face him or anything like that - he just didn't want to deal with the BS and blow his racing zone. So his orginal intent was to just drive right past the kid who was dumb enough to get too close thinking TS would slow down or get out and want to fight. By the time both men realized what the other was doing, it was too late.
This doesn't really make sense because no experienced racer would even consider stopping his car and getting out under caution in the first place just because another driver is gesturing. Most tracks would put you all the way to the back for such a bonehead move if not black flag you.

Your scenario is way too complex IMHO.

Don in Austin

Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They were under caution, so they were not at racing speed. I read that Tony was probably going 30 to 45 mph when he hit Ward.
so that according to you means that tony should have been able to avoid the kid despite all the information those of us that HAVE ACTUAL experience with race cars IN PERSON AT THE TRACK? i mean really? we have people here that are drivers of actual sprint cars, as well as other race cars, and we have crew chiefs as well posting this information. have YOU personally driven a sprint car? have you driven a race car of ANY KIND? if not then you have no credibility when you make claims such as you do. driving the family sedan down the interstate at 65mph at night in the rain, or snow, does not give you any experience driving a race car what so ever.

Quote:
Quote:
in addition to what merc said, you dont just decide to stop your race car on the track in the middle of an event to deal with an angry child. all that would have done is put BOTH drivers in danger, and probably have gotten tony tossed from the race, as well as the kid.

Quote:
Murderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Libelist
Quote:
Clueless responese number 27 in the thread.
caliguy, drover and merc are right, you are not only clueless, but you are also committing libel by claiming that tony is a murderer. you do not know what was on tonys mind, and you very likely do not have ANY EXPERIENCE in a race car of any kind. you and the others of your like, have absolutely no credibility to make the statements you do.

Quote:
I'm under the impression that he knew he had made contact with Ward. I am also thinking TS saw the kid when he stepped in front of the blue 45 car in front and made gestures to him before stepping in front of TS' car.
and where did you get that impression? from some moron like keith olberman? a newscaster that has no racing experience? i ask this because the video doesnt show anything like that, and i can tell you that sprint cars are evil handling race cars, and they are designed that way due to the track surface that they race on. in fact the only way to make them more evil handling wise is to put drag slicks on the back and rip the wimpy 700hp small block motor out and drop in a supercharged 500ci 3000hp(thats what they made back in the late 70s) nitro burning bullet in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive